997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Configuring the 09 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:02 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Since you left off a few things the first time and changed a few things, maybe you should list all of your specs again jsut to make sure we are on the same page.
Attaching .doc file

Attached Files
File Type: doc
911 Turbo incl.doc (28.0 KB, 78 views)
Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Also do advise that in addition to the options in that file , what all I should get. Options in numerical order will be cool!

Thanks!

EDIT - What is the option code for having front lip painted to ext color?

EDIT 2 :

Following are the points that I noted in my config file for the 997 TT.
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CKaran%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoh tml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Additional :

24903 – Door handle stitching
24905 – Side panel
09991 – Exclusive – check what it is
<o></o>
CUV – Turbo on arm rest
<o></o>
Design II gear type? Show link from rennteam website
CDZ ?
XTV
CUR
Can we add GT3 rims?
Red stitching on thicker steering
Red Turbo logo
DAA
CVT

Seems just about right , right guys? I am also sticking to the CF trim that I chose as I really like the look of the CF gear and hand brake.

Last edited by ecks; 02-13-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:17 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Not to be disrespectful, but I was thinking you might be the one to sort and post your updated specs all in one place since you are the one asking people here to help you. You want to make it easy for lots of eyes to look over your specs and give you feedback. Right now it is a little bit difficult to figure out exactly what you are ordering.

You will have to paint the Turbo logo red yourself or buy it from Eric@BumperPlugs. XPA with 09991 will include the stitching. The GT3 wheels are not an option (at least in the US) - order the GT3-RS wheels for a proper fit. Make sure you know what you are getting with the carbon fiber shift ****/hand brake and the stitching - that is a really tricky one. Painted lowers requires:
XAJ Side Skirts in Exterior Color
CNE Spoiler Lip Painted
CNG Lower Rear Apron Painted

Last edited by sparkhill; 02-13-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Not to be disrespectful, but I was thinking you might be the one to sort and post your updated specs all in one place since you are the one asking people here to help you. You want to make it easy for lots of eyes to look over your specs and give you feedback. Right now it is a little bit difficult to figure out exactly what you are ordering.

You will have to paint the Turbo logo red yourself or buy it from Eric@BumperPlugs. XPA with 09991 will include the stitching. The GT3 wheels are not an option (at least in the US) - order the GT3-RS wheels for a proper fit. Make sure you know what you are getting with the carbon fiber shift ****/hand brake and the stitching - that is a really tricky one. Painted lowers requires:
XAJ Side Skirts in Exterior Color
CNE Spoiler Lip Painted
CNG Lower Rear Apron Painted
Okay , my bad. I will sort out what all additions are to made and will post updated specs. Regarding the CF trim , I guess then I'll go with over all stitching and leave out gear shifter / hand brake trim. Will confirm from dealer what all can be done in that regard and get back here.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:48 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
This LINK the is best guide to ordering deviated stitching, period. The Groom posted it before RennTeam became almost unusable. I have copied the text and included it here adding a couple of minor details.

Ordering deviated stitching is an arcane process with Porsche. You have nine options to order:
  1. 24891: seats
  2. 24901: dashboard top
  3. 24902: door top panel
  4. 24903: door handle
  5. 24904: PCM side panels
  6. 24905: rear side panels
  7. 09991: all Exclusive options
  8. one Exclusive shifter/handbrake package
  9. one Exclusive steering wheel.
Shifter/handbrake package must be one of the following:
on a manual:
  1. DAW (same as DAD shifter + CDZ)
  2. DAT (same but in Alcantara)
  3. DAX (same as EGA shifter + CDZ)
on a Tip:
  1. DAV (same as DAW)
  2. DAU (same as DAT)
Don't forget to add CDZ to DAT and CFA to DAU as those nice-looking options and are not included in the Alcantara shifters (but they definitely are in DAV/DAW/DAX).

Exclusive steering wheels:
  1. XPA: thicker sports steering wheel
  2. CFA: thicker rim for "triangular" steering wheel or multifunction steering wheel
  3. CLA: thicker rim in Alcantara for any steering wheel (sports, triangular or
  4. MF, but not the CF or wood steering wheel)
  5. XPV: Aluminum-look MF steering wheel.

