997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Leather visors after the fact

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 06:47 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Leather visors after the fact

Didn't order visors in leather and now kind of regret it. Presumably I could order through Porsche parts department. Any other ideas?

Old 11-04-2008, 06:53 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brownan
Didn't order visors in leather and now kind of regret it. Presumably I could order through Porsche parts department. Any other ideas?
Just ordered them from suncoast http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...ode=997Leather

Should be here by Friday...will take install pics if you want.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:09 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
They even come without stickers! Very nice.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:40 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bbywu
Just ordered them from suncoast http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...ode=997Leather

Should be here by Friday...will take install pics if you want.
Bob, thanks a lot. Yes, would love to see them once in. thx.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
wow, nice. I too wished I had ordered these things!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I'd love it if someone stocked the arm rest cover with a turbo logo

Old 11-05-2008, 02:09 PM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Bobby, these are slow coming from Europe, so thanks for your patience!

eclou, the embossed arm rest covers are an exclusive new car option only, so it is something a dealer would be unable to order without the VIN of a car that came with it from factory.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Is it a simple unscrew the old, screw in the new??

Old 11-05-2008, 04:13 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Installation...

You will likely break the plastic tabs from the trim if you are not very very careful.

Alternatively, you could simply unhinge the visor from the holding clip, then pull the visor right off of the mount by pull straight outward. (Much easier, but requires some force to pull the visor off.)

Attached Images     

Last edited by bbywu; 02-09-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Installation...
On the 06 and 07 997's no screws - just slide the visor off the swingarm and slide the new one on - takes a good tug to remove though.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
On the 06 and 07 997's no screws - just slide the visor off the swingarm and slide the new one on - takes a good tug to remove though.
True...if you are removing just the visor itself.

But it is just as easy to remove the swingarm and the visor as a unit. In fact, the replacements come together as a unit.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Crap. My visors won't be here until next month. I'll post pics when they arrive.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
I've bought a few sets from Gert at Carnewal.com. He's extremely reliable and is/used to be a board sponsor. Usual turn around is a few days.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Thanks Bobby, these are slow coming from Europe, so thanks for your patience!

eclou, the embossed arm rest covers are an exclusive new car option only, so it is something a dealer would be unable to order without the VIN of a car that came with it from factory.
Steve, I have the VIN of a car in my color with the logo, the local dealer was reluctant to order it. Can you help me out?
Chris (long time customer of suncoast)

Old 11-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by eclou
I'd love it if someone stocked the arm rest cover with a turbo logo
Gene, I can give you my VIN to order one for your car if you want...black interior right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather visors after the fact