997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

StopTech ? anyone ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
I also got GT Brembo brakes on one of my rides since they first came out,no problem whatsoever,Brembo kit are my first choice, StopTech for the price they perform well, they are others better and worse.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Depends on your purpose. Brembo is a bigger name. We sell & have installed both. Stop Tech has a more solid pedal feel. If you want the name, to spend the money for the "name" & have better braking then Brembo is your solution. StopTech works just as good with a firmer pedal feel for a better value. The look of the Trophy Kit from Stop Tech gives a very sporty look with it's special finish plus lighter calipers and hats for a comparable price to Brembo GT. Another more cost effective solution is to replace the rotors to GiroDisc which increases the rotor diameter, lowers the rotational mass with the aluminum hat and improve the pad compound to one that suits your needs.

Choice 1. Performance with the most stopping power - Trophy BBK with slotted rotors, it wins races

Choice 2. Performance with the most recognized brand - Brembo

Choice 3. Increased Performance and save money - Giro Disc

Old 06-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
The difference in prices other than the"name" is the source of manufacture is China (StopTech) vs. the World (Brembo).

Old 06-05-2012, 01:07 AM
mike4s has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Can the 330 mm front disks of the 996TT be replaced with bigger ones,350 mm without changing the calipers?Whould this improve braking?

Last edited by mike4s; 06-05-2012 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:59 AM
bumperpip is on a distinguished road
A minor point....IIRC, Brembo, contracted by Porsche, jointly developed/develops both the big red brakes and PCCBs. Much like Bilsteins OEM PASM coilovers, the resultant pieces are Porsche-specific, and the contractor (Brembo, in this case) is free to develop and sell after-market bits he believes to be superior to the jointly developed OEM parts.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sonny
The difference in prices other than the"name" is the source of manufacture is China (StopTech) vs. the World (Brembo).
StopTechs are made in California, having been to their facility I've watched an entire BBK be produced here in the states. I documented it on our blog that you can see below.

http://blog.titanmotorsports.com/?p=3730

I've had a Brembo Kit on one of my Porsches, Stoptech on another (as well as pretty much every other car I've owned) and I've never had a problem with the quality of StopTech's upgrades. They have a great pedal feel and a huge variety of pad options available. Pad swaps are a breeze which is great for those who dual purpose the car for both street and track and want to swap pads for the weekends.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We run Stoptech on our World Challenge cars and have been involved in the development of the Porsche systems since day 1.

Stoptech has a quality product that will enhance the braking performance of your Porsche.

We run them on the race cars and have had no issues, infact one of the advantages we have had is in brake performance due to the Stoptech brake kits..

If you need more info please let me know I am happy to answer any questions or shed some light on the topic.

In the meantime enjoy this highlight of Stoptechs in action and decide for yourself..

Stoptech offers BBK kits as well as replacement 2 piece brake discs for Porsche OEM discs , this includes steel rotor cars and PCCB equipped cars.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 06-05-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:46 AM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mike4s
Stock brakes are Brembo. arent they?
Sometimes it's not so much a poor quality part so much as a poorly made kit that is not well suited to the cars braking system or vehicle dynamics. I guarantee you porsche put a lot more effort into tuning the system than the BBK kit people at brembo spent on setting up the kit for this specific application.

Stoptech is well known for spending significant time with each platform they release making sure the kit's are well suited to the vehicle and outperform the oe setup. Stoptech isn't top of the line exactly imho, but it's a good setup from a good company.

disclaimer: never used it on a porsche.

Last edited by TimeTomorrow; 12-09-2016 at 11:50 AM.