997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 05:51 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skandalis447
kasaasta,
i really do not know to who you are reffering to,but have inmind that all cars here are the same...We are just talking about different ECU tunes that makes our cars from fast to faster or fastest...
The only bad thing here is when someone simply does not believe what another member says...Personally i dont have neither share in APR nor care whether they will sale any flashes...but I write what i see in my car and there is simply no reason for someone not to believe me...buy another tune...thats ok...But APR did 6,48 60-130...what should i do with that?
Since most commenting on this thread have a 6speed it's harder to relate to your fast tune which was done with a Tip. No one doubts that you have a very fast car. It's faster than mine with upgraded turbos. If someone can post verifiable Pbox 100-200 time with an APR tune and a 6speed, that would be very useful. I know Madsex has 6.0 under his belt with 2 shifts but I can't find Pbox data. I'm not questioning his time or integrity but if you're gonna post a time, then better post verifiable data along with it.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bumperpip
Sometimes, the Poet gives us our answers. In this strange and amusing case, Elvis Costello hits the "ten" ring with a line from his black-humor classic, "Watching The Detectives", to wit, "She's filing her nails while they're dragging the lake".
Matthew @ GMP has been brave, true, and steadfast in defense of APR, now twisting slowly in the wind, waiting for Mr. Green @ USP to find a reliable source of electricity for his computer, for our friend Skandalis to produce ANYTHING he's promised, waiting for....for...for...APR TO SAY ANYTHING AT ALL IN DEFENSE/EXPLANATION OF THEIR PRODUCT(s), METHODS, AND COMPANY.
I understand that Porsche is not the key stone of APR's business...Audi/VW is. However, their baffling conduct in this little tableau has reached the point where the negative rub-off will, I believe, leave very smelly skid marks on their core business. Obviously, no one at APR has made the connection that many of us here have/do own other German cars. We spend stupid amounts of money not only on our Porsches, but our Audis and VW's, too.

Speed21, Matthew, et al, thank you for your good work.

APR, your silence is deafening. And most telling.

Yup..its all rather telling . So many squandered opportunities...

Originally Posted by The Bogg
lol...smelly skidmarks.

I'm a patient man but waiting for some numbers just made me itchy for an upgrade. Sent off an email to the "tuner's tuner"
Yes it sure is dragging on now. Even i'm losing interest.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Truley impressive setup/gains .. I like how the program works though :P

Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Speed21,i am sure now its the time to buy a Vbox and see the times of your ultrafast and reliable tune...

As i said before Skand, a time isnt everything for me. When i buy my Vbox and do my time it will be to satisfy my own curiosity, and for my novelty. I doubt my car will be as fast as yours....never said it was and i dont expect it to be.

Please be crystal clear that I have never said my car is as fast or faster than yours nor have i ever said your time is BS either.
I hope you can accept this reality and not go on and on like a broken record.

However, I have maintained (and i dont back away from this) that as a consequence of your failing to provide hard copy evidence to substantiate this fantasy 1 bar claim of yours that you have jeopardised your entire credibility. That is a reasonable observation for anyone to make. If however you wish to continue deluding yourself that everyone is going to just simply "take your word" and go away, then you need to get real. It aint ever going to happen.....take that to the bank.

I understand that you are Greek and English is your second langauge and, I respect that you are able to speak and read the English language. I on the other hand cant even speak Greek least of all understand Greek writing, but your attempts to create confusion in your posts by the way you articulate the engish language is not working. If you deal with the problem which you created, the problem (of your dubious credibility) may go away.

I did not promise anything...

You've lost me on the "promise" thing....what on earth are you talking about???

I just sent some Vbox data for verification.

Yes we all know that already. What is the point you are trying to make??

a good tune is based upon acceleration times

I dont go along with all of that. There are many things which go into making a tune a good tune. Same thing applies between a good tune and an excellent tune. Acceleration times would be just one of those things however if by acheiving such phenominal acceleration you were also accelerating the demise of the engine then that is not a good thing imo nor a good tune. Im not stating this is the case with the APR tune, merely giving an explanation behind my statement there is more than one solitary thing that would make a tune a good tune as such.

and i wonder if any other tune can beat my time with stock turbos...Maybe that is the reason some guys do not like APR here...cause its the fastest...

