997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Steering Wheel Arrived

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:43 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks good!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:30 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
looks really sharp...congratz!

Old 04-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
I just ordered mine!

Old 04-16-2011, 10:48 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Is there a core exchange? Will it work with a multifunction wheel?

Old 04-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dyc1077
Is there a core exchange? Will it work with a multifunction wheel?
This wheel needs core exchange
We will make a new wheel for customer first, core exchange means customer just need to send the OEM wheel back to us after receive our new wheel, we have a shop in Mountain View, you can stop by and check our quality.

Regards

Ivan

Old 04-17-2011, 12:54 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Where in mountain view? Would love to see examples of configurations

Old 04-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dyc1077
Where in mountain view? Would love to see examples of configurations
Address in my signature~
1045 W. El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040

Old 05-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jmw911
Had Porsche dealer install it yesterday for $ 116.00. I think it really looks good. I think it will take a couple times driving to get use to thicker wheel but so far so good.
The wheel looks great!
How are you finding the molded grips and flat bottom?

I'm about to order one too but am wondering if I should get Ivan to go a bit thinner on the back side of the molded grips (see pic).
I'm wondering, are your fingers hitting the control arms (turn signals, ECU control, windshield wiper etc.) when turning the wheel or do you find there's enough clearance even with the thicker grip?

Appreciate any feed back.

Thanks!

Sid.

Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2011, 05:58 AM
jmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
The wheel looks great!
How are you finding the molded grips and flat bottom?

I'm about to order one too but am wondering if I should get Ivan to go a bit thinner on the back side of the molded grips (see pic).
I'm wondering, are your fingers hitting the control arms (turn signals, ECU control, windshield wiper etc.) when turning the wheel or do you find there's enough clearance even with the thicker grip?

Appreciate any feed back.

Thanks!

Sid.
I am finding that there is enough clearance between the wheel and switches. I haven't hit switches once. I do really like the contour of the wheel as it adds better grip. After having the wheel for a while I think I would like the wheel just a tad less thick. Not so much on the side where it is thickest but just above that, but its not enough to complain about. Have got many compliments on the wheel already. Speaking of the most thick part of the wheel, that is my most comfortable hand position for me now due to the thickness and contour. Guess it depends on your hand size. My hands are pretty big. My wife tried the wheel and thought it was too thick. Either way you go I think you will be pleased if you get a DCT wheel. Good luck and post up some pics when you get it.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jmw911
I am finding that there is enough clearance between the wheel and switches. I haven't hit switches once. I do really like the contour of the wheel as it adds better grip. After having the wheel for a while I think I would like the wheel just a tad less thick. Not so much on the side where it is thickest but just above that, but its not enough to complain about. Have got many compliments on the wheel already. Speaking of the most thick part of the wheel, that is my most comfortable hand position for me now due to the thickness and contour. Guess it depends on your hand size. My hands are pretty big. My wife tried the wheel and thought it was too thick. Either way you go I think you will be pleased if you get a DCT wheel. Good luck and post up some pics when you get it.
Thanks so much for the feedback, rep points coming your way.

Cheers!

Sid.