997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

StopTech ? anyone ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 04:30 PM
911turbo X is on a distinguished road
StopTech ? anyone ?

hello everyone ....

im planing to change the OEM brake system to another bigger system for my 09 TT.....

so, has any one used or currently using StopTech ? and how do they preform ? any problems you have experienced with them?

Old 05-27-2012, 05:16 PM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
I've had Stoptech brakes on my E46 M3 several years ago, Although I rarely tracked my car they have shown durability both on the track and street. If your looking into a BBK I would suggest looking into Brembo, StopTech or if your looking for ccb's, Mov-It.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Slick997 is on a distinguished road
I would saty away from the Brembo BBK. I hated it. The stock brakes with better pads are much better than the BBK. I never tried Stop Tech but from what i hear i think its a better choice. Nothing comes close to the PCCB,s.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:27 AM
mike4s has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Slick997
I would saty away from the Brembo BBK. I hated it. The stock brakes with better pads are much better than the BBK. I never tried Stop Tech but from what i hear i think its a better choice. Nothing comes close to the PCCB,s.
Stock brakes are Brembo. arent they?

Old 05-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
^ I thought Porsche made their brakes, hence "Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake's"

Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 AM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
I wasn't aware of that, I guess you do learn from these posts.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:02 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Stoptech and brembo are different companies. I have stoptechs on my car (all 4 corners). Your best bet is to keep your oem calipers, and just get bigger rotors (380mm+).
Pccb's are made by brembo's btw.
All porsche calipers are made by brembo.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by mike4s
Stock brakes are Brembo. arent they?
Yes, I think they are, but for some reason the oem brakes are better. I have used both, the brembo BBK was not good .

Old 05-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911turbo X
hello everyone ....

im planing to change the OEM brake system to another bigger system for my 09 TT.....

so, has any one used or currently using StopTech ? and how do they preform ? any problems you have experienced with them?
I would just do better pads and high temp brake fluid.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Pointby has a little shameless behaviour in the past
What did you "hate" about the Brembo BBK? What kit did you run?

Old 05-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Pointby
What did you "hate" about the Brembo BBK? What kit did you run?
They got too hot, too fast,mand they would feel like the wheels where going brake off. Was really bad. A friend who got the same set up, experienced the same thing. I thought maybe they wherent broken in properly until my friend told me he's where doing the same thing. You figure bigger, better. Not my experience with them.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Pointby has a little shameless behaviour in the past
They got too hot, too fast,mand they would feel like the wheels where going brake off. Was really bad. A friend who got the same set up, experienced the same thing. I thought maybe they wherent broken in properly until my friend told me he's where doing the same thing. You figure bigger, better. Not my experience with them.
There must be more to the story because "too hot, too fast and the wheels breaking off" just doesn't make any sense. I'd hope that anyone with real issues after investing in a Brembo GT kit would be contacting the shop they bought them through or the US distributor, Race Technologies, not posting on a forum about it.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:15 PM
This is a thread on brakes..... the question was asked and I answers. Switzer sold me the kit and installed it along with my 700 kit.. I spoke with him about the problem and Brembo. This was 4 years ago, not new news... if not to talk about it here then where? you must sell ese breaks. Go on the Switzer website, my car is the yellow one on the website with the p40,s. Ans he assured me they where broken in properly.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
I have brembo upgrade on my 2012 turbo and honestly blows away anything else . Its a must for me , i had other brands and they just don't compare . Call the people at brembo and they will truly explain why their product is superior to others.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I got the car back with the 700hp kit and really drove it. At 300km/h to 325km/h if i hit the brakes, or when i hit the brakes, the car felt extremely dangerous and un safe. I drove it for 3k miles and sold it to my best friend and i bought another one with pccb,s. I put a Protomotive 700 kit on that one and we raced both against each other extensively. There was no comparison the white one with pccbs was a completely different car because of the higher speeds you could comfortably break at, and the confidence the car gave. We would switch cars and race each other and the car with the BBK was completely scary. Both cars ran 10.8,s on pump gas @132mph to 135mph. Im not talking out of my ***. I really put these things threw there paces. And both proto 700 kit, and Switzer, i was testing the power kits against each other and the brakes ended up being the biggest difference. Im not the first one to say this on 6speed, otheres say there not good also. At the same time i highly doubt my experience with Brembo GT BBK will hurt the reputation of the biggest high performance brake company in the world. If you have a small power upgrade the brakes might be great. I can only speak of my experience. I hope this helps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: StopTech ? anyone ?