997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Gas filler flap won't lock ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 04:04 AM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Gas filler flap won't lock ?

I was reading the manual tonight and it mentioned that the gas filler flap locks when i lock the door. Then I went to checked mine out; it doesn't lock with the doors.

When I unlock the door, it makes a sound by the filler flap area. However when I lock the door, there's no sound at all.

Does yours lock? I am assuming that something is not working right there.

Thanks alot guys!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Zamir is on a distinguished road
Mine locks. Sounds like a faulty lock.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
yes. if you lock with the fob and see a blinking red led on the dash..and try to open the filler door...it should NOT open ......

Old 12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
you might be missing a part in there , it happened to me and is fairly annoying

Old 12-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Thanks guys! My flap certainly doesn't lock, no matter the car locked or unlocked. I will have the service guys to look at it next time when i am in for service. It's no big deal, but annoying for sure.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:56 PM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Open up your gas lid and take a look at the inside gas cap area. There is a small pin that moves left to right inside the area where the gas cap is. When the car is locked, the pin moves into position and prevents the gas lid from opening. The pin is black and looks like plastic. The pin starts on the left side of the inside opening. The pin goes into an internal bracket located on the underside of the gas lid for the lock position. In unlock position, the pins moves away from this internal bracket and the gas lid can be opened. Be aware that if the gas lid is open and then the car gets locked, the pin will move into the lock position (moves to the right) but does not engage the bracket because the gas lid is open. If you then close the gas lid, it is possible to come down on this plastic pin and snap it off. I figured this out because once I activated my remote to unlock the doors. I did not enter my car or open any doors. I then opened the gas lid to install a new Porsche silver gas cap. While I was cleaning around the gas cap area, the car automatically locked because the doors were never opened. I noticed the pin move from left to right, as it should, but it did not lock the gas lid because the gas lid was still open and the bracket to lock the gas lid was still on the underside of the gas lid. I had to unlock the car again so I could safely lower the lid when the pin retracted to the left. The bottom line is that the car must be unlocked to open the gas lid and unlocked to lower the gas lid. If your pin is snapped off, it can be replaced. Or the pin may be intact but the pin is malfunctioning and not moving into position correctly. Hope this helps

Old 01-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by 997TTurbo
Open up your gas lid and take a look at the inside gas cap area. There is a small pin that moves left to right inside the area where the gas cap is. When the car is locked, the pin moves into position and prevents the gas lid from opening. The pin is black and looks like plastic. The pin starts on the left side of the inside opening. The pin goes into an internal bracket located on the underside of the gas lid for the lock position. In unlock position, the pins moves away from this internal bracket and the gas lid can be opened. Be aware that if the gas lid is open and then the car gets locked, the pin will move into the lock position (moves to the right) but does not engage the bracket because the gas lid is open. If you then close the gas lid, it is possible to come down on this plastic pin and snap it off. I figured this out because once I activated my remote to unlock the doors. I did not enter my car or open any doors. I then opened the gas lid to install a new Porsche silver gas cap. While I was cleaning around the gas cap area, the car automatically locked because the doors were never opened. I noticed the pin move from left to right, as it should, but it did not lock the gas lid because the gas lid was still open and the bracket to lock the gas lid was still on the underside of the gas lid. I had to unlock the car again so I could safely lower the lid when the pin retracted to the left. The bottom line is that the car must be unlocked to open the gas lid and unlocked to lower the gas lid. If your pin is snapped off, it can be replaced. Or the pin may be intact but the pin is malfunctioning and not moving into position correctly. Hope this helps

Thanks for the detailed reply. I played with it a little last night to see if i could make it work, and i failed

The pin doesn't move at all when i lock the door (no sound as well), i think something that drives the pin doesn't work. But when i unlock the door, it makes a sound for pulling the pin back off, again the pin doesn't move. I tried to see if i could pull the pin out a little bit, can't really make it move either.

anyway, thanks for the help!