997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Do NOT mix tire brands - personal experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
i've tried Pzero before.. longer lasting than PS2, little noisier, and handles ok, but feels harder than the PS2.
+1 on that 100% right im using Pzero now its noisier than the PS2 and it last twice the duration of the PS2 life cycle

Old 04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
had the same problem as u.. and so did many others.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...x-ps2-v12.html

i think the prob is the soft wall of the Hankook tires.. u can definitely feel it when the put pressure on it when cornering.

i would get the new PSSS.. or why not just get another PS2?

i've tried Pzero before.. longer lasting than PS2, little noisier, and handles ok, but feels harder than the PS2.
Crazycarlitos...thanks for chiming in. At least I know I am not going crazy and am getting a refund for the v12s. I had ordered a set of fronts to match but have canceled the order as that may not be the solution either.I think I am going to order some ps2s and call it a day. Who did you order yours from?

Last edited by TAILWAG; 04-25-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:20 PM
psoh is on a distinguished road
hk v12 evo

i just changed my two rear tires from potenzas to hk v12 evo and as explained above i immediately noticed this swaying, bus-like handling on highway driving as well as taking easy turns and getting on/off freeway ramps. My traction control had kicked in a few times and it does feel unsafe at times. It's been 500 miles now and although there is some improvement, the traction, feel of handling, and even suspension still doesn't feel like a performance car, in fact worse than a honda. I ordered rear potenzas this morning and i hope this will solve the problem.