997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

k_ddsl 997.2TT PDK VS. Z06 (560WHP) Vs. CarreraGT (Stock) Vs. Mustang Shelby (700WHP)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:13 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Video k_ddsl 997.2TT PDK VS. Z06 (560WHP) Vs. CarreraGT (Stock) Vs. Mustang Shelby (700WHP)

Hello All,

Being a firm subscriber to the philosophy that it is extremely important to be as gracious in defeat as in victory, I bring you this video from the sands of Kuwait and the deserts of Arabia!

My 997.2 TT PDK Vs. Modded Z06 Vs. Stock CGT Vs. Ford Mustang Shelby

Enjoy!

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="1280" height="745" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LEceCkmCIf8" frameborder="0"></iframe>

By the way, the Carrera GT will still whip my A$$ over around 130~140 MPH.

But from a standing start, which we did not do, I believe it will take quite a while for the CGT to catch up.

I am currently logging in the 3.1 Seconds 0-60 MPH with a passenger in the car with me.

Last edited by k_ddsl; 09-06-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 AM
MK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to all
not bad :P

K_DDSL u went nuts that day :P u raced everything hahahah

Old 08-21-2010, 06:21 AM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Great run! Thanks for posting such high quality footage.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:22 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MK-ALSABAH
K_DDSL u went nuts that day :P u raced everything hahahah
Bro! Drink life to the lees!

You literally killed that CGT yourself that day.
Showboat! Turning around and filming the guy from behind!
Post up the video bro!

Originally Posted by ETW 360
Great run! Thanks for posting such high quality footage.
Thanks! You're very welcome! It was a fantastic day! Over 40 cars made it out. All classes!
We had runs between modded Gulf GTIs Vs. Modded Hondas all the way to runs between Modded Audi TT RS's, GT2s, etc...

Last edited by k_ddsl; 08-21-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Oops, forgot...

I want to thank fellow 6speeder MK-ALSABAH and our friend Abu Zaid (owner of the CGT) for organizing that fantastic event!

Keep it real bros!

Old 08-21-2010, 07:06 AM
MK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to all
your most welcome

i might make a run or event for 6speeders located near us

Old 08-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Great vids!! That shelby and vet sure had some poke. They both went by you like you were parked. So is it tpc turbos next now? As you say...its a money game

Old 08-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Great vids, good job!

BTW, I will give you a little tip on how to beat cars in the heat: First, set your car up w/ massive intercoolers and piping so that it is almost impossible for your car to heat soak.

Next, when you run, make sure you always get the jump which often means that the car you are running against does not go.

When they finally do go, they will be heat soaked.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:00 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
awesome awesome video!!!

great run either way, what mods has that mustang??

ps. what is the name of the first song?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:39 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Yet another awesome video, thanks Karim. Wow, I know how fast your car is and those 2 cars flew away - that's some serious power!

Old 08-21-2010, 09:50 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by MK-ALSABAH
i might make a run or event for 6speeders located near us
Great idea! Go for it!

Originally Posted by speed21
Great vids!! That shelby and vet sure had some poke. They both went by you like you were parked. So is it tpc turbos next now? As you say...its a money game
Thanks! That Shelby and that vette are the reigning 2 cars within their brands in Kuwait in their class in Kuwait.
I say in their class because:
1- Both cars are not pumping nitrous.
2- While the Shelby is supercharged, the vette is not.
So within their respective class of mods, those 2 cars are currently reigning supreme over here.

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Great vids, good job!

BTW, I will give you a little tip on how to beat cars in the heat: First, set your car up w/ massive intercoolers and piping so that it is almost impossible for your car to heat soak.

Next, when you run, make sure you always get the jump which often means that the car you are running against does not go.

When they finally do go, they will be heat soaked.
Thanks Sean. And thanks for the tip.

Over here, they all try to jump the start. I mean all of them! So much so that it is no longer a race, but a battle about who jumps first.

With respect to I/Cs, I have now installed the TPC/Protomotive 5" hybrids. I have not changed piping yet.

Originally Posted by alex55
awesome awesome video!!!

great run either way, what mods has that mustang??

ps. what is the name of the first song?
Thanks Alex. And thank you for the rep point.

The song at the start is the theme song of Disney's Aladdin.
It is called Arabian Nights by Bruce Adler.

The Shelby has a whopping big a$$ supercharger, pulley, cams, freeflow, headers, etc... Superbly tuned too.
The owner and driver is one of the nicest guys out there in the u/g racing scene in Kuwait. Great bloke.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Yet another awesome video, thanks Karim. Wow, I know how fast your car is and those 2 cars flew away - that's some serious power!
Yep! Wicked cars for sure. See above replies.

Originally Posted by TTdude
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.
Always a pleasure bro.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:28 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Great post bro ..

Old 08-21-2010, 02:01 PM
StockToPerforma is on a distinguished road
Good quality Vid, to bad the angle was fixed. I have to admit, that rate that the Mustang walked away is staggering. What kind of mods is he running?

Old 08-21-2010, 02:13 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Mashalah, very nice runs with the PDK. A properly driven Z06 is hard to beat when modded, and that was definitely a properly driven Z06. Good runs!

Btw, that mustang sure looked to have morethan 700 whp. Generally, a 560 whp Z06 would be a good match for a 700 whp stang, but in this video the mustang seemed like it was about to obliterate the Z06?!?

Last edited by SCvet00; 08-21-2010 at 02:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: k_ddsl 997.2TT PDK VS. Z06 (560WHP) Vs. CarreraGT (Stock) Vs. Mustang Shelby (700WHP)