997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best lightweight wheels out there

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
The lightest and strongest wheels you can get are the Forged Tech series, made from military spec alloy that they can't even release specs on, all we know is that it is very strong!

Switzer Signature wheels are manufactured by Forged Alloys USA, a company with an extensive background in exotic materials and multiple contracts with aerospace and military firms that demand the highest-quality forgings available, with the highest degree of precision possible.

Switzer is an advocate for complete transparency when it comes to product testing, CLICK HERE to examine the SAE J2530 and TUEV test data conducted by STL.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:54 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
What do they weigh? Do they come in !8's for a 996TT?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Depending on car color, BBS E28's looks awesome and our pretty light:

Old 02-05-2010, 01:56 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
The lightest and strongest wheels you can get are the Forged Tech series, made from military spec alloy that they can't even release specs on, all we know is that it is very strong!
You certainly know what you are doing and I am not trying to pick a fight, but "lightest and strongest" are big claims without data.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sparkhill
You certainly know what you are doing and I am not trying to pick a fight, but "lightest and strongest" are big claims without data.
Of course Spark, no fights here..

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ed-wheels.html

For example, a 19x8.5 front wheel for Porsche Wide body is 15 lbs and the matching 19x12 rear is 18 lbs. This means almost a 40 lb. reduction in unsprung weight compared to OE Porsche. The wheels are TUV compliant.
I should have said, to my knowledge, these are the strongest and lightest wheels available.. I should also add most durable to that as well, because you can have the lightest carbon wheels in the world and they tend to crack and explode.

If anyone knows of anything lighter or stronger, please come forward and let us know!

You guys may think our Russian friends are crazy when they do all of that street racing, but they sure know how to pick a wheel:

Old 02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
GTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura about
weights

Originally Posted by sparkhill
They have some of the weights of the rims online. From what I could see they really are extremely light. I have no knowledge regarding strength though.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:39 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Of course Spark, no fights here..

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ed-wheels.html

I should have said, to my knowledge, these are the strongest and lightest wheels available.. I should also add most durable to that as well, because you can have the lightest carbon wheels in the world and they tend to crack and explode.

If anyone knows of anything lighter or stronger, please come forward and let us know!

You guys may think our Russian friends are crazy when they do all of that street racing, but they sure know how to pick a wheel:
Those tech 1 are the ones i had in mind, they really are the lightest wheels i could found for the 997 turbo. The BBS is very very very good looking wheel.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:50 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I read the other thread and the Tech1 wheels are impressive, especially the tremendous weight savings. They look great too.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Neil for mines
I loved my HRE P40's in flat black but sold them to get the Tech 1 109 Mesh in satin black to shed a few pounds and to have a little different mesh pattern.

Heres the link for the Tech 1 test data:

http://www.amtforgedalloys.com/TEST_DATA/test_data.html

Attached Images   
Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
So the lightest Tech 1 comes only in one shape?

Old 02-06-2010, 06:14 AM
aajayven is on a distinguished road
OZ superleggeras!

Old 02-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Yeah...Unfortunately the only shape they manufacture is round.
Probably due to practicality purposes...

Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Nice wheels guys! I still love my Champion RS 171s, but boy there are a lot of choices!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:09 AM
freeman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Thanks Neil for mines
I loved my HRE P40's in flat black but sold them to get the Tech 1 109 Mesh in satin black to shed a few pounds and to have a little different mesh pattern.

Heres the link for the Tech 1 test data:

http://www.amtforgedalloys.com/TEST_DATA/test_data.html
Where can i get these Tech1 rims?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 AM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Originally Posted by HN-GT2997
I use OZ at the moment and have the new BBS FI on order as they are the lightest street legal 19" with TUV for here.

here you see some weights

OZ Ultraleggera HLT for Porsche 997 GT2
Front: 8,5x19 ET53 weight 9,74KG (Stock GT2 10,90KG)
Rear: 12x19 ET51 weight 12,12KG (Stock GT2 14,50KG)

BBS FI rims
Front: 8,75x19 ET50 weight 7,4KG (Stock GT2 10,90KG)
Rear: 12x19 ET50 weight 8,9KG (Stock GT2 14,50KG)

you can tell that the car is better driving with the lighter rims
HN-GT2997: Can you share some pictures of the BBS Fi on your GT2 ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best lightweight wheels out there