997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Off the dealer floor and straight to Shark Werks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Off the dealer floor and straight to Shark Werks

This brand new (only 50 miles on the odometer) white 6speed 2011 Turbo came into us straight from the dealer floor for an upgrade in the aural department. The Shark Werks exhaust was installed to give the 3.8L DFI engine a "proper" sound.

In she comes...

Off with the bumper cover:

And a few more parts:

And now ready to fit the Shark Werks unit:

On she goes (and a few pounds lighter as well):

Secured to the factory mounts:

Fits under the bumper cover so you don't see anything hanging below:

And the stock tips are installed just the same as before:

Ready to be broken-in and enjoyed!

Nobody would know the difference except that she sounds like this...

Old 01-25-2012, 06:57 PM
unterdruck is just really niceunterdruck is just really niceunterdruck is just really niceunterdruck is just really nice
That is a beatiful car. I enjoyed looking at that one during visits to Steven's Creek Porsche. Very nice.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Sladep has a spectacular aura aboutSladep has a spectacular aura aboutSladep has a spectacular aura about
Sharky, love your new mascot in this video! Clever.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
It's amazing to watch these S's launch.

Ken

Old 01-26-2012, 10:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unterdruck
That is a beatiful car. I enjoyed looking at that one during visits to Steven's Creek Porsche. Very nice.
That is a nicely optioned one- the interior is pretty sweet.

Originally Posted by Sladep
Sharky, love your new mascot in this video! Clever.
Haha glad you like it. I got it from the Monterey Bay Aquarium last year

Originally Posted by floridaBMW
It's amazing to watch these S's launch.

Ken
hey ken, it really is something... They shoot out like a bat out of hell. A lot of fun

Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Sounds Fantastic!!! Congrats on bring to market your new exhaust. What wheels did you install on that car?

Old 01-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome indeed.

Boring question: when someone with a new or nearly new Porsche gets a Sharkwerks exhaust upgrade, do they box up the stock parts and keep them just in case a future owner might want to go back to stock? Or do the stock parts go immediately to the recycle bin? Once I had this done, I doubt that I'd ever go back.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Slik560
Awesome indeed.

Boring question: when someone with a new or nearly new Porsche gets a Sharkwerks exhaust upgrade, do they box up the stock parts and keep them just in case a future owner might want to go back to stock? Or do the stock parts go immediately to the recycle bin? Once I had this done, I doubt that I'd ever go back.
Thanks mate and not a boring question at all. We usually pack it up and it either rides back with the car or we ship it down to them. Depends on how much luggage is in there car. It's worth keeping for the next owner etc...

Originally Posted by M3 S3-R
Sounds Fantastic!!! Congrats on bring to market your new exhaust. What wheels did you install on that car?
Thanks Marco I'll have to rev one near you in person some point In terms of the wheels right now those are factory Turbo II wheels but there _might_ be some new ones in the werks!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:52 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent. So clean.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Timmynopi is infamous around these parts
Mine just arrived today. Its in Cantech automotive in Syracuse getting install. Cant wait for the new tune!!!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:04 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Since I've never seen a Sharkwerks video before now I was completely surprised by the toy shark at the end.
I love people who can make fun of themselves.
It must be a cool place to work.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by PT Doc
Excellent. So clean.
Danke!
Originally Posted by Timmynopi
Mine just arrived today. Its in Cantech automotive in Syracuse getting install. Cant wait for the new tune!!!
Cool beans and let me know
Originally Posted by ice350
Since I've never seen a Sharkwerks video before now I was completely surprised by the toy shark at the end.
I love people who can make fun of themselves.
It must be a cool place to work.
LOL thanks for noticing and getting who we are. A couple of old ones from a few years ago

Old 01-28-2012, 03:48 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
So the 997.2 exhausts are modular? That is a great lower cost option for that car. The exhaust sounds great too - like the older Cargraphic louds. Great work Alex!

Old 01-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
So the 997.2 exhausts are modular? That is a great lower cost option for that car. The exhaust sounds great too - like the older Cargraphic louds. Great work Alex!
Roger that! Especially important to keep it smog legal for Cali

Thanks and it's got a decent growl to it!

Old 01-29-2012, 11:58 PM
mozhacker is infamous around these parts
Does your exhaust carry a warranty?

I see some aftermarkets do and some don't. Didn't see info on your website.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Off the dealer floor and straight to Shark Werks