997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Got my Rotec lower rear diffuser installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:44 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Got my Rotec lower rear diffuser installed

Ordered this from Rotec a couple weeks ago,same shape as Techart piece i had it painted body color but had the center section left dry carbon fiber,pleased with the outcome .Shall see how it wares as i now need to watch going in & coming out of driveways ,so far so good & no scraping.This piece is pretty subtle & doesn't change any lines just adds the 3rd air vent on the intercoolers & covers the mufflers which was my goal & kinda continues the low paint line around the car after you have the side skirts painted,the best effect is from the rear ,gives it a wider more aggressive stance IMHO .If i really had some ***** i'd paint the front lip to complete the look LOL maybe next time.BTW Ray at Rotec was a pleasure to work with.

Attached Images      

Last edited by twturbo; 11-18-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:35 PM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
Looks nice Adam!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:39 AM
BlackE has a spectacular aura aboutBlackE has a spectacular aura aboutBlackE has a spectacular aura about
One good lookin' Porsche! The diffuser looks subtle yet you can tell something has been added to the rear. Nice mod!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:23 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
looks great Adam! thanks for posting the pics. I'm having mine painted as I write this. Installing it on Sat.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
That looks great. OT question: did you tint the clear portion of your taillights?

Old 11-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
looks nice

Old 11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
good diff!

Old 11-19-2009, 03:11 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
That looks great. OT question: did you tint the clear portion of your taillights?
Yes bonehead i had the white part only of the rear tailights smoked & also the clear side markers & the front turn signals all with a light tint i didn't want the blacked out look,supposedly the rears are DOT approved that way.It's some kinda paint process & not a film,some more pics .

Attached Images    
Old 11-19-2009, 03:22 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twturbo
Yes bonehead i had the white part only of the rear tailights smoked & also the clear side markers & the front turn signals all with a light tint i didn't want the blacked out look,supposedly the rears are DOT approved that way.It's some kinda paint process & not a film,some more pics .
Nice, thanks. Is that your garage??

Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Nice, thanks. Is that your garage??
It's my shop where i keep some of the toys & run the business when there is some which is not lately.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Awesome TT.....looks amazing.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Glad you like it! painted diffuser with CF center is the way to go!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
spotty is on a distinguished road
I've always hated silver, for some reason your avator in particular and now these pictures have changed my opinion.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Awesome, stunning, perfect.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:55 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Very nice...I need to get one as well...along with other nice things Rotec has )))

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my Rotec lower rear diffuser installed