997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

SharkWerks 2009 997TT EVT700 Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:55 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Exclamation SharkWerks 2009 997TT EVT700 Project

Hey folks, we've had a few of the 2009 997TT's rolling in here over the last few weeks and I have to say I really dig the changes to the PCM etc... (just like on our 09 PDK car) but other than that it's business as usual for these cars. We mostly do 6speed EVT700's but I have to say this Tiptronic truly flies (what with the gearing and new EVOMSit tuning) and sounds gnarly with the Tubi Race exhaust.

After tuning the ECU with the new EVOMSit software, off came the bumper and on with the EVT700 turbos, the BRVs (in black), upgraded intercoolers and hose kit.
We went with the Tubi race exhaust system on this project- yes it's loud but for those of you that haven't heard it try checking out the video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...OMS_162331.htm)

As part of the EVT700 we also installed the EVO VTG headers:

The Aero add-ons are a mixture of factory-subtle with a blend of TechArt. We started with a Type 1 rear diffuser:

And the techart tips too

Then a factory Aerokit front lip

It's slightly more aggressive than stock and for those of you worried about scraping it's actually not any lower than the stock one (it just pokes out further forward)
As far as the side skirts go we went with the factory GT2 versions

Last edited by sharkster; 02-20-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:57 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Next was the fixed-wing TechArt Type II spoiler

Not only is it adjustable but it has a ram-air effect similar to the 997GT2 tail with the side intake scoops feeding fresh-air to the two intake box inlets. Functional at speed basically...

As is the norm around here, we also installed some light-weight HRE-C21s in brushed/clear finish…

For the interior we added a few touches including the rennline pedals/floorboards

And the FVD steering wheel with paddle-shifters

We then lowered the car with the trusty Bilstein PASM Coil overs & RSS sway bar kit...

The finished article:

Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
The techart type 2 wing is the most beautiful wing available for the 997turbo.
This car is very nice although i prefer the monoblock style wheels.

Last edited by jiaim; 12-12-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by jiaim
I see a techart type 2 wing which is the most beautiful wing available for the 997turbo
Absolutely agree with you... N2it and I were gawking at it (right) on Wednesday. I like how it's not just for looks either but functional with those two inlets....

Old 12-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Nicely done as always!

Old 12-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful pal.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
Nicely done as always!
Thanks man! This one's a tippy for you
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Beautiful pal.
You're next my friend

Old 12-12-2008, 01:22 PM
cooperlee will become famous soon enough
very nice! where can i purchase this factory aerokit front lip unpainted from?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by cooperlee
very nice! where can i purchase this factory aerokit front lip unpainted from?
Hey Cooperlee cheers for the kind words and yes it's available from any Porsche dealership....

Old 12-12-2008, 01:36 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Wow, great set up and all done properly at the same time. Not sure about your tag number on the mirror though...

Old 12-12-2008, 01:41 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I think that lip/side/diffuser combo is my favorite! Nice.
The spoiler looks a bit funny, though. I would have gone with plain stock, OEM Aero, or TA Type I.

Great work as always.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
do you have any under the lid photos? I would like to see if there are any mods under the lid to make the air inlets really efficient?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
The car looks great.
Perfect stance, not too low.
Very tastefully done, IMHO.
Any dyno/60-130 results forthcoming?

Last edited by vrybad; 12-12-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Alex, man...that's pretty sharp!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Beautiful job . The attention which you have given to each detail gives each one of your cars a unique touch. Too bad you are 3000 miles from me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks 2009 997TT EVT700 Project