997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fabspeed exhaust tips mounted and burning the plastic housing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
07Turbo - I can certainly sympathize with your concern since I was also worried. To my surprise, I have yet to notice any burning smell other than me burning up my clutch One thing I thought of is getting a dremmel and shaving part of the touching plastic. I really don't want to do this since misalignment is prob due to misfitment of the tips.

do you have aftermarket exhaust system or just the tips?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:59 AM
07turbo is on a distinguished road
My exhaust is stock.

Thought I could do a cheap cosmetic upgrade and its turned into a gong show. Lol

Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 PM
AllanPac is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Speedtech quad tips (I have europipe stage 1 on my 997.1 tt). Does anyone have experience with them? If you have similar quad tips, in retrospect, did you find the aesthetics to be worth the hassle (fitting, alignment, and melting concerns)? I really don't like the stock tips but if I'm going to have to spend hours loosening the whole exhaust and play with the alignment and worry about plastic melting, then maybe it's not worth the effort.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:24 PM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
You didn't saw what model 997, .1 or .2? If it's a .1 I had no problems. If it's a .2 TTS they are a PITA and mine still are not aligned. It's something I live with but IMO there are probably better fitting tip out there someplace.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:53 PM
AllanPac is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 4ocious
You didn't saw what model 997, .1 or .2? If it's a .1 I had no problems. If it's a .2 TTS they are a PITA and mine still are not aligned. It's something I live with but IMO there are probably better fitting tip out there someplace.
I have .1 tt. Your tips are fabspeed or speedtech?

Old 12-01-2017, 06:25 AM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
Fabspeed black chrome tips on my TTS. My .1 TT had early Fabspeed chrome tips that discolored and rainbowed. They were not very good. My black chrome tips are holding-up nicely as are the chrome Fabspeed tips on my 11 Cayenne TT.