997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sneak Peak - New AP Carbon Fiber Intake 997.2 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sneak Peak - New AP Carbon Fiber Intake 997.2 Turbo

Just finished first article today of the Agency Power 997.2TT TRUE cold air intake. Took the car for a test drive and it is awesome! This is the same Project 997.2TT we have been working on as seen here - http://www.vividracing.com/blog/proj...997-2-turbo-2/.

It features dual K&N cone filters that slide into the back of the intake box making a perfect seal. The top has wide openings to allow the dual snorkels to come and close for high flow cool air like stock. NO ENGINE HEAT. The carbon fiber is all done via prepreg process and then clear coat. Flawless.

Will have dyno numbers and video soon!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Could you please define true cold air intake? Is there any empirical data supporting your claim of no engine heat?

Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I'm with Quantum

How do the bellows seal to the top of the airbox? It obvious it does not seal from this picture? It looks good though...

Old 11-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TestJet
I'm with Quantum

How do the bellows seal to the top of the airbox? It obvious it does not seal from this picture? It looks good though...
And from the angle of this particular picture it looks like it's not even completely sealed from the bottom section either.

I agree with you TestJet, from the perspective of aesthetics it looks great, however from an engineering point of view the capitalized claim is entirely false.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thank you for your questions. Here are pictures so you can see this is a FULL complete enclosed airbox. There is no bottom or back opening. We designed the rear holes so they fit and seal when you push the K&N cone into the carbon box. This makes it very easy to install and change the filter or clean it. What I mean by TRUE cold air intake is the intake is a sealed box getting the cool air from the air snorkels like stock. Other system on the market have the filters in the engine bay with no way to keep the airflow directed. This is the same thing we did with our 997.1 Turbo Air Intake Kit Here.

As far as your comment about the top seal, like it says, this is the first article, and a "sneak peak". The factory snorkels actually sit in the correct position, but the cutouts are enlarged. We will be making changes here shortly.

Thank you as always for your information requests.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Allen121 is infamous around these parts
Very nice!

Old 11-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Thank you for your questions. Here are pictures so you can see this is a FULL complete enclosed airbox. There is no bottom or back opening. We designed the rear holes so they fit and seal when you push the K&N cone into the carbon box. This makes it very easy to install and change the filter or clean it. What I mean by TRUE cold air intake is the intake is a sealed box getting the cool air from the air snorkels like stock. Other system on the market have the filters in the engine bay with no way to keep the airflow directed. This is the same thing we did with our 997.1 Turbo Air Intake Kit Here.
Since you evidently enjoy answering customer's questions, how would this be any more beneficial compared to the factory intake system? Are you implying that compared to other intake systems available in the market this is the least detrimental to performance?

Have you conducted any experiments to determine the air temperature in the box to provide to the community? It would definitely contribute to the integrity of your product if you can show how this system is superior to the others available.

Thanks Dan!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:16 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Looks good and later Dan will give us a performance review. I still run the stock box and paper filters but would change it out to a carbon fiber box just on looks alone; so long as I did not lose any performance.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Robert - I have an intake for you that uses the stock airbox/K&N/BMC and adds a extra snorkel. http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-54604.html

Running the car on the dyno, will have results and video shortly.

As far as tests with thermocouplers and temperature readings, etc.... yes we have done that in the past, see here - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...w-project.html. The validity in our product is our customer hands, units sold, and product reviews. I feel we do quite well with our products and as a sponsor since 2006, there are plenty of people that will agree. I would never test a product against another one because in this industry and with the forum police, that is a no no. The reason I say our intake is "better" is because we make a complete enclosed box like factory. Regardless, should have this released soon. Thanks!

Old 11-03-2010, 11:09 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I would rather keep it stock looking and go with a stock carbon fiber replacement (not a dual snorkel).

Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor
If you would like that, I can do that. Just PM me.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor
Much to be expected and will post results later...

The intake, like others built in the past, create a huge amount of low end torque, improve on the midrange, and then taper off. The main reason is the stock exhaust. The car is getting alot more air, the car takes that power and then basically goes to move it out to a plug aka the stock exhaust. The gains of the intake with the exhaust would be much more. Usually people do the stages of Flash, Exhaust, Intake. If this pattern was kept, the overall package would be quite a difference. We generally like to test our products on a stock car to show what just a bolt on would do. Our dynos varied between 500 and 525ft/lbs. Info to be posted later.

Our test 997.2TT is back to stock right now. Maybe down the road the owner will let us try it with the flash, exhaust, intake, ypipe

BTW would you dig this intake in Kevlar???

Old 11-03-2010, 07:32 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I have to ask, is this 100% carbon fiber, or layered over fiberglass?

Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
That intake sure is pretty! One of the best products I have seen (asthetics wise) from AP. Nice Work Dan!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 AM
That brings up a good question Dan.

Who designed the airbox? What about the mold? I think this is beyond your capability and vivid/ap had no part in that process.

Originally Posted by str8blst
That intake sure is pretty! One of the best products I have seen (asthetics wise) from AP. Nice Work Dan!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sneak Peak - New AP Carbon Fiber Intake 997.2 Turbo