997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Out with the OLD in with EVT 700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 04:59 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2it
Do it! I should of did that with my old ride. Alex took a ride in that monster once... It would have been perfect.

Great choice on the newest mods!
Thank you!
I bet they are tasteful!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:30 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I applaud you for telling your story. All members should be encouraged to tell of both the good and bad experiences so others can learn, that's what these boards are all about. Hey, this ain't obama-on line!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:36 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I applaud you for telling your story. All members should be encouraged to tell of both the good and bad experiences so others can learn, that's what these boards are all about. Hey, this ain't obama-on line!
that's messed up!!

Thank you for the kind words Sir.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Off topic question.

I must ask now that i am trying to learn the politics side of the site even though to me it is a wonderful place to learn and jab about whatever... what are the rep points for?

Old 09-04-2009, 05:25 PM
New toys going on... Old stuff coming off...

So I got up early, Santa (Summer Santa, the one with the brown outfit) left me a huge box at the door...
Here is what I got:

Attached Images     
Old 09-04-2009, 05:28 PM
And...

We can't ignore the hoes feelings now can we?

Attached Images  
Old 09-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Installation is still going...

We ran into some small issues due to missing bolts and screws from the old installation job. I also wanted to keep the heavy duty clamps (T-Bolt) so i needed a size that no one had in town, i ordered some for Saturday, I should be able to pick them up, thanks to Protech, a local vendor in Austin that deals with imports and a family member...
We got some stuff nocked out, we have to get creative with fitting the new IC's from EVOMS as the plastic on the ducts were completely cut off so I may have to order new ones or find a way to attach what I got.

Here are some pictures of the progress.

Attached Images      
Old 09-04-2009, 05:36 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Those goods she be bolted by now. What are you waiting for?

Old 09-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by N2it
Those goods she be bolted by now. What are you waiting for?
Clamps, EVO sent me some that are good but I want the heavy duty ones so I feel better I have some good clamps that will fit everything but the IC's side because these are larger in diameter so i needed slightly bigger ones for them but this is not part of the hold up. We had to order a bunch of little bolts and stuff just to make sure we put everything back together properly.
A way to attach the new IC's to the ducts, the mechanic is going to fabricate something. I should be good to go by end of Day Tuesday though. I can't wait!!

Old 09-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Clamps came in this morning. I took them over to the dealership, shop closed but I went in and tested fitted everything, got everything set up for the mechanic for Tuesday morning so he does not have any excuses to get it done!! Now I am hoping I do not have to buy me new ducts.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Finally caught a break! New IC installed, sorry I have no pictures with them on, I am out of town and I did not want to hold my car up in the shop any longer. I should get it tomorrow when I return and will post a review of the new beast!

Old 09-10-2009, 04:08 PM
OK Folks!

Everything bolted on, checked and ready to go.
My first impression since today was the first time I really got in the car and drive it in weeks... WOW!!

The install had a lot of complications and issues due reasons I am not going to mention on here otherwise we won't hear the end of this one...

We started the car, plugged in PWIS and no code, no faults, nothing stored in the memory either.
Took the car around the block, hit it a couple of times. Went on the access road, 1st gear easy, second punch then third... less than a 1/4 mile 102 MPH
it was very quick but closer to stock feel with a lot more GO from bottom line up the RPM range.
Boost kicks in full just at 4k or under depending on when you hit it.
Sound of the BRV's is subtle and nice.
Exhaust note is a bit more pronounced.
I need to drive it more and monitor temps and such but I am quite pleased with the initial results, I was pleased the first time I got the tune before replacing any of the parts I recently did.

Big thanks to Todd at EVOMS and Alex at Sharkwercks.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:38 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome to hear your car is on the road and you're enjoying the 700 package. I think it will get better and better as you tune more into enjoying the drive and less into analyzing the response (though it's perfectly natural to do the latter).

Oh, and yeah, these mods can be a real pain in the ****. Nothing seems to go smoothly at all. But, in the end, it's all worth it. (which by the way in a shameless plug, is why purchasing a used, but properly modded turbo can save a lot of hassle and money )

Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Awesome to hear your car is on the road and you're enjoying the 700 package. I think it will get better and better as you tune more into enjoying the drive and less into analyzing the response (though it's perfectly natural to do the latter).

Oh, and yeah, these mods can be a real pain in the ****. Nothing seems to go smoothly at all. But, in the end, it's all worth it. (which by the way in a shameless plug, is why purchasing a used, but properly modded turbo can save a lot of hassle and money )
Thanks,
I do enjoy the whole process, I wish I went in a different direction from the start but I learned a lot in the mix of all this.
At this point, everything is installed very nicely and tight. All inspected and approved by the P dealer who told me that my warranty will not be affected at all with any of the current modes but of course the parts that they did not supply.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
A lot good things have been said abou this kit abut where are the actual performance numbers ???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Out with the OLD in with EVT 700