997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New clutch required?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:55 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I have the 764 pressure plate in mine and it's holding so far. Very stock-like feel and I would say even slightly better (less mushy, better engagement feel). It's the same set-up Dan at SpeedGallery has on his car which he let me test drive beforehand. The boys did a really great job with the install and pricing. Dan knows what he is doing. He's got cup cars up the wazoo sitting around his shop.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:35 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Cannga's got the data sheet. If you want to rep someone, Cannga has data comming out of his ears!

bob
I gave it to CANNGA because I hadn't hit him in awhile.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TTdude
I have the 764 pressure plate in mine and it's holding so far. Very stock-like feel and I would say even slightly better (less mushy, better engagement feel). It's the same set-up Dan at SpeedGallery has on his car which he let me test drive beforehand. The boys did a really great job with the install and pricing. Dan knows what he is doing. He's got cup cars up the wazoo sitting around his shop.
i deal with dan all the time , good guy. does he have this in his 997 Turbo or one of his cup cars ? ty

Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Cannga's got the data sheet. If you want to rep someone, Cannga has data comming out of his ears!

I'd + rep for a very useful table, but I guess I need to spread it around before I can hit him again, lol!

bob
Ha ha Bob. And you got data coming out of your ears AND eyes. As much of a "data gatherer" that I am, you surprise me all the times with the wide range of info you have.
Thanks ruf_turbo.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gt2urbo
i deal with dan all the time , good guy. does he have this in his 997 Turbo or one of his cup cars ? ty
It was his 996tt that I test drove. Not sure what he runs in his cup cars.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Nasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant futureNasser has a brilliant future
http://www.carbonetic.net/products/single.html

Carbonnetic Carbon Singel plate cultch

Old 02-27-2010, 12:39 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks. Below is a table from Sachs showing the rating of the 2 pressure plates, I assume one is of the stage 2 xxxxx752 (torque rating 544 lb-ft with organic disc), and the other one which Gene upgraded to, xxxxx764 (rating 659 lb-ft).

It seems from reading Gene's post https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...utch-feel.html , he re-used the OEM clutch disc (as opposed to using Sachs xxxxx973)? Is that possible?

Mike, which pressure plate did you use that didn't hold up with your stage 2, xxxx752 or xxxx764?

Can,

I had the 752 pressure plate from Sachs. It definitely was not enough to hold. My new setup uses a Clutch Masters stage 2 disc with their stage 3 pressure plate.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:15 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
I am definitely going to get the 890Nm pressure plate whatever. Just whether I go with a LWFW or not. Hmmmm....

Old 03-01-2010, 09:36 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Alex, I'm having a hard time recording the video...All the clips sound the same. I'll try again tonight.

bob

Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
I am definitely going to get the 890Nm pressure plate whatever. Just whether I go with a LWFW or not. Hmmmm....
If you want stock-like clutch feel, I would stick with the dual mass flywheel.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
A Sachs technician today suggested that the vibration is only noticeable at idle with a LWFW, not when shifting through gears. But the benefit in terms of throttle response is really minimal on a car as powerful as a 997TT and it’s not an option he would go for himself.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Alex,

The increase in throttle response is very noticeable. The chatter at idle might really bother you if you are sensitive to noise. The only time you really hear it is during idle. Especially if your AC is turned on. It can get loud. To be on the safe side, I would stick with the dual mass.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Hello,

Sorry for the slow response.

We sell two different kits from Sachs Racing.

The first is what we call the Stg 2.5. It uses the 764 plate that has the same pedal feel as stock, but with higher clamping force. This is the same plate the Gene Lou is using in his 750 car. This aforementioned replaced our standard Stg 2 kit.

Our second option, and one that is not a hot seller, is our Stg 3 kit. This has very heavy pedal feel and a bit overkill in my opinion. This uses a 752 plate and a 944 disc. Tough to modulate, but if you are abusive on clutches, this is the one to get.

Either of these can be used with or without a Lightweight flywheel that is cut to be used with a stock clutch.

We are a dealer for Sachs Racing so our pricing is ultra competitive.

Please email me directly if you have specific questions or would like ordering info.

Thank you.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:54 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Alex,

The increase in throttle response is very noticeable. The chatter at idle might really bother you if you are sensitive to noise. The only time you really hear it is during idle. Especially if your AC is turned on. It can get loud. To be on the safe side, I would stick with the dual mass.
Mike makes a very good point about the noise, and I agree. In terms of performance, the top cars at the Texas Mile use OEM flywheels almost exclusively. I think the LWFW makes the most difference in heel/toe (toe/heel) rev matching.

- bob

Last edited by bbywu; 03-01-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:42 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
To those who've tried LWFW (and of course, the pro Mike/AWE): we've talked about noise, but how does the LWFW affect the feel and ease of clutch engagement please?
If a LWFW changes speed faster, doesn't it make engagement more difficult?

Thanks for this great discussion. I finally "get it" as far as which clutch to buy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New clutch required?