997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Power potential of a 997.1TT with bolt on parts...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Jdmuscle is on a distinguished road
Power potential of a 997.1TT with bolt on parts...

Hello Gents... I am wondering what a 997.1TT is capable of with bolt on parts without changing the turbos or any involving modifications.

For instance, I am looking for what can this car do with the following parts:
- Exhaust
- Tune
- Headers
- Intake
- Other minor things that can increase the power potential without breaking the bank.

Please pardon me if this topic has been discussed many many times before ... I searched and didn't come across the information I am looking for.

Thank you much in advance for your information.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:25 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
without touching the turbos close to 600awhp has been achieved, and that is with driveability indistinguishable from stock and on pump fuel

Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 will become famous soon enough
Flash only is enough to make you sell the Supra : )

...i did!

Old 01-23-2012, 06:22 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by SpoolnV8
Flash only is enough to make you sell the Supra : )

...i did!

Haha... I would never!! Too many years with the Supra!! Just dumped 25k in that thing!! She is Carrara white now with more power to match it's fast looks!!

Thanks a lot for the feedback gents... So the stock block can make this power without any issues? Are there any weak links? Can the stock clutch take the abuse of a full bolt on car for runs in Mexico on weekend nights??

Old 01-23-2012, 09:14 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jdmuscle
Can the stock clutch take the abuse of a full bolt on car for runs in Mexico on weekend nights??
Someone can correct if I'm wrong, but I think the OEM clutch can handle somewhere in the 550-570ish TQ. You may want to do a search for this as I remember one of the moderators mentioning it before.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jdmuscle
Haha... I would never!! Too many years with the Supra!! Just dumped 25k in that thing!! She is Carrara white now with more power to match it's fast looks!!

Thanks a lot for the feedback gents... So the stock block can make this power without any issues? Are there any weak links? Can the stock clutch take the abuse of a full bolt on car for runs in Mexico on weekend nights??
jd

Did the same with mine. Def had over $50k into mine. But happy its gone!

Stock Porsche engines have been known to make 1000whp/tq
No one rides out like that though. I think there has been a few members who DD 750-800whp without issues. Rods are needed to use that 1000whp daily but is wayyyy more expensive to do than most cars.

Stock clutch will slip with just a flash under load in high gear. The stock damper on the clutch pedal sucks to modulate and after swapping the slave cylinder to the GT2 style (NO damper) I think the clutch will actually hold the extra torque of the flash.

Bobby

Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 AM
mikegr is on a distinguished road
I know a guy with a 1000hp 9ff...He got really happy when he get rid of it. Just a tranny replacement cost him 65.000$

Old 01-24-2012, 01:41 AM
onurleft will become famous soon enough
If your worried a 997TT can't be an easy monster, then worry not.

They've run 9's with the motors untouched inside and these 700-800hp+ DD stories on all stock internals are no myth. It just takes a fat amount of cash to do it

Even in the great world of Mexico racing, this car has NOTHING but bolt on parts

Old 01-24-2012, 05:32 AM
^^ wow that run is impressive!! So, from seeing the video it looks like this person drives it all the time. What type of mods get a 997 to that level? I think I would be happy with a mid 10sec car... My Z06 was a mid 10 sec car and that's what I'm looking to replace.

Spoolnv8... In total I have about 90k into the car besides what I spent in the last four months. I'm replacing the gapping hole the Z06 created in my garage when I sold it a few months ago....

Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 AM
By the way... Spoolnv8... That dark blue/red combo is killer!! Another thing is.. I recently painted my Supra Carrara white.. And that is my favorite color in the 997, now I really don't want two cars in the same color but it seems like there are a million different combinations of colors out there and I want to keep the colors in a safe side when time comes to sell it!!

Plus, I don't see any Carrara white 07 for sale at all.. Is that a 08 n up color?

Old 01-24-2012, 07:16 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
there are many mid 10 second cars here that did not cost a fortune in mods. For a 10-second car you are going to need at least a Sachs stage 2.5 clutch which retains a completely stock feel. The pressure plate is the only part that is changed and it allows over 900 nm torque. My wife drops the kids off in after crawling thru 1 mile of stop and go car pool traffic without issues (she does not have East German Olympic Speed Skater thighs). The 997tt is one of the few platforms that allows you to have your cake and eat it too.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:27 AM
^^ now that is a testimonial that I like to hear!!! In the Z06 world all it took was a drag radial, intake, headers and exhaust to go 10s for an average driver... what are the norms in terms of modifications to get one of these into the realm of 10s for an average driver (me)....

Guys, one more thing I was very worried about was the forum support and the people that owned them... from the looks of it... It seems like I have nothing to worry about.. you guys seem like a very helpful set of guys that will chime in when in need of knowledge!!! Thank you much for that!!

Old 01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
In my opinion, the turbo boards on 6speed are the most active and helpful of all the automotive sites I belong to. Help and information are always just a few key strokes away.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 AM
mikegr is on a distinguished road
especially as far as concern upgrades. Probably the fastest 996/997 Turbo forum!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Power potential of a 997.1TT with bolt on parts...