997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone Know this Blue 2007 TT (orginainally from Washington state) Techart Upgrades?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 03:26 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Anyone Know this Blue 2007 TT (orginainally from Washington state) Techart Upgrades?

I am looking at this 2007 midnight blue TT. The seller is a local small time dealer that took it in on trade 2 months ago. Dealer has a lot of high end cars like Bentley's, MB's etc. so it did not appear out of place.

The car appears to have Techart sideskirts as well as a rear Techart bumper and Fabspeed exhaust (older version). I have no idea what kind of wheels they are but tires are 20" Michelin Pilot Sport's. The car has 14,000 miles and looks to be in great shape. Dealer is asking $85k. See pics with the attached link.

http://modules01.dealercarsearch.com/usercontrols/largephotos.aspx?id=1245023

Here's the rub. The car has had 4 (yes four) previous owners! I am hoping someone recognizes this vehicle and can advise if the aftermarket parts are original Techart and what type of wheel these are. Curious to know if the ECU has been tuned as well and whether there were any problems with the car. VERY clean Carfax, other than 4 previous owners. I would be the 5th!

It is a tiptronic (the first one I have driven) and it didn't feel it was that fast. Granted the only thing I did was put it in "D" and go and I don't know how to best drive a tiptronic. Felt solid but not blazingly fast. I'm sure there are a few secrets to best launching a tip car.

Anyways, I would certainly get a PPI but I am curious if anyone can shed any light onto this vehicle and whether the aftermarket parts are quality, etc. Wheels look a little strange but the dealer claims they are $10k! I call BS but who knows?

Thanks,
Adam

Old 11-05-2011, 12:21 PM
BTW, there is a sticker on the side of the rear window that reads "CNC Autosports". I'm guessing they did some of the aftermarket work but Google did not provide much help other than some Facebook links, etc. They do not appear to have a website.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:48 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alevine
BTW, there is a sticker on the side of the rear window that reads "CNC Autosports". I'm guessing they did some of the aftermarket work but Google did not provide much help other than some Facebook links, etc. They do not appear to have a website.

just google techart distributor in Florida, CNC should come up then. They are a well known techart distributor

Old 11-07-2011, 09:18 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
I believe they are forgiato rims and they are pricey (personally I'd prefer a nice set of HRE's but to each is own)

Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by dinorocz
just google techart distributor in Florida, CNC should come up then. They are a well known techart distributor

Thanks. I found CEC in Florida but not CNC Autosports. Thanks for the lead though.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by cvprez
I believe they are forgiato rims and they are pricey (personally I'd prefer a nice set of HRE's but to each is own)

Yes, they do appear to be Forgiato Vizzo's! Awesome. Thanks. I too would much prefer HRE's instead.

Adam

Old 11-07-2011, 04:13 PM
I just can't get over the fact that the car has 4 previous owners. I would be the 5th. That is real strange to me that a 5 year old car of this caliber would already have 4 owners. My buddy thinks the car was damaged (thus the Techart side skirts and rear bumper) and the title was scrubbed. Why else would there be 4 owners already? Also, I assume the high # of owners will diminish the car's value.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Adam

Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Perhaps, but 4 owners to it must have been wrecked...is a stretch imo.
The original owner may have had a two yr lease, then it flipped btwn used car dealers for example. Many people go for the AM spoilers, etc, not a sign of body damage in a turbo.
Good hunting.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:54 AM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
Sometimes when someone moves, the carfax will think its a new owner other than a current owner relocating to a different state. Ive seen a few cars like this and it truely had 2 owners opposed to 3. Depends on the state

Old 11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RaminGTI20
Sometimes when someone moves, the carfax will think its a new owner other than a current owner relocating to a different state. Ive seen a few cars like this and it truely had 2 owners opposed to 3. Depends on the state
Yup, happened to me. Moved from FL to NJ and re-registered the car and I was the 2nd and 3rd owner.

To the OP, I think it's a stretch to say the title was scrubbed. If you like the car, get a PPI done and it should reveal the condition.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:18 PM
RED 997 is on a distinguished road
Are you looking specifically for that color or year?

Old 11-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by RED 997
Are you looking specifically for that color or year?

My preference would be white but I like the Techart upgrades and low miles. Why do you ask?

Adam

Old 11-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by RaminGTI20

Hmm, interesting. I did not know that. I will look into this a little more.

So if I am hearing everyone correctly the fact that it is a 4 owner car does not diminish the value?

Old 11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
OneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud of
Hmm, interesting. I did not know that. I will look into this a little more.

So if I am hearing everyone correctly the fact that it is a 4 owner car does not diminish the value?
It will diminish the value.

Wait for a white one. I bought a silver one and ended up buying a white one right afterwards because I still really wanted that color. It's a big purchase, do it right.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:16 PM
RED 997 is on a distinguished road
My preference would be white but I like the Techart upgrades and low miles. Why do you ask?

Adam
I just traded in my 2008, GT Silver, Black interior, 14K miles, beautiful car, no issues, at a local dealer.