997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Rennline pedals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 10:35 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
[cough][/cough]
Ha. I just figured it out. Reps to you!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Ha. I just figured it out. Reps to you!
Ta very much! Happy Xmas...

Old 01-01-2010, 06:39 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Holy Jeebus. That was kind of a pain. But I finally got my Rennline pedals installed. Dead pedal was the easiest, followed by the accelerator. Few points:

1) By Alex's original post, I was preparing for the brake to be the most difficult. As far as drilling, it required the most drilling effort seeing as it is the only metal pedal of the 4. But the 'stalk' on the clutch is the thickest and if the drill holes aren't placed high enough, the bolts won't fit (same problem Alex had with the brake pedal).

2) bbywu mentioned somewhere?? that painters tape is a must. Absolutely. Impossible to see where to drill unless you use tape and a Sharpie to mark beforehand.

3) I was not talented or can contort enough to do this by myself. So I had to enlist my wife (thanks, Hon!) to help me align the pedals and fasten the screws while I held the nylon nuts on the back.

Now just have to install the metal floorplates on the driver and passenger side and I'll be done (wifey rang the dinner bell and I ran out of light).
Anyone do these? Instructions say I have to drill a hole into the chassis for the driver's side. Not so excited about that. Anyone know if there's something 'important' behind the top left screw?

No impressions about ease of heel-toe as aside from pulling back into the garage, I haven't driven it yet. Pics and impressions tomorrow. Thanks again, Alex for the most excellent post!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Pedals and floorplates

Got around to installing the floorplates and drove the car a bit today. More contorting and sore knees, but it's done

Pedals without the floorplate
Name:  DSC03171.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  51.3 KB

With floorplate. Ended up not drilling into the chassis for the top left hole. Made me too nervous. Just used a strip of velcro along the top edge and voila!

Name:  DSC03174.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  DSC03175.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  46.7 KB

Name:  DSC03176.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  71.4 KB

Passenger side

Name:  DSC03180.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  60.7 KB

Driving impressions. Just wow. I thought it would make heel-toe a bit easier (which it most definitely does) and that's about it. Mostly 'bling' for the interior. But I don't know what or why, but clutch feel is infinitely improved! My desire to do the GT2 clutch slave cylinder conversion was based on the fact that the pedal had NO feel/feedback. Maybe it's the removal of those rubber covers and replacing it with metal. No idea, but I like it!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:55 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Looks great! Well done!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
you bought it witout rubber bone? have u felt the rubber ones? whats ur impression. looks great . cant wait to order mine

Old 01-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by gt2urbo
you bought it witout rubber bone? have u felt the rubber ones? whats ur impression. looks great . cant wait to order mine
No, they have the rubber nubs. Guess you can't see them well in the pics. Impressions in my post above

Old 01-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
yes sorry im half blind without glasses

Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
looks good & see you went with the passenger side too ,def evens out the look while your in the drivers seat IMHO

Old 01-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by twturbo
looks good & see you went with the passenger side too ,def evens out the look while your in the drivers seat IMHO
Yup. Didn't even think about it until you mentioned it to me in a PM a while back. Thanks!

Old 01-02-2010, 08:10 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
great job Alex and thanks for sharing. Did mine back in April and yes, the brake pedal was the most difficult to install.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Thanks for the excellent write-up. I wasn't planning to do this job myself but after seeing your guide I think (just maybe) I can do THIS!

Cheers.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:00 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
I hope someone can teach an old dog some new tricks and tell me how you get graphics and video inserted in message here.

Thanks.

Last edited by ruf_turbo; 01-03-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:01 AM
trice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enough
i love the pedals, nice work, but think the floor plate is too much - an example of less is more (obviously just my opinion).

Old 01-03-2010, 09:47 PM
JCNPB is on a distinguished road
My 997TT has PCCB. As a result of this thread, I recently installed the Rennline throttle lifter plate, throttle extensions for heel and toe, and gas pedal. This modification is a must with PCCB due to the high brake pedal placement relative to the gas pedal. Amazing results! As far as I'm concerned, replacing the other pedals is optional but the gas pedal is a must. This makes the short shifter even more fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Rennline pedals