997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Installed Painted Rear Center Console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:58 PM
911t-gts will become famous soon enough
Installed Painted Rear Center Console

Recently completed installation of GT Silver center console and leather front shift console trim. Already several informative posts on this topic so will just post some before and after shots...

2nd angle...

drivers side...

Also, a quick thanks to Eric, the chief plug guy, for all his help...

Old 03-14-2012, 08:48 PM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
Very nice!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:48 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Sweeeeeet!

Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Looks good you should consider painting the seat backs if you have sport seats ,it really makes the car pop when you walk up or drive up from behind .I dressed up my interior with a Techart wheel ,Rennline pedal set passenger & drivers side & had silver seat belts installed & my seat backs painted & center console painted ,& it really brightened up an otherwise very black interior ,but they didn't paint my ashtray or the piece under the brake handle & it's bugged me ever since.Did you opt to not paint the piece under the brake handle & what is the switch next to the brake do i don't have that either.

Attached Images    

Last edited by twturbo; 03-15-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:25 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Looks fantastic! Congratulations.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
rbservice will become famous soon enough
TWTurbo: Who painted and installed your seat backs? and how much? They look great.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
dailydriver will become famous soon enough
What prep is required to paint the seat backs? On the 996 they are coated in almost a rubberized paint. Can they just be sanded and sprayed or is there other prep needed?

Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 PM
911t-gts will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by twturbo
Looks good you should consider painting the seat backs if you have sport seats ,it really makes the car pop when you walk up or drive up from behind .I dressed up my interior with a Techart wheel ,Rennline pedal set passenger & drivers side & had silver seat belts installed & my seat backs painted & center console painted ,& it really brightened up an otherwise very black interior ,but they didn't paint my ashtray or the piece under the brake handle & it's bugged me ever since.Did you opt to not paint the piece under the brake handle & what is the switch next to the brake do i don't have that either.
All of the pieces were painted when I received the new console. I think the cars that have the painted console option from the factory have a black ebrake insert so I was originally going to stay with black. I actually now have the painted insert installed as I had to make a decision on which to send back with the core exchange. They both look good, but I figured it would be easier to get another stock black one if I wanted to swap back.

The switch next to the ebrake is for the convertible top.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:55 PM
unterdruck is just really niceunterdruck is just really niceunterdruck is just really niceunterdruck is just really nice
That looks good. I really like that shift ****.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Ok convertible ,well thats why i don't have that switch

rbservice i had my seat backs painted at The Speed Gallery on Ventura Blvd not sure of price as i had a bunch of things done but i wanna say $600 Dan did i great job but forgot to paint my ashtray on center console.

dailydriver theres no coating that i'm aware of on the 997 sport seat backs just a light sand & paint i believe ,i makes a huge difference when see your car from behind

Last edited by twturbo; 03-15-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
These things look soooo much better in the car then sitting on our shop shelf....but I always admire them when they finish, then when you guys take shots like these. Awesome interior.

Thanks for the business.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Hildegard52 is on a distinguished road
Looks good you should consider painting the seat backs if you have sport seats

Old 03-16-2012, 12:51 AM
PAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nice
very good!!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
dailydriver will become famous soon enough
I keep kicking around the idea of painting my seat backs but have been hesitant... Maybe that will be my spring project.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:04 AM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
Here is mine... Love it!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Installed Painted Rear Center Console