997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

SharkWerks to close its doors at 4444 Technology Drive....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Red face SharkWerks to close its doors at 4444 Technology Drive....

There is Junior signing off

We've had a great run and 5 good years at our 4444 Technology Drive spot but other than the address we've always hankered for more space/room and overall better layout. As Chief Brodie said, "We're gonna need a bigger boat". It's taken some time but we're finally preparing to move into our new space. To avoid downtime/inconvenience there will be some overlap between us having both locations open/functional but suffice it to say that we're staying put in NorCal (and Fremont). Hence we're either going to be equally as close as we were before or as far away as we were with the old shop. In fact, the new spot is about 1/4 of a mile away from us but it's going to allow us some much needed breathing room. As far as expanding we're not envisioning anything of the sort. Got no plans for world domination and we intend to keep things as personal and hands-on as it is now. SharkWerks will still still be the same old James, Dan, Joan and myself along with occasional guest appearances from Jurgen the German.

A few pictures of the place coming together...

From the front entrance/corner you can see we'll still have lot's of green and trees. Gotta keep greenies happy. There's a 12 foot wide sign that's being made by our friends at Premier (thanks fellas) which will likely go up next week sometime. That way you'll easily spot us.

A few more parking spots up front:

And over to the inside. Here's the shop area otherwise known as James' playground:

James' other playground is the nicely-sized (500sq feet) dedicated engine room where all the 3.9L and some crazy Twin Turbo motors will get built.

Small Power Tools/Fabrication room adjacent to the shop area:

Just finished painting:

The opening you see here leads into:

a nice bonus fabrication room for James to play with his mill, welders, lathes and other Lego...

WC (water closet not World Challenge!) for the shop...

Kitchen/meeting area and the customer WC (La Toilette):

Other side of the kitchen area. Probably a meeting room or something.

Customer front/lounge etc....

Other side of reception area... offices being built.

Another office probably where will put all the media/gear for making those utterly confusing videos:

Peep hole into James' engine fishbowl.

Side with parking:

Side and back with more spots for parking:

The back has a lot of parking too...

Anyways, it's business as usual around here and please bear with us during the move. We just let go the last 3.9L that we'll ever build at the old location to Canada yesterday. We've got a few small projects to work on and wrap up (including our 996 GT3 which we'd rather not "push" over to the new spot). I just wanted to say a VERY warm and heartfelt thanks to you chaps and ladies for being so supportive of us over the last 5 years. So thanks for flying with us and your enthusiasm, passion and general love of all things Porsche keeps us lot here married to the cars day in day out. I'll keep you guys posted as and when things get going but for now back to work

Old 05-27-2010, 02:41 PM
karlooz is on a distinguished road
it's about time!

congrats on the new spot

Old 05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the new location

Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool Alex and gang. New place looks nice, can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

CONGRATS!

Old 05-27-2010, 03:06 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Congrats Alex and Sharkwerks! The new spot looks great.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:16 PM
CAMMag is on a distinguished road
Looks nice! When I'm in that area, I'll have to stop by and check it out.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:27 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Congrats Alex and Sharkwerks! The new spot looks great.
Thank you sir... we'll try to make it homey soon and can't wait to get going Dan/I are off to EVOMS soon to tune the 996GT3 but this way it'll allow James the freedom to set it up without our interfering minds to stop him...
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
Very cool Alex and gang. New place looks nice, can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

CONGRATS!
Danke! As you said the rear parking lot is pretty much perfect for 1/4 mile action eh
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
Congrats on the new location
Thank you Tom/Justin. Congratulations to you and the whole RS-1/Champion merger!
Originally Posted by karlooz
it's about time!

congrats on the new spot
Thank you sir... Now we can actually work on M96/M97 engines as well as GT1 blocks. Although your engine is a miracle of science... it was a race to see if yours would go boom vs us moving eh

Old 05-27-2010, 04:17 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Its about time you let the cat out of the bag, lol. Its coming together rather nicley! Looks great! Congrats! Looking forward to SharkWeek

Fremont is a happen place this week, new SharkWerks facility, Solyndra, 1 term Obama visit, new Tesla factory.

Last edited by FLT6SPD; 05-27-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:20 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
maybe now i won't get lost circling that corner looking for you guys are you guys closer to Premier now? Looks like same complex...

Old 05-27-2010, 06:45 PM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
Hah, I'll bet your neighbors are going to miss your 6K RPM videos Good luck with the move, it's awesome hearing news like this

Old 05-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Looks great Alex..and Sharkwerks team. Your new place appears to have all the makings for a very nice operation.
Wishing you ongoing success as always P.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by CAMMag
Looks nice! When I'm in that area, I'll have to stop by and check it out.
Thank you and anytime you're around let us know
Originally Posted by TestJet
Its about time you let the cat out of the bag, lol. Its coming together rather nicley! Looks great! Congrats! Looking forward to SharkWeek

Fremont is a happen place this week, new SharkWerks facility, Solyndra, 1 term Obama visit, new Tesla factory.
Hehe yep I figured we may as well let it slip Thanks so much and yes looking forward to it. We can finally update yours to the 700MK2 set up

Fremont sure is happening eh? The chopper was flying right over us yesterday for Obama.... Maybe we can overclock some Teslas?

Originally Posted by C4SxM5
maybe now i won't get lost circling that corner looking for you guys are you guys closer to Premier now? Looks like same complex...
Hehe that's right! Good thing you were loud and red as I came running out This one is much easier to find I think and I guess you could say it's a BIT closer to Premier

Originally Posted by dma550
Hah, I'll bet your neighbors are going to miss your 6K RPM videos Good luck with the move, it's awesome hearing news like this
Haha yes they might:P Especially Fred's straight outs Thank you and heck with all the bad news I think you're right let's start making some good news

Originally Posted by speed21
Looks great Alex..and Sharkwerks team. Your new place appears to have all the makings for a very nice operation.
Wishing you ongoing success as always P.
Thanks P... seriously means a lot. We're so lucky to have mates in Oz and other places

The last car we built at this old shop was this 3.9L for a family in Canada. It left yesterday and they're driving it back. Was a nice way to say good bye
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-gt...guard-lsd.html

Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Alex and the rest at Sharkwerks,

I've never had the pleasure of your 'company' but I wish you all the best in the new location. May your company 'live long and prosper'.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Alex, and the Sharkwerks gang. Wish you the best in your new location and hope to get together with you for a project soon, John

Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Wonderful and much deserved for you all "Congratulations" and may continuing success come your way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks to close its doors at 4444 Technology Drive....