997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Powerchip review 997.1tt + b&m short shifter review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 01:44 AM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
Powerchip review 997.1tt + b&m short shifter review

EDIT; I had the exhaust installed yesterday over at BBI, once again they are just so god damn professional it is just amazing. Anyway, the power of the car litteraly jumped to another level. I am having doubt on my brakes/suspension capability now. So swaybars/toelinks/droplinks/bushings are going on next week to help the car handle its new found power a bit better. Honestly I think my turbo will beat my fathers 599. It is just so fast. Oo yes, and I forgot to say this catless FVD with the chip is backfiring like crazy!!!!! Lol. My friends have seen the flame. so i decided it was finally time to take the tame turbo to a new level.

After searching for a nice carshop for a long time, i stumbled upon BBI in Huntington beach, Ca.

Betim was very helpful and set me up an appointment to install my B&M short shifter as well as my FVD brombacher catless exhaust.

He also set me up an appointment to get my car tuned by powerchip

So i arrived at BBI at 1:30 and got a tour. The shop is stunning. The backrooms where they build the engines/exhaust/etc is just so nicely setup with some very advanced looking machines.

Anyway, BBI ended up not being able to do the exhaust today because of a lack of time. Which led to me just leaving with my short shifter installed.

However afterwords i went to my powerchip appointment and had that installed.

Basically the tune is setup for my catless FVD exhaust, because i will be getting it installed in a few days. Due to still having stock exhaust tho, they told me i may be losing a bit of power until i install the exhaust

Long story short-

B&M short shifter- AMAZING modification. Makes the shifter feel so sporty as well as decreasing the throw by a substantial amount. Highly recommended

Powerchip-
The guys over at power chip, Matt and Matt were both extremely helpful and very accommodating .
The car feels quite a bit faster, i am hitting 17psi in 3rd gear at 3.1k rpm with sport on!

however in 2nd gear it shows the boost between 12 and 14, but the car feels much faster than stock

The car just feels like it is flying in all the gears, and the power band seems much more linear.

I will finish up the powerchip review once i get the exhaust installed, however until then i definitely recommend the powerchip.

BTW- i would be more than happy to test out my powerchip turbo(with the exhaust going on soon) with any othere modded turbo in Los Angeles, Or in OC when i go down to BBI on thursday or so. PM me if interested

Last edited by sam12345; 11-20-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:41 AM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Wow I didn't know powerchip was still in business...

Old 11-17-2010, 04:36 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Powerchip? Hmmm.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:12 PM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
Yep they're still in business and running strong! (Just like my car lol ). Every friend of mine that has come in the car before and after the chip all freaked out when I did a 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th. (These friends had all been in my stock turbo countless times). Anyway, after I get the exhaust I'd be more than happy to take anyone that is considering powerchp for a spin to see how you like it. And again if anyone wants to test out there modded cars versus me...I'd be more than happy

Old 11-17-2010, 11:09 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Nice write-up Sam. Enjoy your newly found power and be safe!