997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Squeaking sound in the back, where is the thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
W1N
W1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the rough
Squeaking sound in the back, where is the thread

There was a thread a while ago about 07/08 turbos having right rear window or something that is little loose and produces the squeaking sound. I'd like to get rid of that now. Anybody recall the thread or actual info what was it that was loose?

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:09 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Old 04-29-2010, 02:39 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by W1N
There was a thread a while ago about 07/08 turbos having right rear window or something that is little loose and produces the squeaking sound. I'd like to get rid of that now. Anybody recall the thread or actual info what was it that was loose?

Thanks!
Yep know it well. Is it a creaking knocking sound? P has had a number of goes at fixing mine now. Last week they removed the rear bar to double check the rear body spot welds as there has been a few cars where one of the spot welds was faulty due to the weld robot out of sync not welding properly and that causes the body to creak. If its that it needs to be re welded to stop it. Alls fine there on mine thankfully. P are now satisfied its definately the rear side window which is moving in the rubber and contacting one of the spot welds when the body flexes slightly over the bumps. The glass apparently then can contact a welded spot on the inside frame @ b pillar base. Before they said there were rivets in there but now say its the spot welding that deforms the frame on each weld so thats what is hitting. They have made a number of adjustments to the glass and rubber now and have got the creak to disappear for a few days but then it comes back. Its actually better now than how it was to begin with but its still not perfectly fixed. It would be great if its not there. some days are worse than others. They say the window has to come out and grind the offending spot back or hit the offending spot to bend it away a bit so it doesnt touch the glass when the body flexes. They say are worried if paint is removed inside in the process then there is a possibilty of corrosion at one stage. Its obviously not an easy job as they are avoiding doing it and are just re adjusting window and rubber instead. Your P dealer would have to know of this common problem.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:16 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
my ashtray does that nois i changed it twice and still it do that noise ..

Old 05-02-2010, 03:28 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Ashtray is easy.. just that little plastic part that's used to extinguish cigarettes. Get a glue gun and put a dab in there from underneath to secure it.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:09 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I have a small squeaky noise which I finally figured out was the seatbelt "clamp" portion (next to the middle console). Not a big deal but it was a small victory to figure out where the noise was coming from!