997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Brake pads with less brake dust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Just use a spray on product from Armorall. Its in a pressure pack can. Spray it on the wheels, let it dry and dust wont stick for ages even in rain it wont stick.
The wheels will look totally clean and perfect for a very long time. Its quite amazing.....worth trying. The car will get dirty before the wheels.

Last edited by speed21; 06-01-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Here it is...

http://www.armorall.com/

Last edited by speed21; 06-01-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:28 PM
kcturbo is on a distinguished road
Andy Porterfield is a good guy (and a very good racecar driver, driving a big GT1 car in the SCCA at the age of 70+). His products are always quite good.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:17 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Thanks for the tip! I presume it won't stop the brake pads from grasping the rotor!!!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:18 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
oh waitasec, you said spray it on the wheels, not the rotors.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Rocket man is on a distinguished road
pads

The squealing is from the carbon transfer on the rotors, that is the way the pad is designed to work, typical of race compounds, HPS do make noise, more noticeable when you have transfer from track use etc. You could try Hawk ceramic compounds they give off dust as well, but less noticeable because the dust is grey. I doubt ceramics are available for the TT calliper though. Ceramics won't have the bite compared to the HPS. I had them on my Audi, big difference.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Showking
Oh believe you me, it's horrible with the factory pads and aftermarket wheels. Put it this way... My car is never dirty, no rain, waxed like 4 times a week, you know the drill, and I found myself cleaning them off after every short drive. You go through the trouble of buying $8500 wheels and then instead of looking at your nice new wheels you get to look at a nice fluffy orange-brown-ish coating of dust all the damn time. Terrible. Porsche should really do something about it. Yes, they offer PCCB's, but there is no reason the steel brakes have to have that much dust. Plenty of companies changed their pads.. Mercedes finally changed up. The new models have zero dust. E-550 coupe- none. Oh well, I'm just glad it's over! lol Reminiscing about them is making me sick. lol..

-Showking
Nissan used a low dust pad on their American market Nismo Sport 370Z and Car and Driver ended up wrecking one during testing at VIR! This is just plain silly when you think that they put those pads on the Nismo. Not saying Porsche or any one of us would do something dumb like that.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Showking
Oh believe you me, it's horrible with the factory pads and aftermarket wheels. Put it this way... My car is never dirty, no rain, waxed like 4 times a week, you know the drill, and I found myself cleaning them off after every short drive. You go through the trouble of buying $8500 wheels and then instead of looking at your nice new wheels you get to look at a nice fluffy orange-brown-ish coating of dust all the damn time.
-Showking
Showking please dont worry about your pads anymore and just try the Armorall and you will be true to your name forevermore. One of my guys washes his new Bimmer car every day he is such a fanatic....he must be blood related so I will now call him Showking No2!! (if thats ok)

[quote=The Bogg;2860131]
Damn, nothing like drawing negative attention to a hot p-car than pulling up to the light and having a little squeal like a jalopy.
quote]

Dont worry the Bogg, mine did that too at one stage. All fixed now thankfully. Only does it now on the odd occasion after a real good and prolonged brake workout.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Thanks for the tip! I presume it won't stop the brake pads from grasping the rotor!!!!!
No worries.. This product actually works. You will be very surprised.

Last edited by speed21; 06-02-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Interesting....any idea if it's safe for painted wheels? I literally drive out of my garage and I have a nice uniform coating of brake dust on my wheels