997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Thoughts on a new Tubi system and a few other goodies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
moonpool145 is on a distinguished road
Thoughts on a new Tubi system and a few other goodies

Gents:

Just thought I would share my experience on some new upgrades. Mine is a new (2011) 997.2TT with about 1500 miles on it. Some of you may remember my tale of a seized up motor a couple of months ago. Well, P made good and put in a new motor which was my real preference and I have to say that I love the car. As delivered I felt the car lacked in 2 distinct areas. Shifting, not the box but the long throws on the lever, and sound. So, I decided that after I got the car back I would fix those issues.

Well, I just got it back from the good folks at Champion where they installed a new short throw shift lever, Tubi street exhaust, headers and a chip. First the lever. FOR ME (YMMV) a STREET Porsche is not a Porsche without a six speed box. I recognize that the PDK is faster on the track but my car is not really for the track othere than an occasional track day. I just love being connected to the car which means I need the 3rd pedal and the lever. What a difference the new lever makes. Just awesome. For the money its one of the best upgrades you can do in my book.

I have read so much about the various pipes on the market I just did not know where to turn. So I decided to just let Champion install the Tubi because it's what they sell. Again, what an enormous difference. The sound at idle is definitely meaner and once spun up it sounds just phenomenal. The cool bit for me is that on the highway in 5th and low revs, the car is just a quiet inside as with the factory system. I am very happy with the sound balance. And as to the chip and exhaust together, it just transforms the car when you get on the gas. I was told that I should be close to 600hp, which I can't quantify other than the seat-o-thepantomammeter, which says its certainly a huge increase.

Bottom line is a great set of upgrades. Thanks Champion.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
It was a pleasure working on your car moon...it's a beauty.

I'm so glad you're happy with the results...the combo of mods you have makes for a perfect jump up from factory performance levels. If there's anything you ever need going forward, we're here for you.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Tom:

Since you asked and I am on here looking around at the moment I have a question. After you did the flash, I no longer have my Sat radio working. It shows "not activated". Is it possible that the flash de-activated the sat reciever?

Thanks Again

Old 03-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by moonpool145
Tom:

Since you asked and I am on here looking around at the moment I have a question. After you did the flash, I no longer have my Sat radio working. It shows "not activated". Is it possible that the flash de-activated the sat reciever?

Thanks Again
hmm, that's strange. The flash doesn't effect that at all. It was working before I assume?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Tubi makes a great exhaust product, excellent choice ! Oh and any pics of the exhaust installed ?

Last edited by Sleepy996; 03-31-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Tom:

It was working, but its probably Sirius. I will just call and reactivate. Not a problem, just curious.