Notices
997 Turbo / GT2 20062012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

Lowering a 997.2TT- Anyone done it?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Vic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond repute
Lowering a 997.2TT- Anyone done it?

I did a search and found one thread from SharkWerks where they installed TechArt springs for a 20mm drop but that was it. Anybody here dropped their 997.2TT or TT-S? What brand options- height drops?

Trying to see what spring options are out there. I dropped my 997.1TT on GMG's and they were quite favorable for a spring only option. I know Coils are optimal but at this time was just hoping for input on springs.

Thanks.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:18 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
I am thinking of doing the GMG springs as well. But since the .2 turbo has updated suspension I don't know if those springs for the .1 will be suitable.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Vic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond reputeVic55 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Chris View Post
I am thinking of doing the GMG springs as well. But since the .2 turbo has updated suspension I don't know if those springs for the .1 will be suitable.

apparently lowering the .2 is far and few between - Im looking at the TechArts right now--- 20mm drop seems reasonable

Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
apparently lowering the .2 is far and few between - Im looking at the TechArts right now--- 20mm drop seems reasonable
I really like how the GMG springs can be packaged with their sways for the .1
I don't really feel like changing my whole set up to after market coilovers either and I do track my car a handful of times a year too.

Maybe I will give them a buzz and see if they have something in the works for us.

Let me know how you like the TechArts

Old 06-22-2011, 09:08 PM
I really like how the GMG springs can be packaged with their sways for the .1
I don't really feel like changing my whole set up to after market coilovers either and I do track my car a handful of times a year too.

Maybe I will give them a buzz and see if they have something in the works for us.

Let me know how you like the TechArts

Will do, the local distributor is right here in Orange County so its a day or two and then off to Stuttgart Performance for the install!!

Old 06-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Platinum Dealer
Tom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys. You're right, the .1 and .2 cars use the same springs. We use H&R, which provide a 1.2" drop front and rear. That translates to just about 30mm. Especially on PASM cars, springs are a great option because you get the lowered ride (looks and handles better), and you also get to keep your factory PASM sport functions. We use H&R springs on just about every .1 and .2 turbo that comes through our doors. We've NEVER had an issue with them.

Here's a pic of a recent .2 TTS we did with H&R springs.

Champion Motorsport
3101 Center Port Circle
Pompano Beach, FL 33064

Phone: 954-946-2136 ext. 355
Fax: 954-941-0295
Email: [email protected]

www.championmotorsport.com | www.werksone.com

**Contact me directly for special 6Speed member pricing.**

Old 06-23-2011, 12:18 PM
/\/\5POWER is an unknown quantity at this point
Any before and after pics?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Platinum Dealer
Tom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by /\/\5POWER View Post
Any before and after pics?
Not of this same car, but here's a Turbo S we did last week, without lowering. It's a noticeable difference.

Champion Motorsport
3101 Center Port Circle
Pompano Beach, FL 33064

Phone: 954-946-2136 ext. 355
Fax: 954-941-0295
Email: [email protected]

www.championmotorsport.com | www.werksone.com

**Contact me directly for special 6Speed member pricing.**

Old 03-01-2019, 07:56 AM
B1x
B1x is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guys. You're right, the .1 and .2 cars use the same springs. We use H&R, which provide a 1.2" drop front and rear. That translates to just about 30mm. Especially on PASM cars, springs are a great option because you get the lowered ride (looks and handles better), and you also get to keep your factory PASM sport functions. We use H&R springs on just about every .1 and .2 turbo that comes through our doors. We've NEVER had an issue with them.

Here's a pic of a recent .2 TTS we did with H&R springs.

Hello,
Do your Champion H&R springs for 997.1 Turbo have any Issues with sagging over time?
Also
Are the the identical spring that H&R sells only branded and painted for Champion Motorsport?

Thank you for any help

Bill

Old 03-06-2019, 03:54 PM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
After reading all the reviews I installed Eibach lowering springs and a TPC DSC on my 2011 TTS. The ride is firmer and cornering is better. Watch out for bumps and parking barriers though. I would do it again.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:48 AM
993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute993Godspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I am installing Eibachs this coming week. Do you have pics of how it looks? I think I have just the 3/4 or 1/2 inch drop.