997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:39 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I read it as 11.5 seconds at 123mph, and that's on pump gas.

Last edited by The Bogg; 06-17-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Banned
Robin@EPL will become famous soon enough
Matt--

I think you just showed a Protomotive car going .2sec slower on PUMP FUEL... compared to the APR tune on 100 octane?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I was wrong on the time. You are correct 11.3-11.5 seconds hard to tell when the numbers are after teh decimal.

I was also incorrect on the modifications.

Car has Comp 21's by HRE in 19" which are over 10 pounds lighter than my clients 20" 360 Forged wheels.

Car is running pump gas but with upgraded VTG turbos.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Robin@EPL
Matt--

I think you just showed a Protomotive car going .2sec slower on PUMP FUEL... compared to the APR tune on 100 octane?

Trap speed was 4 mph faster tho...too many different variables to make is a useful comparison.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTdude
Trap speed was 4 mph faster tho...too many different variables to make is a useful comparison.

Well there is one variable to consider, that run by promotive had upgraded turbos. Our cars have stock turbos and are running just as fast.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Well there is one variable to consider, that run by promotive had upgraded turbos. Our cars have stock turbos and are running just as fast.
Here we go again...your APR car had catless exhaust plus 100 octane. The Proto car was running on CA91 pump junk. Like I said, too many variables.

Since your 30-100 APR trial was an abysmal failure why don't you do the 60-130 4th gear pull and compare it with mine? There should be no excuses there, right?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by TTdude
Here we go again...your APR car had catless exhaust plus 100 octane. The Proto car was running on CA91 pump junk. Like I said, too many variables.

Since your 30-100 APR trial was an abysmal failure why don't you do the 60-130 4th gear pull and compare it with mine? There should be no excuses there, right?
Yes our car ran 11.3 in 100 octane, but with stock turbos,

to run promotive and run that fast you need to spend extra money for upgraded turbos that are not needed. We aren't going anywhere again. This is a completely different subject. The promotive run clearly states they are running upgraded turbos. You can buy a catless exhaust from Tubi brand new for $4500 and $2500 for apr software a combo that totals $7000.

The milltek exhaust they are running is over a $4000 exhaust, plus $1500 for EVOM's headers. Thats $5500 right there. What's the cost of the promotive softare $2000? That's $7500. Now you still need to buy upgraded compressors and wheels, labor and shipping back and forth, Say Installation is $500 on the low side, thats $8000. Thats $1000 more than the APR set up we have here that we tested not including the cost of turbos. My research has lead me to believe that upgraded VTG's run anywhere from $1500-$2500 depending on who you buy them from.

So call it $2500-$3000 more than the cost of our set up and its not any faster even when running smaller and much lighter wheels and tires.

We haven't tested 60-130 yet but we have tested 0-128 in a 6spd and it does it in 11.3 and a tip tronic car in 10.7 seconds 0-133.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Site Sponsor
our 30-100 also wasn't a failure at all because we haven't tested the car yet. So hold your horses TTDude

Old 06-17-2010, 11:37 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
interesting that the Proto car didn't have upgraded intercoolers, or maybe they just weren't mentioned. Was the trap speed 123mph? That was hard to read.
Let's see what the APR numbers are with pump gas on a car with 200 cell cats, THEN we'll really have an idea of what's what. Otherwise it really is apples and oranges.
The heat soak issue is relevant but I'm willing to put it aside to just get the basic questions answered.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Site Sponsor
Hey Bogg

I'm flashing a car with 200 cells tomorrow, but it too has 20" wheels

Maybe I will throw the stockers on for good measure.

Tuesday I will be flying to CT and meeting up with Arone who has modified VTG's and softronic software exhaust and intercoolers. He also has a Vbox. So we are going to test his set up and then flash the car with APR software and test.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Do the 20 inch wheels make a difference? I guess they might from a traction point of view?

Thanks again Matt for your work and interest in this thread.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Site Sponsor
No problem, this is what I do for a living and I enjoy it

Old 06-17-2010, 12:28 PM
our 30-100 also wasn't a failure at all because we haven't tested the car yet. So hold your horses TTDude
Read what you wrote. APR tune with stock vtg "doesn't make any power there" while my set-up does. You don't call that a failure to perform?

Hey guys, quick question, some had suggested 30mph to 100 mph, i forgot who but this person also suggested to try it in 3rd to avoid any shifting. This might be possible (shifting part) but 30-100 MPH will be extremely slow. I was out driving today in the 997T with Tubi race and 100 fuel, and in 3rd gear at 30mph the rpms were at just under 2000 RPMS. This is not going to work because the car doesn't make any power there.

Let me give you guys a couple things I noticed about where the power comes in on and what MPH and gear and let me know if this works for you.

No matter what gear I'm in the turbos don't kick in till about 3500RPMS. Give or take 100 RPMS. If I leave the car in 3rd gear at 3500 rpms the car is doing about 40-45MPH if I recall correctly. So if I start at 30mph the car would actually be significantly faster if I started in 2nd gear. I can shift through all six gears in the same amount of time the car would take to get from 30mph to 45mph in 3rd grear because its starts at 2000 RPMS.

When I was driving yesterday I'm also certain I can atleast hit 90-95mph in 3rd gear. This information was based on the fact that teh digital read out in the center of the dash was about 10 mph behind at any given time. I should have remembered to look to the left but its so hard to see it through the wheel while holding on to dear life lol but it should be able to reach 100 in 3rd gear. Has anyone else reached 100 in 3rd gear?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Site Sponsor
Seriously get in your car right now put the car in 3rd gear and go to 30mph. The RPMS sit at 1800-2000 give or take. Your car nor does anyone elses turbo make any power that low.

If I leave the car in 3rd gear at 3500 rpms the car is doing about 40-45MPH if I recall correctly. So if I start at 30mph the car would actually be significantly faster if I started in 2nd gear. I can shift through all six gears in the same amount of time the car would take to get from 30mph to 45mph in 3rd grear because its starts at 2000 RPMS.

Please read it again while I go to lunch.

Thanks

Old 06-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Seriously get in your car right now put the car in 3rd gear and go to 30mph. The RPMS sit at 1800-2000 give or take. Your car nor does anyone elses turbo make any power that low.

If I leave the car in 3rd gear at 3500 rpms the car is doing about 40-45MPH if I recall correctly. So if I start at 30mph the car would actually be significantly faster if I started in 2nd gear. I can shift through all six gears in the same amount of time the car would take to get from 30mph to 45mph in 3rd grear because its starts at 2000 RPMS.

Please read it again while I go to lunch.

Thanks
I'm totally confused by your response. Why would I want to get in my car and do that again? I've already posted my data. As far as your comment about the 30-45 time, what exactly is your time? Mine is 2.18s. Even granny on thorazine could shift through all the gears within that time so what's your point?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......