Regarding carbon fiber (or wood for that matter) options:
The carbon fiber package (803) is not an Exclusive options and is not covered by any stitching option. If you order 803, you get mismatched stitching. To avoid that, don't order 803. Order DAT/DAU/DAV/DAW/DAX to get the shifter boot right. Order the missing CF dashboard trim strip from your dealer and let him install it when the car arrives.
Similarly, the CF MF steering wheel is not available with deviated stitching. You have to go aftermarket if you want CF inserts and deviated stitching.

Exception: carbon fiber on the GT2 and GT3:

AFAIK the carbon package is actually an Exclusive option on the GT models (EZA), so it is covered by 09991!However, you must order XPA to get deviated stitching on the steering wheel. (unless there is a hidden option to get deviated stitching on the stock Alcantara wheel that I have not heard about).

Old 02-14-2009, 09:21 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Rockers

750.00 for rockers painted is a rip ( DAJ )

I would purchase another rear lower and purchase a front lip with set of GT2 rockers and have them all painted now , and then put a 3m film and wait for the car and change them out when the TT arrives and save some money an still have a extra set lowers.

Rockers GT2 650.00 set
Lip Front 155.00
Rear Lower 255.00
Paint 300.00
3M film 400.00

Get the rear logo in taillight red, from eric ( like mine )

Maybe the seatbelt c pillars in ext color

Seatbacks painted or leather, nice stitching with leather

RS Spyder wheel with centerlocks is a 3750.00 option, very light wheel and you will be the first !

Been there done that !

Last edited by GEE-BEE; 02-14-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: add
Old 02-14-2009, 09:57 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Is red brake caliper an option for the PCCB brake? I don't think so unless something has changed?

Please make sure the salesman does not assume, wrongly, that by this note you want to switch out of the PCCB brake. That would be a huge mistake!

I agree that the yellow brake would clash with the red stitching. I think the option would be a. to switch to yellow stitching and belt (IMO a much more beautiful combination with black leather than the red stitching would -- but this is just a matter of personal preference), or b. have the caliper painted red after taking delivery.

BTW, the Lambo is one of the best car I've ever driven. Congrats.

Originally Posted by ecks
My email to the sales guy after your response.

Please also add :

Red brake calipers

Last edited by cannga; 02-14-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:53 AM
This LINK the is best guide to ordering deviated stitching, period. The Groom posted it before RennTeam became almost unusable. I have copied the text and included it here adding a couple of minor details.

Ordering deviated stitching is an arcane process with Porsche. You have nine options to order:
  7. 09991: all Exclusive options
  8. one Exclusive shifter/handbrake package
  9. one Exclusive steering wheel.
Shifter/handbrake package must be one of the following:
on a manual:
  1. DAW (same as DAD shifter + CDZ)
  2. DAT (same but in Alcantara)
  3. DAX (same as EGA shifter + CDZ)
on a Tip:
  1. DAV (same as DAW)
  2. DAU (same as DAT)
Don't forget to add CDZ to DAT and CFA to DAU as those nice-looking options and are not included in the Alcantara shifters (but they definitely are in DAV/DAW/DAX).

Exclusive steering wheels:
  1. XPA: thicker sports steering wheel
  2. CFA: thicker rim for "triangular" steering wheel or multifunction steering wheel
  3. CLA: thicker rim in Alcantara for any steering wheel (sports, triangular or
  4. MF, but not the CF or wood steering wheel)
  5. XPV: Aluminum-look MF steering wheel.

Regarding carbon fiber (or wood for that matter) options:
The carbon fiber package (803) is not an Exclusive options and is not covered by any stitching option. If you order 803, you get mismatched stitching. To avoid that, don't order 803. Order DAT/DAU/DAV/DAW/DAX to get the shifter boot right. Order the missing CF dashboard trim strip from your dealer and let him install it when the car arrives.
Similarly, the CF MF steering wheel is not available with deviated stitching. You have to go aftermarket if you want CF inserts and deviated stitching.

