997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My New 2010 TT!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:08 AM
stormeister is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Ape
All I can say is that if ANYONE feels that driving my 10' TT is anything but FUN FUN FUN, they are nuts!!! It's the MOST fun and brilliant transmission out there in my opinion.

The delivery of USEABLE power is astonishing compared to my 08' TT and the control over the driving dynamics is in a whole other league.

Ape
No kidding, last week I went from a 2007 coupe 6 speed to a 2010 cab PDK. I can't imagine there are many cars out there which are so usable and can cover ground so fast.

Stormeister

Old 04-05-2010, 08:33 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Nice review. Big difference in a tiptronic 997TT to the PDK 997.2TT. The fun factor goes way up and the performance is incredible.

The PDK isn't close to SMG of the BMW's. It's night and day. Definitely as smooth as an automatic transmission but the same fun and performance of an SMG, without the embarassingly jerky shifting.

Again, congrats. I find it to be the perfect car for all conditions and think it's truly the jack of all trades (and master of a few as well ).

Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 AM
The Ape will become famous soon enoughThe Ape will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
Ape, it's GREAT to have you here man!

My first 430 (05) had problems with the clutch after 1K miles and Ferrari covered it. Are you sure it's not covered under warranty?

Thanks!! Im really enjoying it here!

My 06' 430 needed the new clutch and fly wheel at 20K miles. Ferrari doesn't cover F1 transmissions BUT at 1K Im sure they made an exception for you.
After all my issues they should have just given me a new car.

My F1 system failed 5 days after taking delivery of my brand spankin new 430 and ended up in the shop for two weeks. That was covered under warranty.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 AM
The Ape will become famous soon enoughThe Ape will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE=vbmw335;2791616]
Originally Posted by The Ape
Nice to see ya here buddy! Well, to answer your question in simple terms. NO, it's not MORE fun and EXCITING than a 430 BUT it's as much fun to me.

First off Congrats on the new car! It looks awesome and I am sure its one hell of a performer. Thanks for your feedback. Is it possible that the quality issues you experienced are just an anomaly? I haven't seen many F430 owners complaining about any reliability isssues thus far...maybe they have very low miles Either way , i see your point , the new tt with PDK is unmatched in every way except that it lacks the soul of the F car. IMO , Objectively speaking its probably the best all weather car in the world along with 560-4.
Thanks!

Yes, my 430 was an anomaly. The shop coined me "The Guinea Pig"......

I had SO many issues that it was a joke. When the car was in good running order it was a DREAM to drive. Fast, INSANE handling, and seat of your pants fun.

I LOVED my 430, drove it EVERY DAY for 2 years even with all the issues. I swore I would never sell it but after a while being stranded with steam filling the cabin can leave a bad taste in your mouth. That along with going through 3 sets of exhaust brackets, a new engine, F1 failures, etc.....

My new TT gives me 95% of the seat of your pants fun factor with MUCH more power, a rock solid transmission, launch control, all wheel drive, and more.....

The two cars are not really comparable to me. Mid-engined, naturally aspirated, rear wheel drive compared to Rear-engines, Turbo, all wheel drive, and a cabriolet as well.

All things being equal I like the TT better FOR MY NEEDS.

I sold my 430 a year ago to make room for a 599 HGTE. I ordered the 599 and when it came time to take delivery I couldn't pull the trigger for a variety of reasons (financial, ex-wife, etc).....

I mourned the sale of the 430 and was devastated to not take delivery of the 599. I ended up picking up the Panamera 4S once things settled down a bit.
I LOVE it and consider it to be the ultimate sedan (more of a drivers car than the "Turbo" Panamera IMVHO)......but I still missed my 430......

I had an 08' TT Cab six speed in the garage that was a plain bore to drive compared to the 430. I never drove it. I would take the Panamera on Canyon runs in place of the TT......

THEN I DROVE THE 2010 PDK TT!!!!!!!!!! Bought it on the spot!!! NOW I DONT MISS MY 430 at all! That's how good the new TT is to me. I wont say it's MORE fun than a 430 but I will say it's as much fun and gives me soooooooooooooo much more in terms of reliability, a transmission that works perfectly every time (unlike the 430 that was finicky and had a mind of it's own) and MUCH MORE POWER!!!

Im a happy Ape!