Skand again you are deluding yourself and trying to create a smokescreen in the process. Nobody here has ever said they do not like the APR tune. They have questioned the fanciful claims made by APR ,and your own fantasy 1 bar boost claim, (which is reasonable) and have subsequently received mixed and flawed answers which has then resulted in further questions being raised. Totally understandable. Nothing sinister in that.

Also I logged my car just out of curiocity for me...To verify OEM gauge was ok...i found it ok and that was the end of the story for me. I did this test together with APR dealer here and so I really dont care whether speed21 believes me or not...

Well Skand, me (speed21) does not believe you on this point and I have made no secret of that. You say you dont care?? Skand that is just your bravado speaking and a thinly disguised attempt to deflect the heat you have bestowed upon yourself by telling everyone you did the test which still only showed a max of 1 bar at any point. And the mechanical gauge story and the APR agent verifification of this entire excersise of yours was you just further digging your own hole deeper. As they say; BS may be able to get you thru the front door but beyond that you will run into trouble at one point, which is what has happened here with this story of yours.

I have asked you politely to come clean (fess up) or provide the dura data log test so to substantiate your claim but you have failed to do so. That has damaged your credibility....end of story on that. You should deal with the consequences of your own actions and not get angry at me or others for pointing out that we arent prepared to take just your word on that story. In fact it was this same silly fantasy 1 bar boost story of yours that drew attention to your performance time claim in the first place (and the APR tune) way back on an earlier thread. And ever since, that blow torch has been getting hotter and hotter. That is also what drew questions regarding APR's claims of being the best tuner.....and so it goes...

He is way slower and at the end that bothers him...

Man.... you are halucinating big time .

Some guys that already have other flashes can not admit that APR flash produces more power and torque and so they try to manipulate APRs great job.

More smoke....cough cough.

i am looking forward to see Vbox times from other flashed 997TT cars...
Cool. Totally fine by me. If it all shows your APR to be the fastest and best tune out there in the 997tt tuning world then thats fine. That may all then lead toward having the other Porsche tuners lift their game and make further improvements to their tunes. Thats part of evolution. And, If it is proven that APR has indeed managed to produce the best tune for the 997tt first time out of the box then i can assure you i wont be acting like a sore toe or living in denial of that fact.

kasaasta,The only bad thing here is when someone simply does not believe what another member says...
I assume I am the "someone" you are refering to here Skand?

See my above reply and, please accept that putting up further smokescreen's is not going to work. The ball is clearly in your court to substantiate your 1 bar boost claim.

As i said previous i am totally done with this.

Skand, If you have chosen to weld yourself to the deck of the titanic then fine by me....just dont involve me any further please unless you wish to provide formal data for me to further comment on.

Last edited by speed21; 06-23-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:11 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Speed21,
1)You are not telling the truth about acceleration times...If APR was slower than other tunes then this debate wouldnt exist...So fastest accel times created all this mess...
2)I posted virified data for my car,sorry that madsex does not posted data 100-200 with APR...I can do nothing about it...
3)Before i posted data about times,I had lost my sd card...I wrote here that 100-200 is for sure below 6sec but nobody believed me and all asked for Vbox data...when i bought a new card and sent the file this debate started I had no reason to lie and everybody saw how fast my car is...Have in mind that boost test was made with APR dealer in the car so he can verify that...On the other hand because you are a hard believer and I have no reason to lie to you I will spend again some time to datalog again my car and to post the data to see the boost...I wonder what you will say then...Try to understand that I can not find the log file,otherwise i would have posted it here...I just test it for myself,not to keep a record to verify it to 6speed...But I will do it in the near future,so stay tuned...

Old 06-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Banned
Speed21,
1)You are not telling the truth about acceleration times...If APR was slower than other tunes then this debate wouldnt exist...So fastest accel times created all this mess...

Not correct Skand. What created this so called "mess" is the story you came up a while back how this super dupa fandango APR tune of yours only ever needs to produce 1 bar of boost to acheive its maximum output of 403kw and 865nm's of torque. The net result of all this amazing APR tuning wizardry reflected in the super fast "verified time" of yours.
Sure there has been discussions over APR's self indulgent web claims but fundamentally your 1 bar boost story was the trigger for what followed the moment the APR Tune thread was posted up by christian.

2)I posted virified data for my car,sorry that madsex does not posted data 100-200 with APR...I can do nothing about it...

