997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Uwe Gemballa Kidnapped!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Uwe Gemballa Kidnapped!

It is now confirmed by South African and German Authorities that Uwe Gemballa has been kidnapped in Johannesburg and is being held for ransom.

No other information is available at this time.

I will post any accurate info that comes available.

Please join me in praying for his safe return.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:49 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
This is troubling.
I will pray that he makes it through this and returns home safely.

Keep us updated.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:29 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
What is this world coming to?

Old 02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
There's already a thread about this just FYI

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...a-trouble.html

Last edited by Tonk; 02-17-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
Praying for his safe return!

Old 02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tonk
There's already a thread about this just FYI

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...a-trouble.html
Yes, I know. I felt the need to start a new thread because of all the nonsense and rumors that have swirled around this story.
Uwe Gemballa deserves our respect and prayers.

And I hope we learned a lesson that "news" sites like Jalopnik that create and spread vicious rumors deserve our scorn.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 PM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
so unfortunate.

i hope he get released without harm

Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Just a note to confirm as of this time that Uwe Gemballa is alive and has been in contact with his family.

In these cases, there is usually very little press coverage at the request of the authorities.

I will continue to follow developments as closely as possible and will post any updates.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
So glad to hear, Uwe could not be a nicer person. He is a real gentleman and his designs are absolutely amazing. Waiting to hear about his safe return to his family in Germany. Thanks for posting Mike.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Thanks for posting Mike, our thoughts and prayers to him are well deserved.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:10 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
very nice person ...
Praying for his safe.......

Old 02-19-2010, 06:12 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
hoping for the best

Old 02-19-2010, 06:28 AM
I spoke with a manager at the Gemballa facility in Leonberg, Germany at 1330 hours today German time. The facility is open for business, no cars have been seized or impounded and Mrs. Gemballa is running the company in her husband's absence.
My company is a Gemballa supplier and so far everything is normal as it relates to the business.

Uwe is still missing but now no one seems to be sure about his safety, or if he is even alive.
I apologize that more information is not available. I do know that German and South African Authorities as well as Interpol are working hard to find him and return him to his family.

I will post again anytime CREDIBLE information becomes available.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 AM
The German Stuttgart newspaper Bild has reported that Uwe Gemballa is being held for a ransom of 1 million Euros.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/regional/stu...loesegeld.html

Very sad day.

Last edited by Tech1_Mike; 02-19-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:08 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
In 1995 I bought a new C4 Cab and added a Gemballa Spoiler, side skirts & exhaust. VERY high quality stuff. Dealt with Heinz (spelling?). Just hope this ends with a happy ending for him & his family.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uwe Gemballa Kidnapped!