997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RAC/RUF Announcement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
RAC
Former Vendor
RAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud of
RAC/RUF Announcement

RAC Performance, formerly RUF Auto Centre has opted to no longer represent the RUF brand in the U.S.

As we have during the past five years, we will continue to deliver the latest and highest quality products available today for your Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and other exotics.

Manthey Motors (Germany) Four time consecutive winners of the prestigious 24 hours at the Nurburgring race

GMG Racing (USA) multiple winner in speed world challenge

Novitec (Germany) High performance products for Ferrari.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:54 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Wow. Is anyone else taking over RUF operations in the US? Not good news for those with RUF upgrades....

Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
1st bahrain now U.S !!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:15 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Wow. I wonder if part of the reason is the proliferation of tuners that can seriously improve the performance of the car for a fraction of the price that RUF charged. I understand that RUF also did cosmetic upgrades etc... but they were quite pricey. But the RT12 and RT12s are really good looking cars for those with deep pockets.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:51 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
sad new for the US RUF market...

Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slavik
sad new for the US RUF market...
Not from my perspective! I haven't gotten ANY support from RAC since I've had my car and was about to deal directly with RUF Germany anyway. RAC just doesn't seem to care after they have sold the car/conversion.

Hopefully RUF will find a much better dealer to support them and their cars here in the US. Almost any dealer has to be better than RAC.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
lots of costumers will lose there rights just like they lost there rights in M.E

Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I always had a great experience with RAC, whenever I had an issue (which have been very few) they took care of it. Always very professional with their clients.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:51 AM
HaroldCGT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Not from my perspective! I haven't gotten ANY support from RAC since I've had my car and was about to deal directly with RUF Germany anyway. RAC just doesn't seem to care after they have sold the car/conversion.

Hopefully RUF will find a much better dealer to support them and their cars here in the US. Almost any dealer has to be better than RAC.
I have to agree... nothing beats dealing with Alois and Estonia directly. Given the limited number of customers, I can't say a US agent is necessarily a good thing.

I also thought Asgar was a decent facilitator as well back in the day.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
obrienkp is on a distinguished road
I thought I read somewhere they are moving to a facility in michigan or an already established facility in michigan is picking up the RUF franchise.....Maybe i misunderstood it.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:55 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I saw that on rennlist. Regardless, it's too far for me to go.
http://www.rufauto.us/ruf/

Last edited by TT Gasman; 05-11-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I got to the Boggs post then, wha what was this thread about?

Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by obrienkp
I thought I read somewhere they are moving to a facility in michigan or an already established facility in michigan is picking up the RUF franchise.....Maybe i misunderstood it.
Yeah, that's the rumor floating around.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by TestJet
I got to the Boggs post then, wha what was this thread about?
yessir, that can be distracting and make you forget............................

..............what was the point I was trying to make?

Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
I saw that on rennlist. Regardless, it's too far for me to go.
http://www.rufauto.us/ruf/
But you still got the good folks at RAC.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RAC/RUF Announcement