997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Continental ExtremeContact tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 02:00 AM
il nino will become famous soon enoughil nino will become famous soon enough
Continental ExtremeContact tires?

Thinking of getting Continentals and Tire Rack seems to have a good review of them but I wanted to get some feedback before committing to them.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:01 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
I am getting them for my 20"

Old 08-11-2010, 07:00 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I had no choice but to take em when they came on my turbo. First let me say that normally I cant stand continental tires and I asked them to switch them up or I wouldnt buy the car, that didnt work so I was stuck with them. Saying that, I am really happy with them in dry weather, they grip well, the are wearing well, road noise is less than the PS2's I had on previous 911's. However, this is my daily driver and I cannot stand them in the rain at all. Horrible in any sort of wet weather.

My next set is going to be either the PS2's or possibly the Nitto NT-01 (recommended by a track friend)

Hope this helps

Old 08-11-2010, 09:40 AM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
I have them on our ML63 and love those tires. They are quiet, grippy, last over 25,000 miles, excellent in the rain and actually manageable in the snow as well. I will buy them again and again.