997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Modded VTGs - What Is Upgraded and What Parts are Best

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
i got those too, I got a set from Techart after i installed the 9FF which i bought for 2k euro

9ff price is ca. 1300euros, how much you want for techart?

Old 01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Cargrafic cost like 3000e

Old 01-04-2011, 11:35 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
friend of mine can manufacture them in UAE. He is a board member as well
Tell me more, send PM

Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Whats the difference between the 9ff & Cargraphic CF inlets anyone know are they bigger ? i was just got quoted 1500 euro with out tax for the 9ff ones which won't be available for 2 weeks & the Evo's which are 8 weeks out & the Evo's are silicone hoses & on there site they say an average of only 6% airflow gain which just seems like nothing.Anyone know the airflow gains of the carbon pipes.

Last edited by twturbo; 01-04-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:22 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
i Got mine for 2000euro from 9FF. This is one of the reasons i hate European tuners, they just rob us. I could clearly see that they just used the stock plastic hoses to create the shape and then put them together. Manufacturing cost should be less than 200euro for both. It was also very difficult to install them since they were hitting BRVs.
The Techart hoses can only be sold with their power kit but my local TA dealer gave me a set which was 1000000 times better finish than the 9ff ones but that was after i installed the 9FF ones I didn't use them so i gave them back. I have a friend who can build anything on C/F and i'm sure he can do those too for much less

Old 01-04-2011, 12:37 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
i Got mine for 2000euro from 9FF. This is one of the reasons i hate European tuners, they just rob us. I could clearly see that they just used the stock plastic hoses to create the shape and then put them together. Manufacturing cost should be less than 200euro for both. It was also very difficult to install them since they were hitting BRVs.
The Techart hoses can only be sold with their power kit but my local TA dealer gave me a set which was 1000000 times better finish than the 9ff ones but that was after i installed the 9FF ones I didn't use them so i gave them back. I have a friend who can build anything on C/F and i'm sure he can do those too for much less
techart pipes are available separate, they just rise the price of 40%

Old 01-04-2011, 12:48 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
techart pipes are available separate, they just rise the price of 40%
Yes but what if any are the airflow gains from stock ? on any of these, is one better than others finish isn't that important as you can barely see them in the engine bay.

Last edited by twturbo; 01-04-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by twturbo
Yes but what if any are the airflow gains from stock ? on any of these, is one better than others finish isn't that important as you can barely see them in the engine bay.

no idea but bigger turbos need more air to breath and I feel better with this it

Old 01-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold

The turbo inlet pipes are definitely a worthwhile upgrade. Think of it this way, when you're in boost, your turbos aren't simply taking whatever air is available in the airbox, they are actually sucking air in. If that flow of air isn't available, the turbos have to work much harder which leads to decreased efficiency and more heat. A consequence of that is a loss of power.

Using a good aftermarket turbo inlet pipe significantly relieves that stress on the turbos, letting them operating much more efficiently.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
no idea but bigger turbos need more air to breath and I feel better with this it
Agreed but the 6% average gain on the Evo's seems barely worth the effort of the labor ,which is why I wonder what the carbons offer

Old 01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
The turbo inlet pipes are definitely a worthwhile upgrade. Think of it this way, when you're in boost, your turbos aren't simply taking whatever air is available in the airbox, they are actually sucking air in. If that flow of air isn't available, the turbos have to work much harder which leads to decreased efficiency and more heat. A consequence of that is a loss of power.

Using a good aftermarket turbo inlet pipe significantly relieves that stress on the turbos, letting them operating much more efficiently.
Thanks for chiming in there Champion ,I know you'are coming out with your own carbon inlet pipes & know they will be pretty like all your stuff but what kinda airflow gains are you estimating if you can let us know thanks

Last edited by twturbo; 01-04-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Agreed but the 6% average gain on the Evo's seems barely worth the effort of the labor ,which is why I wonder what the carbons offer

don't think so 6% will do the difference.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 AM
SMR
i have seen the cf cargrafic ones, but not the 9ff.. are they the same..?

Old 01-05-2011, 07:00 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SMR
i have seen the cf cargrafic ones, but not the 9ff.. are they the same..?
No, from pictures i have seen they differ a lot. Also 9FF ones come without the flexible tube which connects to the airbox, were Cargraphic offers their own flexible tube

Old 01-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Thanks for chiming in there Champion ,I know you'are coming out with your own carbon inlet pipes & know they will be pretty like all your stuff but what kinda airflow gains are you estimating if you can let us know thanks

Sure thing! I just spoke to our engineer and he is going to prepare some flow charts and data for me to share with you guys as soon as he's done with a few parts he's designing...

We have several sets of the inlet pipes on local cars already. Remember each one is hand made and takes a bit of time since it's a pretty complicated mold. As soon as I have some inventory, I'll post up nice pictures and pricing info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded VTGs - What Is Upgraded and What Parts are Best