I dont get it? What is it you cant do anything about?? Im sorry but this is all Greek to me.

I think what you are saying is that you posted your verified data time? If so thats fine....we get it totally....no argument or question with that. We are perfectly clear.

And the sorry about madsex?? Skand please dont worry, we get that totally too. No point going on about that. Madsex has fully explained himself ages ago so no point going on over this. Do you think we missed something we need further clearance on? Please, we are all clear on this my friend.

3)Before i posted data about times,I had lost my sd card...I wrote here that 100-200 is for sure below 6sec but nobody believed me and all asked for Vbox data...when i bought a new card and sent the file this debate started I had no reason to lie and everybody saw how fast my car is...

Again....no argument. We are perfectly clear.

Have in mind that boost test was made with APR dealer in the car so he can verify that...

Yes, I understand that the Greek APR agent sees only 1 bar on the cars gauge at any given time. And we all know why that is.
To explain again for you: That is because APR has done away with the dual mode functionality so, the gauges previous ability to show up to 1.2 bar in Sports C has also been done away with, showing only 1 bar max due to the tune defaulting to the normal mode gauge limmit of 1 bar.
The engine on the other hand however is producing some 18 to 20lbs boost....more than 1 bar shown on the normal mode gauge readout.
APR HQ confirm this, Matthew at GMP confirms this and i also believe his other APR customers confirm the tune is using more than 1 bar. You on the other hand Skand have gone way out on a limb all on your own saying you have done a Durametric data log and a mechanical gauge test and both results show/confirm that no more than 1 bar is required at any stage to produce maximum output. Herein lies the discrepancy and, the problem for you.

Without hard copy how could anyone reasonably be expected to believe you.

On the other hand because you are a hard believer and I have no reason to lie to you I will spend again some time to datalog again my car and to post the data to see the boost

Skand your call mate. As i said im completely done with this story for now....totally.

...I wonder what you will say then...

Skand, please don't worry or fret, what ever i say will be based upon facts. And if the "facts" (your facts) show what you say is 100% correct then the first thing i would be asking is for a reponse from APR HQ. I will put it back to them for an answer...
But first i need some facts to work with. Words (just your words) are not sufficient as would be the case with your fast time if it wasnt verified with hard copy.

Try to understand that I can not find the log file,otherwise i would have posted it here...I just test it for myself,not to keep a record to verify it to 6speed...But I will do it in the near future,so stay tuned...
No worries Skand. I will stay tuned as you say (literally) but in saying that I definately wont be hanging by my ***** waiting for it .

Last edited by speed21; 06-24-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Kasaasta
Just wanted to say that I find quite disturbing that some people think they are better than someone else based on the car they drive...
For the life of me i have no idea what you are going on about. Please explain for all of us....that is if you can.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:13 AM
tclayj is on a distinguished road
Enough !

Opinions-comments-rebuttals -opioions. Tit Tat. It would be nice and helpful to see DATA-vBox, Dynos, hard data. Needless to say I am thankful that the APR's tune is better than their support in this thread.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Kasaasta is on a distinguished road
You have valid points and you've raised good questions regarding APR's software and especially the knowledge of some end users about how APR's software works. However, when suggesting that Audi/Vw owners are obviously settling for less when Porsche owners demand quality is a bad generalisation. Also, why on would you accept someone better if they came from Ferrari/Maserati/Lambo background? If you think about the number of Audi/VW's compared to F/M/L the difference is huge. Many of VW guys modify their cars hard and still expect the cars to perform reliable. Just as Porsche owners. When some tuner has serious competence with other marques besides high end cars, does it not count?

When tuning expensive cars the number is more limited than with less expensive ones. I'd give credit to APR for gaining an impressive reputation within VW/Audi scene and providing different levels of reliable tuning. If their products (or someone elses for that matter) were rubbish or damaging vehicles, I bet they'd be out of business quite quickly and wouldn't have a good name.

For some reason your posts seem to have a negative tone towards APR and those who say that they've had good experiences with their software. Not talking about Greece here

But like I said, I'll just move along. Besides, I don't even have Pcar, Vw or Audi, I drive a Fiat.. Carry on.

