997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Thoughts on 2009TT @ Rusnak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 PM
SethW will become famous soon enough
Thoughts on 2009TT @ Rusnak

Hey all, I would post a link to this car, but I think its against the rules. Its a 2009 white TT with black interior at Rusnak Westlake. Following build details

Black Full Leather Thicker Leather Steering Wheel Foot Rest Aluminum Metal Door Sill Model Insignia Heated Front Seats Bluetooth Phone Interface Sport Chrono Package Turbo XM Radio Floor Mats in Interior Color Universal Audio Interface Porsche Crest in Headrest Red Taillights Parking Assist System Side Skirts in Exterior Color Steering Wheel Smooth Leather Exterior Package Painted

While I "thought" I wanted the adaptive sports seats, today I sat in both seats back to back and I actually prefer the standard seats. Go figure.

The car is not CPO. It has aftermarket wheels. I would prefer CPO, but this car only has 10K miles on it. I'm not going to buy w/o a DME or paint meter (dealer has been very accomodating so far). The dealer has come down very substantially on the price.

Would welcome thoughts on this dealer and also welcome how to do a PPI on this car? Have them drive it somehwere? Send someone over?

Thanks, advice welcome.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 PM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SethW
While I "thought" I wanted the adaptive sports seats, today I sat in both seats back to back and I actually prefer the standard seats. Go figure.
The sports seats look better and they were a must for me but when i bought the car they felt weird. I could't get used to them in the first week, the center part felt small for my back but i got used to them and now they feel very comfortable.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Nice color combo...

Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Looks like a nice car! IMO get a long term Easy-care warranty. 6-7 years. Covers as much or more than CPO. I had a great experience. And if you buy right before your warranty runs out, the car will be covered til 2019-2020!!!

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 01-13-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 AM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
Looks like a nice car! IMO get a long term Easy-care warranty. 6-7 years. Covers as much or more than CPO. I had a great experiencing. And if you buy right before your warranty runs out, the car will be covered til 2019-2020!!!

After reading your post .. kinda got excited and googled them ... first link is them .. the rest of the links on the first page is bashing them ... soo not so sure ?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:30 AM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
Seth, few comments...

DME
I would have the current dealership run the DME for free, which will get you 1/2 way there. It's a quick test they can run.

PPI
Yes you could take it to another dealership if there is one close by, for the most objective inspection, but not 100% sure it's needed in this case. The car is still under warranty, so if anything was drastically wrong it would have been replaced, or still covered. I would give it a detailed visual inspection for how the car was cared for (condition of the leather, scrapes on the paint, noises when you drive the car, etc), and ask for a complete service history (oil changes, etc).

I'm biased to the year 2009, but big reason is because it's the one year that combines the new interior technology with the full dry sump engine (engine is way overbuilt ).

Seats
My first test drive in the adaptive sport seats I wasn't a huge fan of the feeling on my shoulders, but after a few more rides I love them and would have nothing else. Completely evolved my opinion. I think of them as a lego piece the driver can just "click" into to stop all movement when driving. But it can all depend on the size/shape of the driver, and how locked in they want to be when driving.

Enjoy the seaching/buying process. All the best.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Seth-

Looks nice a nice car and with a little negotitating off the ask, you should be okay with the price.

As to the seats, my brother in law has a 2009 Turbo Cab with the regular seats and they are more than adaquate for daily use IMO, but I do recall a prior thread where you mentioned you would be doing some track events. Big difference in the seats for this purpose. At the end of the day, it's really hard to find the "perfect" car (unless you ordered to your spec) and you might need to forego an option of 2. Only you can decide if the seats are a deal breaker. For me, the seats were a must and I also think it helps resale as it's a popular option.

Can/will the dealer add CPO? If dealer does not have to change tires or breaks, CPO should be no more than 2,500-3,000. I think Porsche charges +/- $2,200 to certify. It looks like this car has about 1.5 years of warranty (6/2013 guess from Carfax). Is this enough?

As to the PPI, take it off site. Ask the dealer to drive it to your preferred place. IMO a proper PPI cannot be performed at the dealer by a third party.

What's the deal with the wheels? Can they get the OE wheels? Do you want them?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car! EasyCare is one of the best aftermarket warranties around. Go fo the Total Care policy if you can.

good luck!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys. I think I would likely get used to the sport seats, but up until now I have made them a "must have" and I can't justify that.

Totally hear you all on the DME. For sure 100%.

Will update after more conversation today.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Nice car! EasyCare is one of the best aftermarket warranties around. Go fo the Total Care policy if you can.

good luck!
What does an Easycare warranty cost?

Old 01-13-2012, 08:41 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
If it's the car I am thinking of, the wheels are quite cheap (so figure a good money layout for wheels and tires). Also, I think the calipers are painted yellow, even though the car does not have PCCB. If you like the car, and it checks out mechanically, negotiate very hard to bring the price down.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:32 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
What does an Easycare warranty cost?
Recently bought a Fidelity Platinum plan for my '07 TT with 16K miles for $3400 for 5/60 and it is an exclusion type.

Easy care for the same car for 4/48 was $5800

I would say both are class A+ warranties so which ever one is cheaper and offers longer coverage, go for that one.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
http://rusnak-westlake.porschedealer...80456/info.php

I assume you looked at the other white TT they have. No likey?

Old 01-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Michael_s
http://rusnak-westlake.porschedealer...80456/info.php

I assume you looked at the other white TT they have. No likey?
Yeah, the other one has manual sport seats. I can't fathom the idea of manual adjustmetn and no seat bottom angle/rake. I sat in a set of these, and I felt like I was in a cross between a GT3 and a Honda Civic. Too weird for a luxury GT car.

No offense to those who love this option.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:23 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Yeah, the other one has manual sport seats. I can't fathom the idea of manual adjustmetn and no seat bottom angle/rake. I sat in a set of these, and I felt like I was in a cross between a GT3 and a Honda Civic. Too weird for a luxury GT car.

No offense to those who love this option.
I didn't think I'd like the manual seats either, but since I'm the only driver any adjustment is moot. I drive 50 miles a day (6' 1", 215) and I'm very comfortable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on 2009TT @ Rusnak