997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

NEW Orange Turbo S with some GMG World Challenge upgrades!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 10:48 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SKYKING
The wheels are OEM GT3RS wheels. Visited the dealer's website that has the car for sale.
I did not think the GT3RS wheels fit the late model Turbos.
Narrow body vs wide body fitment issue. The wheels really look good on the car.
GT3 is a Narrowbody, GT3RS is a widebody which is why it makes sense that they would fit the turbo assuming the offset is the same. Car looks fantastic though, that's for sure! Love to hear a sound clip.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:22 PM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Yes the wheels are GT3RS wheels- no issues with fitment as both cars are wide body.

In terms of the ride quality - many 6speeders have our springs and love them.
I feel that the ride quality is actually improved over the factory springs due to the
progressive rate design built into the spring.

We have them in stock if you would like to order a set.
so it's a spring compression, swap, and an alignment? No other parts/work needed? My TT is a daily driver so I'm pretty sensitive to fouling up the car's drivability.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake
so it's a spring compression, swap, and an alignment? No other parts/work needed? My TT is a daily driver so I'm pretty sensitive to fouling up the car's drivability.

Yes that's correct all you do is replace the springs and re-align, many customers also get the sway bars as they are a matched set but are not mandatory to install at the same time.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Yes that's correct all you do is replace the springs and re-align, many customers also get the sway bars as they are a matched set but are not mandatory to install at the same time.
from what I'm hearing, I'd like to buy the springs alone IF installing the springs doesn't ruin the geometry of the factory sway bars. If so, can I buy shorter links or is swapping out both bars the only option?

This might be a conversation better suited for a phone. I have quite a few questions. I might try calling you guys later this week. Anyone specifically I should talk with?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:43 PM
DTMHolic is on a distinguished road
That's beauty

Old 11-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake
from what I'm hearing, I'd like to buy the springs alone IF installing the springs doesn't ruin the geometry of the factory sway bars. If so, can I buy shorter links or is swapping out both bars the only option?

This might be a conversation better suited for a phone. I have quite a few questions. I might try calling you guys later this week. Anyone specifically I should talk with?

No problems with any geometry of the factory sway bar as the ratio where the bar mounts to the upright is not affected by the lowered spring.

Feel free to ask for myself when you call.