997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tubi "Street" or Tubi "Race"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I have had the luxury of having the race and the street here at the shop and they both fit well and built well. I'm not sure about this but I thought Florida was like South Carolina in that neither have emission testing. I could be wrong though. If you do talk to your dealer or inspection station first and ask them if they visually check for cats. If they don't and you don't mind a louder exhaust get the race. There is much drone as it is just a louder volume level. This was in a coupe as well not a cab. I highly suggest software when you do the exhaust and run a BMC filter if you haven't done so already with the software. We suggest APR because your able to load all your programs onto the ECU and switch between them with just your cruise control switch but we offer GIAC as well. They are a reputable company.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
I have had the luxury of having the race and the street here at the shop and they both fit well and built well. I'm not sure about this but I thought Florida was like South Carolina in that neither have emission testing. I could be wrong though.
That's correct. Florida is one of the few states that has no annual inspection process or emissions testing. It's great.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 AM
shg_Gt500 is on a distinguished road
Make sure you can live with the resonance inside the car. The race version could become a pain over time.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
We just finished another Tubi Race install today and once again I'm blown away by how awesome this system sounds!

Old 07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor
Wilson@Champion is a jewel in the roughWilson@Champion is a jewel in the roughWilson@Champion is a jewel in the roughWilson@Champion is a jewel in the rough

If you click on the link below, it will take you to our website, which has a nice 360 degree view of the RACE exhaust.

http://www.tubistylena.com/p/Porsche/997T/002.html

**Once loaded, just roll your mouse over the image for the 360 degree view. You can also pause the view by clicking on it, and bring up a larger version of that view by clicking the far right thumbnail.

Don't forget about the NEW Tubi Style Manifolds for the 997 Turbo.

Tubi Style North America
A Division of Champion Motorsport

3101 Center Port Circle
Pompano Beach, FL 33064

800.775.2456 / 954.946.2136

sales@tubistyleNA.com

Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
I see red x

Old 07-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Just got my Tubi "race" installed. Um..Yea! It's loud! I had to drive 300miles back home with a newly installed Tubi & EVO Stage II. What a blast. Turned heads when I was overtaking other cars. A Audi S5 & a '08 Z06 spotted me out and demanded me run them. I walked them! Just the raw sound makes you wanna just......Go faster & faster.

Cruising @80mph(2800RPMS) noise wasnt too loud, you could notice more rumble but no real bad drone.

At WOT it's a totally different animal!!! It sounds & Drives like a Race Car. Words cant describe having 600HP on tap.

Thanks to Justin at RennSport-One! Great service! Was in & out quickly. Very good work!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:18 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porsche997TT
Just got my Tubi "race" installed. Um..Yea! It's loud! I had to drive 300miles back home with a newly installed Tubi & EVO Stage II. What a blast. Turned heads when I was overtaking other cars. A Audi S5 & a '08 Z06 spotted me out and demanded me run them. I walked them! Just the raw sound makes you wanna just......Go faster & faster.

Cruising @80mph(2800RPMS) noise wasnt too loud, you could notice more rumble but no real bad drone.

At WOT it's a totally different animal!!! It sounds & Drives like a Race Car. Words cant describe having 600HP on tap.

Thanks to Justin at RennSport-One! Great service! Was in & out quickly. Very good work!
Well done that's the exhaust of choice! Should pull really hard with the software on there too

Old 07-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Besim,
Im glad you like the Tubi "Race" system. It's probably the finest exhaust available for the 997TT. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Please post up numbers once you hit the track. Gotta love that EVOMSit 600 kit

Old 07-29-2009, 10:43 PM
iceefreshco is on a distinguished road
i want one......

Old 07-30-2009, 01:09 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Yep -quiet when you want it to be , loud when you need it to be, and ferocious no matter what the mood.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some pics for those contemplating any exhaust. This is a tubi race system and how an installation is done.

Tailights out, Unplug parktronic sensors if any and remove bumper and heat shields.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by iceefreshco
i want one......
You want them, and I love getting them for people. Talk to me.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:01 AM
A448PO is on a distinguished road
Guys, what exhaust with out cats have the biggest diametr?

Thank you

Old 07-31-2009, 02:26 AM
combo3010 is on a distinguished road
so Tubi Style North America is owned by Champion motorsports which makes both Tubi "Street" and "Race" exhaust for the 997 TT in North America?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi "Street" or Tubi "Race"