997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

A big Thank You to several sponsors: Premier Films, SharkWerks, FVD, RSS, Rottec...

Old 12-26-2009, 08:07 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up A big Thank You to several sponsors: Premier Films, SharkWerks, FVD, RSS, Rottec...

After selling my 07TT several months ago I purchased the following 08TT from a fellow 6speed member and the mods begun. I already had a Cargraphic loud exhaust system and HRE’s P43 from my previous TT so those were the first to be installed.

First stop was Premier Films to get the car tinted and the roof wrapped in vinyl. I know many members aren’t too fond of vinyl wrapping the roof, but I’ve always been a fan of the M3/M6 CF roof and the panorama roof look. Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome of the wrap and give it a 9 out of 10. Would give it a 10 out of 10, but you can see some red paint at the edges where the vinyl really can’t cover everything perfectly. The guys at PF were great to deal with and also re-did the moon roof area after we noticed some imperfections when the roof lid opens. Again thanks David/team and I will be back down your way to get the hood re-clear bra shortly (originally clear bra by the original owner elsewhere).

Next stop while I was in the area was Sharkwerks where I finally got to meet the infamous Alex and Dan. We got the days mixed up, but Alex was more than happy to get me in and set up with the EVOMSit STG II system at killer price. An hour later, I was back on the road with a completely different car. It was actually scary in a good way when I got on the freeway. The boost kicks in almost instantaneously and downshifting isn’t even necessary to pass other cars (usually isn’t anyways, but now it just feels like there is so much more power readily available). Haven’t been able to run the car against any worthy competitors, but can’t imagine many cars out there remotely close to the car current capabilities. Again, thanks Alex and Dan for taking your time to answer questions after the install that really didn’t have anything to do with the software upgrade. I am not sure if I can handle or need anymore power but will definitely go through you guys if I do

Before re-installing the Cargraphic exhaust system I was contemplating something a little louder, but really didn’t want to purchase a new system w/o selling the Cargraphic system first. Don’t get me wrong, the Cargraphic Loud system sounds amazing but I think after having it for some time I just got bored and wanted something louder… A week or so after re-installing the system I ended up taking it off and selling it to another member and contacted Rhonda at FVD about their catless system.

After several PM’s and some price negotiation I placed my order and got the system 2 weeks later My car was in the body shop getting the lower valences pieces painted while waiting for the exhaust system to arrive and when I finally got it back all I can say is WOW!!! The system is amazing and LOUD!!! Coming from a M5 with Eisenmann Race exhaust system I was pleasantly surprised how loud the system was compared to that system and also how deep it sounded. I hated how the Eisenmann system was so high pitch loud, but the FVD system just rumbles at low rpms and gets soo much deeper the faster you go. Comparing the FVD to the Cargraphic system all I can say is the FVD sounds extremely more raw (imagine a hot rod rumbling) and you can definitely hear the turbos spool up for the inside and outside. The sound is more than bearable to me, but may not be to others if you are using it as a DD (it is my DD unless the weather is bad). Overall, I am completely satisfy with the FVD system and my only complaint is the tips weren’t offered in black or bigger (I had mine ceramic coated). I did notice after the install that FVD does include tubing so you can install the stock tips or whatever tips you want and their included tips are not required. A big thumbs up to Rhonda/FVD and thanks for bearing with me while I was deciding on which exhaust system to go with.

While my car was still in the body shop I took advantage of their expertise and purchased a few other items that they could install. First on the list was the Techart CF front grill in which I had clear coated (not to fond of the matte finish). Also got a set of the Rotec CF mirror covers and the finish was great along with the service. And finally, as a last minute X-Mas gift the Mrs. agreed finish off the car with a RSS CF spoiler. I’ve been eyeing this spoiler ever since VIC posted pictures of his TT, but after the “new” car purchase and all the other mods I really couldn’t spend anymore $ until she agreed to pay for it LOL. As usually, Byran @ RSS was a class act and gave me a killer deal on the spoiler. He also was nice enough to throw in another Cargraphic/RSS t-shirt and license frame

Overall I am more than delighted with the final outcome. My only change in the future will be the wheels since I have always been a deep dish type of guy and the P43’s are getting kind of boring to me.

Once again, a big THANK YOU to all the sponsors, members, and of course 6speed for assisting me on this project. Hope you guys enjoy the videos (sorry, I have no clue how to edit just the scenes I want) and the pictures. Professional pictures will be posted shortly after I get my new wheels and the front lip repaired (scraped it within 48 hours)

Last edited by C4SxM5; 12-27-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Wow my friend. Your car is absolutely stunning and that exhaust is just Hah that is one loud exhaust. Any drone? Be safe.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:28 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
That is a great personalization of an already great car.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:49 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Porsche Boy: Whats Drone? To be honest, I really don't notice "drone" while cruising, just the beautiful sound of the exhaust system and turbos

Old 12-26-2009, 10:23 PM
HRTC is on a distinguished road
Really dig the black vinyl on the roof. Great car!

Old 12-26-2009, 10:43 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Awesome, Tan. But I still like your old car better

Old 12-26-2009, 10:49 PM
i miss the black too, but dont miss cleaning it every 3 days

Old 12-26-2009, 10:52 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Every 3? It gets a wipe down everytime after it leaves the garage.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:45 AM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
pls share some pics.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by NeilM
pls share some pics.
ummm not sure what happened but more than half of my post is gone along with all the pictures and videos...

Old 12-27-2009, 01:12 AM
wow, had to go back into my previous edited post to copy and paste everything. didn't even know we had that function, so thanks again 6speed for saving me the time!

Old 12-27-2009, 02:19 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
was that vic's 997tt?

Old 12-27-2009, 02:30 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
car looks super clean and nice

Old 12-27-2009, 05:31 AM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
congrats and great job! Car looks excellent. Especially liked the 2nd video when your car set off another car's alarm right at start-up. haha! Classic! Exhaust sounds loud and mean...just the way I like it. Very glad you went to Alex for the flash. Also glad that you finally found your car.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:47 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
super lookin" TT, wow!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A big Thank You to several sponsors: Premier Films, SharkWerks, FVD, RSS, Rottec...