997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New member, question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Boeing Driver is on a distinguished road
New member, question

Hi guys I am looking for an 07 turbo. I have found a couple cars that i like but they do not have the sport seats. Other 997tt owners have told me they would not buy this car without them. Whats your opinion??? I would hate to spend this much on a car and then wish down the road that I had this or that option. Do you think sport seats are a must???

If anyone is planning on putting their turbo up for sale let me know please!!!!
Im looking for Guards Red or Atlas Grey or some sort of Blue or Silver (in that order of preferance) with preferrably less than 30,000 miles and Manual trans.

Thanks

Last edited by Boeing Driver; 04-18-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:35 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
The only way you're going to find out whether you like sports seats is to sit in one - why would you care what I think about them (but if you do, I like the way they feel - 6'2" 220lbs). Go to a dealer and try the various seats.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Atlas Grey is beautiful! Are you looking for the Sport Adaptive seats? If so, they are fantastic on the track, street, and long drives!

My Atlas Grey:

Better shot of the metallic in the sun:

Last edited by Doc GTO; 04-18-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Just traded in my 2008 with AWE 700 kit and HRE p40 in meteor grey, adaptive seats in Colorado Springs Porsche Dealership. Check it out, great car.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:06 PM
dlrbnkr will become famous soon enough
Why did you trade in your 2008 for the 2012 997 TTS?

Old 04-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Difficult question to answer, both cars are so different. One is great technology with the PDK, all the other tweaks done over the last several years. The other car is more brutal, incredible power, and more involved with driving. I would love to have both, but 3 porsches is plenty. The turbo S is a more comfortable daily driver, and I go back and forth on the PDK. I do like the feeling that any drag race I encounter should be an *** kicking. I encountered a very good deal on a used TTS with 500 miles that I couldn't refuse. I love my 08, had it longer than any other car I have purchased, and it is tweaked very well.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:20 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Botox
Difficult question to answer, both cars are so different. One is great technology with the PDK, all the other tweaks done over the last several years. The other car is more brutal, incredible power, and more involved with driving. I would love to have both, but 3 porsches is plenty. The turbo S is a more comfortable daily driver, and I go back and forth on the PDK. I do like the feeling that any drag race I encounter should be an *** kicking. I encountered a very good deal on a used TTS with 500 miles that I couldn't refuse. I love my 08, had it longer than any other car I have purchased, and it is tweaked very well.
I was in COS over the weekend and was supposed to meet Brian to see that car - but my schedule didn't allow...plus I really like my 08 TT. Sounds like you got a good deal - congrats. Did you get any grief over the mods on the trade??

Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Some, but all the mods are very well done. Suspension and satellite radio were done at the dealership, the rest are all bolt ons. I have a good relationship with the dealership, this is my fourth car. The TTS is very well done, same color, great car as well.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
To the OP...

If you find a vehicle you love that has all the features you want excluding the adaptive sports seats I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker.

They are very nice seats indeed but so too are the other option. Buying used I'd be more concerned about the condition inside and out, mileage, etc. I've seen adaptives for sale on here for 2k at various times; you could always go that route should you find a car you like without them.

As you're finding out, there is some timing/luck that needs to happen along the way. There was a silver 6spd w/adaptives @ ~12k miles in awesome condition (IMO) on here for several months. I know he just traded it though.

Enjoy the search!