997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Thoughts on 2009TT @ Rusnak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
SethW is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 512bb
If it's the car I am thinking of, the wheels are quite cheap (so figure a good money layout for wheels and tires). Also, I think the calipers are painted yellow, even though the car does not have PCCB. If you like the car, and it checks out mechanically, negotiate very hard to bring the price down.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I have learned that Calipers are red...photographer not ansel adams!

Old 01-13-2012, 02:58 PM
DVDT is infamous around these parts
Even Ansel Adams would be hard pressed to show the difference in black and white! Car looks great. Agree try to get the OEM wheels/tires or more price credit (are the new ones 20 inch?)

Old 01-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Handshake on price. Waiting on DME and CPO results. Found wheels from a 6speeder to put on the car, thus allowing this to be a CPO car!!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:35 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Sweet congrats Seth hope it all checks out. You will not miss the chase once it's in your garage, well maybe a little

Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I can certainly not talk for others but My Easycare Total Care paid for everything I ever asked during the 6 years of coverage. Even when not serviced at the dealer.

Ignition switch (broke)
maf
brand new hydraulics for the wing (TWICE in 18 months)
Clutch slave

all known 996 issues.

One thing I will add. IMO a satisfied customer isn't likely to post anything anywhere. Someone who feels like they were wronged (wether they were correct or not) is much more likely to. You have to consider that with EVERYTHING you read on the internet.

Originally Posted by AriS4
After reading your post .. kinda got excited and googled them ... first link is them .. the rest of the links on the first page is bashing them ... soo not so sure ?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Congrats Seth!!!

It's always fun buying a new car!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 PM
OK, I got the DME! It has one level 3. I think this means I am good to go. Can you folks confirm that for me??

She looks like she has a lot of operating hours...looks like a hell of a lot of stop and go traffic to me, and a recent rev by the mechanic!

Am I reading well?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf

Last edited by SethW; 01-13-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:41 PM
That looks great to me. some tuners have been know to set the rev limiter as high as 7600!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...dme-scans.html

These are tough motors and basically you have zero range 3 plus. I would buy with confidence (at least as far as the DME is concerned).

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 01-13-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Great looking car. Love the white, might be a little biased. Not over optioned. Do the due diligence and if it is clean congrats. Best of luck.
JS

Old 01-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks Jersey. Here is the build sheet. Just enough!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2009 997 TT Build Sheet.pdf (80.5 KB, 82 views)
Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Perfect Seth. Good luck. Send in pics if you pull the trigger.
JS

Old 01-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Seth-

Good work getting the wheels to allow CPO. DME looks great. Everything looks in order so go get your car!!

G/L.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:12 AM
TheCarDudes is infamous around these parts
Seth,

I saw the car late yesterday. It looks fantastic. Congrats on the purchase.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:10 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SethW
OK, I got the DME! It has one level 3. I think this means I am good to go. Can you folks confirm that for me??

She looks like she has a lot of operating hours...looks like a hell of a lot of stop and go traffic to me, and a recent rev by mechanic

Am I reading well?
Yes you've read it well
Don't be concerned with the total hours and yes it does look like someone either a mechanic or a potential customer added to the overrevs. Either way I would move forward with the purchase

Old 01-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by eurotom
Yes you've read it well
Don't be concerned with the total hours and yes it does look like someone either a mechanic or a potential customer added to the overrevs. Either way I would move forward with the purchase
thanks! Just working out the payment and pickup. Flight booked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on 2009TT @ Rusnak