997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Goodies @ SharkWerks: RSS Performance Engine Mounts Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VID997
^^^ DOC, I think you'll really like these. Just spent Sunday at Laguna and set my best time to date with these bad boys in place. Second session of the day no less. Unfortunately, I corded the outside of my front right tire during session two....might need to re-evaluate my alignment when running my R6's. The rears are wearing nice an even across the surface, however my front are serious worn on the outside edges.
I'm sure I will! My next event is at VIR so I want them in before then.

Hoosiers like a lot of negative camber so at least -2.6 to -3.0 in the front. What are your alignment specs?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
^^^ Hmmm...not sure. Champion originally set my car up when I took delivery of it. Its been doing fine with street tires, Pirelli's, MPSC's, and RE-11's. They tend to only wear on the inside rears toward the end of their life span (5,600-7,500 miles). My car mostly sees track use. During the week it runs small errands around town 8-24 miles per outing.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Hmmm...not sure. Champion originally set my car up when I took delivery of it. Its been doing fine with street tires, Pirelli's, MPSC's, and RE-11's. They tend to only wear on the inside rears toward the end of their life span (5,600-7,500 miles). My car mostly sees track use. During the week it runs small errands around town 8-24 miles per outing.
If you plan to use Hoosiers then you may want to throw the car on an alignment rack to at east get the data.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:30 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
^^^ DOC...got the goods today!

WOW! RSS sure puts out some incredible products!

These are simply amazing in person. Can't wait to get these installed and tested at Laguna next weekend!

The quality and craftsmanship is just insane. The same can be said for their engine mounts.

THANKS Mike!

Old 06-17-2012, 05:52 PM
^^^ DOC...got the goods today!

WOW! RSS sure puts out some incredible products!

These are simply amazing in person. Can't wait to get these installed and tested at Laguna next weekend!

The quality and craftsmanship is just insane. The same can be said for their engine mounts.

THANKS Mike!

Oh yeah! The RSS motor mounts were works of art! We had them in within an hour. Easy to do. Throttle response is like a fricken laser now! I will try them out at VIR last weekend of June! Big thanks to Alex for getting them to me ASAP.

This is the driver's side going in:

Old 06-17-2012, 06:32 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Alex,

Any way I can replace my Dynamic Engine mounts with these on my .2?
I'm assuming if they did fit my dash would light up with an error?

Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by TT Chris
Alex,

Any way I can replace my Dynamic Engine mounts with these on my .2?
I'm assuming if they did fit my dash would light up with an error?
If you have dynamics you already have the best of both worlds. I'd keep them.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:37 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Quick question: do these fit non GT/Turbo cars? The SW site doesn't list these cars as compatible, so thought I'd check.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
OK, just answered my own question: YES

http://rss.rpmware.com/rss/rss_performance_engine_mounts/624/i-533242.aspx

Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
It could be just me but I don't feel a difference with Sport Mode on or off. No difference on the track or on the street. I don't like replacing good OEM parts but for the price of these RSS ones I wouldn't mind giving them a try.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Ok, before I order I have a quick question regarding installation. In the install DIY, it demonstrates jacking the car up by the crankcase to hold the weight of the engine in order to loosen/tighten the mounts. But in the 997.2 DFI cars, that crankcase location isn't available. Does anyone have a good point to use to jack up the car via the engine on a DFI car?

Here is the image of the GT3 being jacked via crankcase:

And here is a SharkWerks image of the underside of a DFI car:

Where should I jack the DFI car for the engine mount install?

Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 AM
DaBrat will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Really? I thought a 997.2 with dynamic mounts will still benefit from these. No? Reason I ask is I am ordering them and now I'm wondering if I ordered something I don't need.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:02 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
I would imagine that they would make a difference over the 997.2 dynamic mounts, although certainly not as much as over the sloppy 997.1 hydraulic mounts.

There is a weight saving - not a lot, but a few lbs never the less (and it's above the center of of gravity)... but now I maybe pulling a straws

The crux of the matter is that there are no RSR race cars that use the dynamic mounts - all of them go solid. Either way, I'd be curious for the experts to chime in

Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 AM
DaBrat will become famous soon enough
Mine just arrived in the mail. Will try them out and let you guys know.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by DaBrat
Really? I thought a 997.2 with dynamic mounts will still benefit from these. No? Reason I ask is I am ordering them and now I'm wondering if I ordered something I don't need.
Originally Posted by pureporsche
I would imagine that they would make a difference over the 997.2 dynamic mounts, although certainly not as much as over the sloppy 997.1 hydraulic mounts.

There is a weight saving - not a lot, but a few lbs never the less (and it's above the center of of gravity)... but now I maybe pulling a straws

The crux of the matter is that there are no RSR race cars that use the dynamic mounts - all of them go solid. Either way, I'd be curious for the experts to chime in

I could be wrong so hopefully Alex jumps in. Is the dynamic mounts the same type used in the GT3RS setup? If so, I would think that the factory setup is a nice blend of both. No doubt, these mounts would be stiffer all the time then the dynamics and if that is not an issue, then they are a nice addition and do offer weight savings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Goodies @ SharkWerks: RSS Performance Engine Mounts Released