997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Own 997.1 TT- Thoughts on 997.2 TT or 997.2 TT S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
gt2 or nothing ,

Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
I went with the non S TT

I looked long and hard and ultimately went with the non S PDK cab. I was able to get $9k off the price. They did not want to deal on the S model, which made the S model almost $30k more. I already had HRE p40's which I had them put on the car with the new tires of course. With the exception of the ceramic brakes, its a very similar car.

Meteor Gray cab.
840 - PDK 3-SpokeSportSW w/ShftPdls
686 - XM© Radio
640 - SportChrPkgTurbo-w/DynEngMount
220 - Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
342 - Heated Seats - Front
250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
541 - Seat Ventilation Front

Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Vic, before you give up your red porsche, mind if we meet up for a photoshoot?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:30 AM
BlackTTCab will become famous soon enoughBlackTTCab will become famous soon enough
Vic you have some sick cars.

Why not hold out and get something ***** to the wall.
Trade the Turbo and GTR(add 100k) and pick up a GT2 RS.
If you just trade the 997 turbo, im sure you'll have to add 100k for the turbo S as it is.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 AM
PwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud of
No, the S is absolutely not worth the $80-100k swap for performance/experience differential compared to your tastefully modded 997.1. If you were coming fresh into the turbo or from an older 996, then I would understand the appeal.

Are you perhaps just in a lull of boredom? Ever entertain a significant upgrade of either your GTR/997.1 to 800+HP level? The experience is quite special compared to stock 997.2/S.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Mini thread revival, I still havent made up my mind and the car is still available (the Non S) which means the price keeps going down!!!

Thanks for all the posts- I was hoping for someone with a non S who has done a tune to chime in... I know how strong the S is in stock format.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I was/am in the same boat. I have elected to keep my 07.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
I have a 6-speed non S. For what it is worth my salesman said he could not notice any seat of the pants power difference between the two.

If you must have PDK might as well go for the "S".

Old 06-07-2011, 09:42 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I've driven both, significantly more power in the s.
Wow, this is about the 4th thread on the subject. Very interesting.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vic55
Mini thread revival, I still havent made up my mind and the car is still available (the Non S) which means the price keeps going down!!!

Thanks for all the posts- I was hoping for someone with a non S who has done a tune to chime in... I know how strong the S is in stock format.
Chiming in.....

The turbo and turbo S will tune to the same level of power with an ECU tune. Basically, if you tune a turbo, you get in the region of say +70 CHP. The same tune for the turbo s will net you +40 CHP. You would arrive at the same point.

I raced a stock TTS in my tuned TT. I had no problem whatsoever repeatedly overtaking the TTS.

By the time I finished my stage 3 mods (Filter+EP Exhaust+Softronic Tune+ICS) I would easily walk a stock TTS. But then, that's no surprise.

Hope this helps.