997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Boost Recirculation Valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Brian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really nice
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Conceptually (to a non-technical car person), it sounds obvious to me.

Agreed...anyone with data, please share. Anyone else with pre- and post-BRV anecdotes, please also share.
Hi Guys,

To start off, I have no hard data in terms of dyno numbers or data logging. What I am going to talk about is driver feel which is the important thing. We have several 997TT clients that give us open check book opportunities to build them the car of their dreams... 9 out of 10 times, it starts off with a clear bra and some stereo modifications with the client saying do what you guys want to do right now and lay out something for the future in terms of all aspects about the vehicle, from A/V, interior work and finish off with go fast goodies.

When someone like this walk into our shop, we take care of what they want and also inform them we would like to do some small performance mods that don't increase the power output. We tell them we want to improve the breathing capabilites of the car and most of them don't care about cost or what the part does physically, they want to know more about what it is going to do for the "ride". Our clients trust that we are going to do what is right for them now and down the road. So while we are doing non-performance work, I install a set of EVOMS valves since they don't cost a lot and not much labor for install. Once the client picks up the car and ask me what I did to it, i tell them, take the car for a spin, come back and tell me what you think... The response I get most of the time is "what did you do that made the throttle more responsive?" My answer to that is we changed out your BRV's. The next question i usually get is "what is a BRV?" It is at that point I go into education mode and explain exactly what it does and why I did it... Most of these guys are not running software yet and the improvement is noticed in the seat of the pants feel etc...

Now obviously what the client thinks of the mod is most important and if you ask me what I think, I am going to tell you it is a low $$ mod that has a great impact on the vehicle no matter what level of performance you plan on taking her to when it comes to the throttle response especially in between gears.

As far as install goes, very easy, the only painfull part, if there is any pain associated with this install would be you have to remove the left rear wheel and wheel well liner to access that part of the turbo. The passenger side is easily accessible. If you are on the fence about this mod, let me push you over by offering the POG / 6speeder friends and family discount with FREE shipping. I have the EVOMs in stock ready to ship and mention this thread if you are interested in picking up a set so I can take care of the shipping for you guys.

If anyone has any questions about this or any other 997 Turbo question, feel free to contact me any way you want, I am here to answer all of your questions to the best of my ability.

Happy Motoring!!

Brian

Old 05-14-2009, 03:15 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^very nice feeback...rep to you!

Old 05-14-2009, 08:07 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Brian@Performance Outfitters
Hi Guys,

To start off, I have no hard data in terms of dyno numbers or data logging. What I am going to talk about is driver feel which is the important thing. We have several 997TT clients that give us open check book opportunities to build them the car of their dreams... 9 out of 10 times, it starts off with a clear bra and some stereo modifications with the client saying do what you guys want to do right now and lay out something for the future in terms of all aspects about the vehicle, from A/V, interior work and finish off with go fast goodies.

When someone like this walk into our shop, we take care of what they want and also inform them we would like to do some small performance mods that don't increase the power output. We tell them we want to improve the breathing capabilites of the car and most of them don't care about cost or what the part does physically, they want to know more about what it is going to do for the "ride". Our clients trust that we are going to do what is right for them now and down the road. So while we are doing non-performance work, I install a set of EVOMS valves since they don't cost a lot and not much labor for install. Once the client picks up the car and ask me what I did to it, i tell them, take the car for a spin, come back and tell me what you think... The response I get most of the time is "what did you do that made the throttle more responsive?" My answer to that is we changed out your BRV's. The next question i usually get is "what is a BRV?" It is at that point I go into education mode and explain exactly what it does and why I did it... Most of these guys are not running software yet and the improvement is noticed in the seat of the pants feel etc...

Now obviously what the client thinks of the mod is most important and if you ask me what I think, I am going to tell you it is a low $$ mod that has a great impact on the vehicle no matter what level of performance you plan on taking her to when it comes to the throttle response especially in between gears.