Exception: carbon fiber on the GT2 and GT3:

AFAIK the carbon package is actually an Exclusive option on the GT models (EZA), so it is covered by 09991!However, you must order XPA to get deviated stitching on the steering wheel. (unless there is a hidden option to get deviated stitching on the stock Alcantara wheel that I have not heard about).
If I go for deviated stitching all over and leave out gear ****/e brake (by adding the CF trim to these) , will it not look good?

Edit :

I checked the pictures (which I am attaching now) on Rennteam. Will choose between the two . I guess if I go for the 2nd one then I will need aluminum shifter and e brake? Right? And then with the aluminum shifter / e brake I can order the stitching on the gear lever boot?

Attached Images   

Last edited by ecks; 02-14-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:34 AM
If I go for deviated stitching all over and leave out gear ****/e brake (by adding the CF trim to these) , will it not look good
I think mismatched stitching looks terrible but others are not bothered by it. My thought is either do it all or skip it completely. It is an expensive option so you need to get it right. You could always spec the aluminum shifter/brake to get the stitching and the swap it out for the carbon fiber ****/brake once the car arrives.

One more thing to consider: be careful that you don't get too much going on in the interior of the car. Think about whether the leather, the stitching, the aluminum, the carbon fiber, and painted seat backs all work together to compliment one another or they just add clutter. That is obviously something that only you can answer for yourself.

Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
750.00 for rockers painted is a rip ( DAJ )
I agree completely, and I would have done essentially what you suggested (skipping the GT2 rockers which I don't love on the TT) had I thought about it before my order was pulled for production.

Your point opens up a whole new question though. Which options do you order and which options do you install later yourself for less money? Certainly red tail lights, painted lowers, possibly a TechArt steering wheel and the aluminum footrest can be installed for less money after the car arrives. All of these items are readily available in the US and Europe but might be harder to find in India and/or may cost quite a bit to have shipped. Some people don't want the hassle either.

Originally Posted by cannga
Is red brake caliper an option for the PCCB brake?
Cannaga is correct. You can't get the PCCB's with red calipers. Yellow - PCCB, red = steel but you can paint them after the car arrives. I was a bit confused about the final specs and that is why I asked for an updated list.

Finally, make sure your dealer gives you a copy of the Order Guide for your country. Here is the US version:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...re-you-go.html

Last edited by sparkhill; 02-14-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:44 AM
In addition to my prev invoice , this is what I am adding :

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CKaran%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoh tml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Additional :
<o></o>
24903 – Door handle stitching
24905 – Side panel
09991 – Exclusive – what is this?
<o></o>
CUV – Turbo on arm rest
<o></o>
CJX
CEF
CEE
XXZ
XMZ
CDT
CDV
CDZ
CNB
CPU
CUJ
CUV
CVT
CVW
CVZ
DAA
DAB
DAC
CZD
XTV
EAA
CXD
CNE
CNG
09991 – what is this
What are exclusive options?
Also I want to see pictures of RS Spyder wheel with centerlocks

Subtracting rear wiper / carbon center console. Yes , getting PCCB so not bothering much about red calipers.

EDIT - I may just leave deviated stitching all together and go for all out carbon packages. Will decide.

Edit 2 :

After much deliberation I have decided to stick with the deviated stitching and follow Spark Hills config. Also leaving out painted seat backs. I will be showing interior shots of spark hills car to my dealer and ask him to get me the exact same combo. I also saved Spark Hills configuration specs and will take more details from it. Can some one here post pictures of different type of gear levers available? I am confused on the specific look of the gear **** and I believe that a few designs are available. Please help .

Last edited by ecks; 02-15-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:16 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
09991 is an option that adds the colored stitching to all leather options that are not covered under the specific options :
If you order the following:
XZD Leather Dome Lamp Cover
XMP Leather Sunvisors Lighted
XZD Leather Covered Steering Column
and do not order 09991, they will NOT have the colored stitching. These are only a few examples as there are a lot of other examples of leather options that, if you order, will not have stitching without 09991. Again, if you DO NOT order 09991, these pieces and the few others you listed WILL NOT have stitching. Exclusive leather options that have stitching that will not have colored stitching without 09991 start with "X" I know I am repeating myself, but I have seen so many cars where this was not done correctly.

