997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Got my Rotec lower rear diffuser installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 11:37 AM
otis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to behold
Can you tell me more about the rear diffuser not fitting on a milltek exhaust? I have the milltek and was going to order the rear diffuser. Why does it have a problem fitting?

Thanks for saving me a lot of time and trouble. BTW, how does the fabspeed compare sound wise to the milltek? Louder? More drone in the cabin at freeway speeds?

Thanks

Otis

Old 11-25-2009, 11:39 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
LOVE everything you've done to your car. Great taste with everything!

Old 11-26-2009, 01:33 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=otis;2630627]Can you tell me more about the rear diffuser not fitting on a milltek exhaust? I have the milltek and was going to order the rear diffuser. Why does it have a problem fitting?

Thanks for saving me a lot of time and trouble. BTW, how does the fabspeed compare sound wise to the milltek? Louder? More drone in the cabin at freeway speeds?

Thanks
If you havn't noticed the Milltek muffler cans hang down lower than any other after market exhaust & this is what makes a tight fit ,my shop had the diff installed but it was actually touching the diff all the way across both cans & pushing it out ,they said that it would definitely melt the diff & probably crack it as the exhaust is meant to have some movement with the engine.I also bought & had to sell the Werks One CF rear diff for the same reason,& the guys at Champion told me that Milltek was the only exhaust it didn't work with.As far as the Fabspeed vs Milltek i picked Milltek for it's rep as the quietest exhaust & it lived up to that rep well & the fab is definitely a step up in noise but just a little ,most noticeable at start up it kinda kackles a bit till the idle settles down after that i would say a little throatier sound maybe about 10% increase in noise,when you step on it but when cruising very little drone .

Old 11-26-2009, 11:18 PM
otis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to behold
Could the bottom of the diffuser be trimmed to make it work or is it a complete waste of time?

Otis

Old 09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Rotec diffusers look great. Anyone else with these diffusers? How difficult is the installation?

Thanks!