997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Carrera White (Color)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Carrera White (Color)

Anyone have PPF on a Carrera White Car?

Does the film show on the car becasue the car is white?

My car will not be a DD and I plan on sealing it regularly to protect from the UV rays that discolor the flim.

Is white a mistake for a car that I plan to PPF 30-50% of the car?

I would love to hear from guys with Carrera white and PPF that have no issues. Also please tell me what film you are using and how long its been on the car.

Thanks very much!

Old 01-17-2011, 10:08 AM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
I have the same color and my installer used 3M. Personally, I do not like the film, I will probably have it redone. To much orange peel a slight yellowish color and the material is not large enough to do the hood in a single piece. I prefer the look of Venture to 3M but it is the only other type of film I have had. I know that there are several others on the market but these are the only two I have experienced.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
its Carrara White not Carrera White....the color is from Carrara marble

Carrara is a city and comune in the province of Massa-Carrara (Tuscany, Italy), notable for the white or blue-grey marble quarried there. It is on the Carrione River, some 100 kilometres (62 miles) west-northwest of Florence.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Psalm40 will become famous soon enoughPsalm40 will become famous soon enough
Learn something new everyday. I don't think I ever realized that there was an "a" instead of an "e".

Old 01-17-2011, 12:34 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I have clear film over my entire car except for the rear decklid, installed Oct 2009 by Premier, 10,000 miles ago. Most of the film looks as clear as the day installed, but there is a little yellowing/discoloration on the rear bumper. The rear bumper film color difference is noticeable mostly because of the contrast with the unprotected decklid. There is a lot of road dirt kicked up on the back of the car so the rear bumper film seems to take the most abuse. It does clean up pretty well, but it is not 100% perfect. I will probably replace the rear bumper film at some point. The edges of the film collected a bit of dirt in a few areas too but Premier trimmed the film a little in the problem areas and the problem was solved.

As a contrast, my wife has a Cayenne and the rear bumper is not covered. Her bumper has some nicks and minor pain damage which looks a lot worse than the slight color variation noticeable on my 997TT.

I will try to get some photos but it may be a while. Bottom line, the film was worthwhile for me and still looks very good. I suggest covering as much of the car as possible, using only a good installer, and taking good care of the film.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:11 PM
morecarl is on a distinguished road
Question

Originally Posted by sparkhill
I have clear film over my entire car except for the rear decklid, installed Oct 2009 by Premier, 10,000 miles ago. Most of the film looks as clear as the day installed, but there is a little yellowing/discoloration on the rear bumper. The rear bumper film color difference is noticeable mostly because of the contrast with the unprotected decklid. There is a lot of road dirt kicked up on the back of the car so the rear bumper film seems to take the most abuse. It does clean up pretty well, but it is not 100% perfect. I will probably replace the rear bumper film at some point. The edges of the film collected a bit of dirt in a few areas too but Premier trimmed the film a little in the problem areas and the problem was solved.

As a contrast, my wife has a Cayenne and the rear bumper is not covered. Her bumper has some nicks and minor pain damage which looks a lot worse than the slight color variation noticeable on my 997TT.

I will try to get some photos but it may be a while. Bottom line, the film was worthwhile for me and still looks very good. I suggest covering as much of the car as possible, using only a good installer, and taking good care of the film.
What is required as far as maintenance with this film? I typically use Zaino on my cars, not sure what is required for film though.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:03 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by morecarl
What is required as far as maintenance with this film? I typically use Zaino on my cars, not sure what is required for film though.
I don't claim to be the expert, but Premier sells a few products designed for the film. So besides regular washing, there is both a cleaner and a protectant for the film. I don't "wax" my film. I would chat with the guys at Premier as what I tell you will be second-hand information.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:09 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sparkhill

Thanks, what type of film did you use?

Old 01-17-2011, 06:17 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I have venture sheild for the full front and the doors. I got it 20k miles ago and have not put any of the proctectants they recommend, and there is no discoloration of any kind. You cant tell that it is there unless someone tells you it is and you look for it. Definitley dont get 3M if you dont want the yellowish tinge.