Dome Lamp & Visors

Steering Column
Also an example of what sparkhill was talking about as far as getting the shifter & handbrake with stitching, (DAW option) that includes CDZ & then I added the carbon trim strip fron the dealer since DAW and 803 (Carbon package) are not compatible. Also is the XPA steering wheel that will get you stitching on the wheel when combined with 09991. As Sparkhill said, this is not the only wheel that will give you stitching.

If you want carbon on the steering wheel AND stitching then you must go aftermarket.

Picture of may TechArt wheel with carbon & stitching that I added later.

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 462px; height: 28px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 14pt;" width="18"> <col style="width: 302pt;" width="403"> <tbody> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl22" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">

</td> <td class="xl22">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl22" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
</td> <td class="xl22">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>Another thing to consider is whether to do the rear console in leather or carbon. This was my one of my hardest decisions. If not doing the colored stitching I would have used carbon but with the stitching, I finally decided to go with leather as it seemed to "pop" more. The stitching really sets it off.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 02-15-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:20 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
ecks, you have a PM.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:53 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Can some one here post pictures of different type of gear levers available? I am confused on the specific look of the gear **** and I believe that a few designs are available. Please help .

I received the following email from Porsche Exclusive Division in July of 2007 so may have changed explaining the various Aluminum/Leather Shifter/Handbrake options. DAD, DAW, ECA, & DAX and how they work with deviating stitching. Very interesting as it explains that just getting 09991 with the option isn't enough to get the deviating stitching.

Dear Mr. Frixxxxxxx,

We have two types of shifter and handbrakes in leather / aluminimum:
Options ECA and DAD
To get deviating stitching on the ECA type shifter / handbrake, please order option DAX.
To get deviating stitching on the DAD type shifter / handbrake, please order option DAW.
When ordering DAX or DAW, the deviating stitching has to be specified in comment text, not Z 09991.
Attached is a sheet for clarification.

Sorry, the dashboard trim strip is not available as a single option; it is only available as part of the Carbon package (803).

Best regards
Jochen Biemann

Jochen Biemann
Business Development Management
Exclusive & Tequipment
Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Porschestrasse 15-19
D-71634 Ludwigsburg

Even though he sent me the following DAX is not available in the U.S.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I received the following email from Porsche Exclusive Division in July of 2007 so may have changed explaining the various Aluminum/Leather Shifter/Handbrake options. DAD, DAW, ECA, & DAX and how they work with deviating stitching. Very interesting as it explains that just getting 09991 with the option isn't enough to get the deviating stitching.

Dear Mr. Frixxxxxxx,

We have two types of shifter and handbrakes in leather / aluminimum:
Options ECA and DAD
To get deviating stitching on the ECA type shifter / handbrake, please order option DAX.
To get deviating stitching on the DAD type shifter / handbrake, please order option DAW.
When ordering DAX or DAW, the deviating stitching has to be specified in comment text, not Z 09991.
Attached is a sheet for clarification.

Sorry, the dashboard trim strip is not available as a single option; it is only available as part of the Carbon package (803).

Best regards
Jochen Biemann

Jochen Biemann
Business Development Management
Exclusive & Tequipment
Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Porschestrasse 15-19
D-71634 Ludwigsburg

Even though he sent me the following DAX is not available in the U.S.
You have made life much easier for me sir! Btw , what is that dark "thing" on the DAW shifter? Is that CF ?

Old 02-15-2009, 08:33 AM
You have made life much easier for me sir! Btw , what is that dark "thing" on the DAW shifter? Is that CF ?
Not sure what you mean but definitley NOT carbon fiber. Both Sparkhill & I have DAW in our cars and from our pictures you can see there is no CF - only aluminum & leather.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Configuring the 09 997TT