997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

anyone in Houston know this car ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:19 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John in Norcal
When I called Momentum, they were pretty forthcoming about the fact that the car had been modified and hence the reason they couldn't CPO it. But it would be good if someone who had actually seen the car could comment on the condition. There is only so much you could tell from photos.
Nothing is better than you seeing it in person - you could probably do it in a day trip using Southwest. Good luck - sounds like you're getting close!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:27 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
read about my experience buying my 997 TT from them...the worst experience i have ever had buying a car!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-houston.html

Old 05-01-2011, 09:38 AM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
haddoc, sounds like the after sales service was horrible but at least you are happy with your car.

jh, I agree that seeing the car in person would be ideal before buying. Just trying to get as much information and research done in advance prior to negotiating final price and possibly flying out there. Waiting on DME readout now.

I really didn't want to buy an out of town car to begin with but the selection of cars in the SF Bay Area is very, very limited.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:06 PM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by John in Norcal
haddoc, sounds like the after sales service was horrible but at least you are happy with your car.

jh, I agree that seeing the car in person would be ideal before buying. Just trying to get as much information and research done in advance prior to negotiating final price and possibly flying out there. Waiting on DME readout now.

I really didn't want to buy an out of town car to begin with but the selection of cars in the SF Bay Area is very, very limited.

i wouldnt dare give them any business or recommend them to anyone regardless of what i wanted...the treatment i received was disgraceful for a kia dealer let alone a porsche dealer selling a 6 figure car over the phone

Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
I was at the dealer the other day. The car looks clean and is currently on the raised display at the front of the dealership. I wasn't looking at it from a perspective buyer position just admiring a turbo. If you want I can swing by for a closer look for you later this week.