997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Terrible Accident Police Looking For Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tejoe
The owner was likely i.d.ed within seconds of finding the car. The driver is the issue.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Cosmonaut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911dev
The owner was likely i.d.ed within seconds of finding the car. The driver is the issue.
I don't understand how they could convict the owner of being the driver, so what if they get his dna/ finger prints - it's his car all that stuff would be there in any case, unless the car was actually stolen which is highly unlikely. I guess they would be looking for some foreign dna, but that also could have easily been in the car by having Ryan M. Levin's friends in the passengers seat.
Somehow I feel unless they have a video with his face behind the wheel it will be pretty much impossible to get him behind bars.\

edit:
Look what I found on another forum
http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/b...Type=TRA&ctl00
haha the driver must be a really big fish, took a while to release the name, and still no photo - cough corruption cough

Last edited by Cosmonaut; 02-18-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Illinoisan denies link to fatal Fla. crash

<ABBR class=published title=2009-02-18T23:05:00-06:00>February 18, 2009 11:05 PM</ABBR> | No Comments

FT. LAUDERDALE -- A Porsche apparently involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident that made headlines in Florida and England belongs to the son of a wealthy Chicago-area family, authorities said today.

Police said the sports car, which they believed mowed down two British tourists as it raced along State Road A1A on Feb. 13, belonged to Ryan LeVin, a Hoffman Estates man who is heir to the Jewels by Park Lane fortune. LeVin, 34, said he was not behind the wheel that night.
"I was not driving," Ryan LeVin told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

He declined to comment further, referring all questions to attorney Keith Seltzer. Seltzer said he had no comment, declining to say even if he's representing LeVin.

Ft. Lauderdale police have not named LeVin or anyone else as a suspect in the hit-and-run accident that killed Craig Elford, 39, and Kenneth Watkinson, 48, as the visiting Britons walked back to their Ft. Lauderdale beachfront hotel.

Witnesses called 911 minutes before the two businessmen were struck to report that a Porsche appeared to be racing another light-colored sports car along Seabreeze Boulevard.

The Porsche jumped the curb, cutting the men down from behind, within 50 yards of the Courtyard by Marriott hotel, police said.

LeVin's damaged Porsche 911 Turbo was found abandoned less than an hour later on the northbound ramp of Interstate Highway 595 to Interstate 95.

Police remained mum about the identity of the Porsche's owner in the days after the crash but issued a news release Wednesday saying the car was registered to LeVin.

Cook County court records show that LeVin was sentenced to 30 months' probation in November 2007 after leading Chicago police on a high-speed pursuit in a blue 2001 Porsche Targa. Police estimated he reached speeds of 100 m.p.h. during the July 31, 2006, chase, and he struck several vehicles and injured a police officer and two motorists, according to police reports.

After the Chicago chase, police found cocaine in LeVin's car, according to court records. He initially was charged with seven felonies and ultimately pleaded guilty to one of them: aggravated fleeing.

The plea deal required LeVin to enter a substance-abuse treatment program, court documents show.

As part of his probation, he was allowed to travel to Florida to care for his parents' properties, according to court records.

Court documents from Illinois showed that as of 2007, LeVin was vice president for national sales for a company his parents founded, Jewels by Park Lane. The business is described on its Web site as "the world's leading direct sales jewelry party plan company."

Michael Norris, the Schaumburg attorney who handled LeVin's case in Illinois, declined to comment.

--Jon Burstein, Sofia Santana, Juan Ortega and Stacy St. Clair

Old 02-19-2009, 06:37 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I hate to assume anything but with a history of reckless driving this character smells pretty guilty.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Sounds like they found their guy.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Very sad.

One must even look harder at where to wind up you high performance car.
And maybe even more importantly, WHEN.

MK

Old 02-19-2009, 08:44 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Interesting; wonder if Levin even had a license. In Florida, if you run a Sun Pass or red light camera the registered owner is "presumed" guilty unless he can show he was not the driver AND provides the actual driver's name, such as his kid. You can bet money that Levin's old man will enrich a couple more lawyers. Even though I'm a speed demon I hope they crucify the turd if he was responsible.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:20 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
What a coward this kid is.

He hits someone and runs.

He will get his.

Hope 997 TT s dont get hammered by this sensless act.

I am sickened when I read something like this. Someone should hang for this deed.

Cabman

Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !

mugshot of the owner and suspected driver

Old 02-19-2009, 10:58 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Looks like he got roughed up a bit already.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:00 AM

Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Unfortunately, he will have the best lawyers money can buy and justice will not be served.

If that kid wasnt from wealth there would be some serious jail time.

I will follow this one to the end and bet this will be like the Hogan case where the kid walks free after little jail time.

Cabman

Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
RichardRoma is an unknown quantity at this point
Its interesting to see so many angry over this tragedy, but it will soon become a distant memory. I'm sure in a few weeks someone will again post up some video of a high speed "run" in "Mexico" lol

Old 02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
JbbnTrejo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RichardRoma
Its interesting to see so many angry over this tragedy, but it will soon become a distant memory. I'm sure in a few weeks someone will again post up some video of a high speed "run" in "Mexico" lol
Sad but True

Old 02-19-2009, 11:55 AM
superagent0022 is on a distinguished road
i hate to jump to any kind of conclusions, but with a track record like this guy has,all signs point to him being the driver. so sad for the innocent who lost there lives for no reason.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Terrible Accident Police Looking For Help