As far as install goes, very easy, the only painfull part, if there is any pain associated with this install would be you have to remove the left rear wheel and wheel well liner to access that part of the turbo. The passenger side is easily accessible. If you are on the fence about this mod, let me push you over by offering the POG / 6speeder friends and family discount with FREE shipping. I have the EVOMs in stock ready to ship and mention this thread if you are interested in picking up a set so I can take care of the shipping for you guys.

If anyone has any questions about this or any other 997 Turbo question, feel free to contact me any way you want, I am here to answer all of your questions to the best of my ability.

Happy Motoring!!

Brian
hi brain
interested in the BRVs please PM a price quote. how many labors hrs will dealer charge to install? TIA

Old 05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Brian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really nice
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
hi brain
interested in the BRVs please PM a price quote. how many labors hrs will dealer charge to install? TIA
PM Sent with #'s. As far as the install goes, I wanted to post the info for all. We charge for about 1-1.25 hours. Passenger side is easy, the driver side requires majority of the time to access the valve by way of removing the wheel and wheel liner.

Brian

Old 05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Hi Brian, do you have any experience with the IC silicone hoses. The stock ones it feels pretty soft. Does it really inflate in overboost?

Old 05-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tiago
Hi Brian, do you have any experience with the IC silicone hoses. The stock ones it feels pretty soft. Does it really inflate in overboost?
They are pretty soft and when they expand, even a little, that pressure could be going into the motor. If you are doing larger turbos and IC's, i would definitely do it. Are you running software yet? Also, I sent you a PM on the valves.

Brian

Old 05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Tiago
I need you to PM me your shipping Zip, thanks.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:12 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Brian@Performance Outfitters
They are pretty soft and when they expand, even a little, that pressure could be going into the motor. If you are doing larger turbos and IC's, i would definitely do it. Are you running software yet? Also, I sent you a PM on the valves.

Brian
hey brian,
which I/C and silicone hose do you use? if you just do larger I/C and the car has retuned ecu, would you use silicone hose just to err on the side of caution? TIA

Old 05-28-2009, 05:49 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some crappy mobile pics of the Protomotive BRVs, i could not upload good quality pics. I think you get the idea

Attached Images   
Old 07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
fastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud of
Does anyone have more recent feedback regarding if new BVR valves REALLY make a difference? I have a 2007 997TT. Im getting a new exhaust and flash. Since its so cheap, im thinking about doing this also.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:44 AM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, so with mid/high boost (1.3Bar) and my modded VTGs Brv's are needed.
Evom's seem good but 3 mp's and no answer...
Who else send them?

Old 02-19-2011, 03:00 AM
GT-TT will become famous soon enoughGT-TT will become famous soon enough
Some practical experiences. Have tried the forge metal ones and always seems to return to stock afterwards.. The stock ones work better and smoother and with no extra noise. But they tend to leak after a few ,000 kms. The metal ones are harsh, they dont work very well on part throttle (tried the soft and hard springs) and make noise. Did not like them both times i tried them (while waiting for stock replacements). They also tend to have a small spike in boost as you let off the valves. I run 1.6 bar boost on vtgs with 700+hp.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:48 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT-TT
Some practical experiences. Have tried the forge metal ones and always seems to return to stock afterwards.. The stock ones work better and smoother and with no extra noise. But they tend to leak after a few ,000 kms. The metal ones are harsh, they dont work very well on part throttle (tried the soft and hard springs) and make noise. Did not like them both times i tried them (while waiting for stock replacements). They also tend to have a small spike in boost as you let off the valves. I run 1.6 bar boost on vtgs with 700+hp.
I use them two years now and they work perfect

are you sure you're running 1,6b?

Old 02-19-2011, 04:12 AM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, Ok guys,

So, are the GT2RS ones same as TTs? (1.6Bar bone stock)
I'm going to check the PET...

Old 02-19-2011, 04:17 AM
GT-TT will become famous soon enoughGT-TT will become famous soon enough
Yes could even a bit more as durametric shows 1.55 constant from 3.6 to 7.8k.
This is the limit of ecu. I have cams, ported heads, rods, big VTGs

Last edited by GT-TT; 02-19-2011 at 12:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boost Recirculation Valve