Originally Posted by speed21
For the life of me i have no idea what you are going on about. Please explain for all of us....that is if you can.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 AM
P/VW/Audi

Excellent point. This months PClub Mag. references the long established relationship of P and VW. In the 30's there was the Type 60, it is a Beetle. In the 50's there was the Spyder and then the 4 cyclinders including the 912, 914 and 944. All of which had direct influence thru VW. And now there is the Bosch Motoronic Engine System Mgt. ECU. Porsche has more in common with VW than any other exotic. Based on the ECU there is more in common with Audi and VW.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
tclayj,

I guess you missed my post, APR is not a sponsor on here. They can't post in here with out their posts being removed by the moderators. And of all people on this forum you actually own a turbo with APR software, why don't you buy a vbox and do all the testing you want?

With that said, our Vbox has arrived and my client has been playing around with it for the last couple days at home. He has an appointment for tomorrow to come in and get his car inspected and his street wheels put back on. Hopefully should have some info from the vbox then.

As for the boost issue between our cars and skandalis,

our client with the tubi race exhaust and 100 octane runner, had a track day last week and this boost issue was still bothering me. Skandalis and I have been talking on the side and I had asked him a few days ago to switch from bar to psi and he came back with consistant runs of 15psi every time. So I sent an email this morning to my guy here with the tubi race and 100 octane and I said Hey bud are you sure you were running 18-20 psi with the APR software and that your not confused with your previous tune "GIAC"??? He wrote back a few minutes ago and said he was hitting 15 psi with the APR software all day last week at his most recent track event. His previous boost pressures from GIAC were spiking at 20 and holding around 17-18. He switched for the obvious reasons. I let him try it and he immediately felt it had more power and it was much smoother.

Sorry for all the heat you have gotten from the other members Skandalis, I feel i owe you an apology, I never doubted you but definately wanted to get to the bottom of this little discrepency and with some incorrect info accidently from my local client caused some heat to be directed your way and for that I apologize.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:36 AM
VBox

Matthew, Could you please send me a pm on what brand/type/features and where to find a VBox. Additionally, sorry for the bad on APR not adding to this thread. I was not aware that their post would be removed, because there comments would be appreciated.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:57 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
tclayj,

I guess you missed my post, APR is not a sponsor on here. They can't post in here with out their posts being removed by the moderators. And of all people on this forum you actually own a turbo with APR software, why don't you buy a vbox and do all the testing you want?

With that said, our Vbox has arrived and my client has been playing around with it for the last couple days at home. He has an appointment for tomorrow to come in and get his car inspected and his street wheels put back on. Hopefully should have some info from the vbox then.

As for the boost issue between our cars and skandalis,

our client with the tubi race exhaust and 100 octane runner, had a track day last week and this boost issue was still bothering me. Skandalis and I have been talking on the side and I had asked him a few days ago to switch from bar to psi and he came back with consistant runs of 15psi every time. So I sent an email this morning to my guy here with the tubi race and 100 octane and I said Hey bud are you sure you were running 18-20 psi with the APR software and that your not confused with your previous tune "GIAC"??? He wrote back a few minutes ago and said he was hitting 15 psi with the APR software all day last week at his most recent track event. His previous boost pressures from GIAC were spiking at 20 and holding around 17-18. He switched for the obvious reasons. I let him try it and he immediately felt it had more power and it was much smoother.

Sorry for all the heat you have gotten from the other members Skandalis, I feel i owe you an apology, I never doubted you but definately wanted to get to the bottom of this little discrepency and with some incorrect info accidently from my local client caused some heat to be directed your way and for that I apologize.
do you mean that the in dash meter says 15psi or has it been datalogged? Does anyone actually believe you could get that much more torque and hp without some increase in boost? Come on, that's not even remotely plausible and that's really the issue that's been brought up right from the beginning.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Thank you Matthew that finally you believed me...you see i really dont care whether my car runs at 1 or 1,2 or 1,3 bar...so i did not have any reason to lie to anyone here...Car runs very strong and I love it...during the weekend i will datalog the car again to post results...maybe then speed21 will have to learn the Greek language...
P.S. something else everybody needs to understand is that APR tune does not void sport function...When sport button is pressed sport is lit in dash and every function of sport is active...Only overboost function is deleted and the pressure stays the same...Throttle response gets better,tip is faster at up and downshifts,etc...

Old 06-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
TJ we found ours on ebay. Just do a search online it should come up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......