Out with the OLD in with EVT 700 - Page 5 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

997 Turbo / GT2 20062012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

Out with the OLD in with EVT 700

  #61  
Old 09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
KA 997TT's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 762
Rep Power: 68
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT RUS View Post
A lot good things have been said abou this kit abut where are the actual performance numbers ???
I will be taking the car to a local shop in Austin that has an AWD dyno machine.
I can tell you that it will be pretty damn good. Regardless of numbers, the car is stable, fast and performs like a Porsche should. I will post as soon as i get a chance to get it on the dyno.
 
  #62  
Old 09-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,426
Rep Power: 220
The Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for taking the time to post your progress and some of your trials and tribulations. Great car by the sound of it.

I'm still about 6 months away from getting a 997tt and was leaning towards the AWE650 package. However, I saw the numbers for the 580 and 600 package from EVOM and it pretty well meets my needs - really fast from zero to 125mph or so. Plus it's quite a bit cheaper. I don't plan on tracking the car so it's for daily driver duty and it's doubtful I'd get above 125mph very often. Looking to have a drivable car with the acceleration to enjoy the occasional stoplight race. If you are able to determine your 0-60 and 0-100 times please post them. I'd like to know if the numbers on the EVOM website are remotely close to what is achievable by car owners. I hope EVOM or anyone else doesn't read into this as an insult or lack of trust. It's one thing if only a race car driver can get the times posted but another thing if a reasonably skilled driver can do it.
I don't know who did your previous mods, and it seems that you don't want to mention it. If you would PM me or post it that would actually be useful info.
 
  #63  
Old 09-21-2009, 11:17 AM
KA 997TT's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 762
Rep Power: 68
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Both companies offer good packages and have great reputations. I can only share what I have tried.
To me 0 to 60 or 0 to 100 numbers are not as important as drivability and overall feel of the car what is the package is delivering.
I, believe it or not, just had my car back from the dealership after weeks of installation and other related items.
I have been driving it a little every week as time permits and have been very pleased.
I am trying to get it in to Protech and have a dyno done and will be posting some numbers. As far as 0 to 60 and 1/4, whenever i get some time i will go and post results but not high on my list.
Good luck with your findings.



Originally Posted by The Bogg View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post your progress and some of your trials and tribulations. Great car by the sound of it.

I'm still about 6 months away from getting a 997tt and was leaning towards the AWE650 package. However, I saw the numbers for the 580 and 600 package from EVOM and it pretty well meets my needs - really fast from zero to 125mph or so. Plus it's quite a bit cheaper. I don't plan on tracking the car so it's for daily driver duty and it's doubtful I'd get above 125mph very often. Looking to have a drivable car with the acceleration to enjoy the occasional stoplight race. If you are able to determine your 0-60 and 0-100 times please post them. I'd like to know if the numbers on the EVOM website are remotely close to what is achievable by car owners. I hope EVOM or anyone else doesn't read into this as an insult or lack of trust. It's one thing if only a race car driver can get the times posted but another thing if a reasonably skilled driver can do it.
I don't know who did your previous mods, and it seems that you don't want to mention it. If you would PM me or post it that would actually be useful info.
 
  #64  
Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,426
Rep Power: 220
The Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KA 997TT View Post
Both companies offer good packages and have great reputations. I can only share what I have tried.
To me 0 to 60 or 0 to 100 numbers are not as important as drivability and overall feel of the car what is the package is delivering.
I, believe it or not, just had my car back from the dealership after weeks of installation and other related items.
I have been driving it a little every week as time permits and have been very pleased.
I am trying to get it in to Protech and have a dyno done and will be posting some numbers. As far as 0 to 60 and 1/4, whenever i get some time i will go and post results but not high on my list.
Good luck with your findings.
The numbers themselves aren't terribly important to me either, I was just trying to validate EVOMS claims for acceleration for what seems like a reasonable price. But your point of drivability is dead on. I'm most interested in that too since I won't be tracking it much. Perhaps I'm wrong but I just assumed that the EVOMS would be drivable. I haven't corresponded with anyone who has the EVOMS but the people who have the AWE 650 have been raving about it from drivability, sound, and performance points of view. I'd like to spend a little less than what it costs but if it comes down to it I would buy the AWE650 if it was an overall better package. I will find out for sure before I put down my own hard-earned cash, but I am open to the opinions on this forum because there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable guys here.
 
  #65  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 AM
aks801's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Age: 57
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
aks801 is on a distinguished road
Fascinating stuff. I'm quickly realizing how little I know (zero) about these cars. The discovery process is quite thrilling, though.
 
  #66  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:28 AM
KA 997TT's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 762
Rep Power: 68
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Shhhh......

Weather is great but wet... I gave her a good bath and a full detail (Clay plus polish) I made an apt for next week for some dyno runs... will see
 
Attached Images  
  #67  
Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,426
Rep Power: 220
The Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond repute
Niiiice car cover.
 
  #68  
Old 07-29-2010, 02:33 PM
bonehead's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,204
Rep Power: 336
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Thread revival!
Seems KA has vanished from the forum before any dynos or further impressions could be posted. Trying to do my due diligence before I take the power mod plunge.
After exchanging a few emails with [email protected], he convinced me to chuck the 650 kit out the window and consider the 700 (thanks for nothing).
It's a big chunk of change, and if I do go through with it, suffice it to say I will be DONE modding the car

Any one else care to chime in with their experiences with this package?
 
  #69  
Old 07-29-2010, 02:45 PM
JT1198's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 214
Rep Power: 19
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
I believe KA sold his car and OneFastBeast on this forum ended up buying it from RAC in Texas. Maybe he could chime in.
 
  #70  
Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 PM
bonehead's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,204
Rep Power: 336
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JT1198 View Post
I believe KA sold his car and OneFastBeast on this forum ended up buying it from RAC in Texas. Maybe he could chime in.
Didn't know that. Thx for the update.
 
  #71  
Old 02-16-2016, 07:57 AM
KA 997TT's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 762
Rep Power: 68
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
Thread revival! Seems KA has vanished from the forum before any dynos or further impressions could be posted. Trying to do my due diligence before I take the power mod plunge. After exchanging a few emails with [email protected], he convinced me to chuck the 650 kit out the window and consider the 700 (thanks for nothing). It's a big chunk of change, and if I do go through with it, suffice it to say I will be DONE modding the car Any one else care to chime in with their experiences with this package?
Did you end up going with the 700 kit?
 
  #72  
Old 02-23-2016, 02:30 PM
turboslut's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 570
Rep Power: 45
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Op, which engine/tranny mounts are being used in this car?
 
  #73  
Old 02-23-2016, 02:31 PM
KA 997TT's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 762
Rep Power: 68
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboslut
Op, which engine/tranny mounts are being used in this car?
Man... That's years ago. I wish I could recall.
 
  #74  
Old 02-25-2016, 03:00 AM
yumaverick's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,862
Rep Power: 165
yumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboslut View Post
Op, which engine/tranny mounts are being used in this car?
Wevo!
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
freddiemac
Automobiles For Sale
6
10-07-2015 12:05 PM
laz74
Automobiles For Sale
2
10-02-2015 07:08 AM
ModBargains.com
996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds
0
10-01-2015 12:48 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Out with the OLD in with EVT 700


Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.