997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

sport chrono clock replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bonehead
Subscribed. Great project. How are you hardwiring the power?
i am most probably going to tap in the fuse box, where my valentine 1 is tapped with a 5 amp fuse

Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 AM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cgng30
did you have to get separate sensors for those? and does it monitor obd sensors as well ? i will have to check in to that
you have 2 run the sensors that come with gauge

Old 09-29-2010, 09:50 AM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by edelectra
you have 2 run the sensors that come with gauge
i see, where did you tap your afr sensor ? i looked at the Z gauges , they are nice, but i am not sure they do obd as well thats the reason i went with plx, obd as well as manual sensors like z,

Old 09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
I so want to do this. How does sport Chrono react to having the chrono part ripped out ? Does it throw codes?

I personally love car gadgets. I had considered doing a Kiwi for my iphone, but this would be awesome, I would play with it endlessly.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by dma550
I so want to do this. How does sport Chrono react to having the chrono part ripped out ? Does it throw codes?

I personally love car gadgets. I had considered doing a Kiwi for my iphone, but this would be awesome, I would play with it endlessly.
funny you should ask that, i tested it without the clock connected and the dash didnt seem to response well, it would not stop the clock, but few seconds later it did , did not show the display running on the dash , but no error codes, so i am going to try to stick the clock connected separately in the dash cutout, i might take all the hands out though so i dont damage them . i already had to put them back as they came off when i was taking the clock apart

Last edited by cgng30; 09-29-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
bluesea is infamous around these partsbluesea is infamous around these parts
Here's my PLX install. I also got the OBDII option that can read and reset codes as well as display all the other OBDII data on the fly.

Four sensors are mounted under the passenger seat.

Attached Images    
Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
sorry - i have to ask, what is that thing?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 PM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bluesea
Here's my PLX install. I also got the OBDII option that can read and reset codes as well as display all the other OBDII data on the fly.

Four sensors are mounted under the passenger seat.
Wow, looks nice, good install. I thought those sensor modules were bigger, they're pretty tiny.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:40 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Did you have to pull the center console or parts of the dash to run wires and sensor cables. Any DIY pictures?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Any videos of it running ?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:35 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by edelectra
I did the zeitronic it fits perfect and does boost .afr .egt all in one gauge
That is awesome... got some pics

Old 09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
bluesea is infamous around these partsbluesea is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PacMan Z
Did you have to pull the center console or parts of the dash to run wires and sensor cables. Any DIY pictures?
My install wasn't a DIY project.

To the poster above, I think the PLX boxes can be different sizes depending on what they are processing.

The PLX website has videos showing the features of their products.

Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 PM
here are some preliminary pics, i was testing it before a final install, the cable is eays to run, from the dash there is big gap from the bottom, i covered up the clock face with a paint can cap , cut in half to protect the clock face and hands, and i tucked in the dash hole and pushed back the wart with the new gauge, the reason i did so my sport chrono is fully functional because if you unplug the clock the sc dos not work. i made some custom back ground for th gauges, will put video soon and a DYI

Attached Images     

Last edited by cgng30; 09-30-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:51 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Looking good. Is the swivel function built into the housing or the chrono itself?

Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cgng30
here are some preliminary pics, i was testing it before a final install, the cable is eays to run, from the dash there is big gap from the bottom, i covered up the clock face with a paint can cap , cut in half to protect the clock face and hands, and i tucked in the dash hole and pushed back the wart with the new gauge, the reason i did so my sport chrono is fully functional because if you unplug the clock the sc dos not work. i made some custom back ground for th gauges, will put video soon and a DYI
Looks good. But still a bit confused as to how you wired it to your OBD port/fuse box for power? And if I understand correctly, you just tucked the sport chrono clock into the hole in the dash and put the wart right on top of it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: sport chrono clock replacement