997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PASM 100% disable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 04:53 PM
rcrosby is on a distinguished road
PSM 100% disable???

does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the systems 100% for track use?

Last edited by rcrosby; 06-03-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 PM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
By your thread title I thought you where gonna tell us!

In for 100% off feature

Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
PASM or the PSM? That is Porsche Active Suspension Management or the Porsche Stability Management?

You can disable PASM, by disconcerting the wires from each shock, disconnecting the PASM module and then making it inactive via the PIWIS.

As for the PSM, I do not believe you can disable it 100%. Given certain conditions it will turn on automatically (based on braking, turning, steering angle and etc.).

Old 06-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rcrosby
does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the systems 100% for track use?
Why? Are you that good that you don't want it to step in ruin your lap times?

Old 06-01-2012, 07:05 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 512bb
PASM or the PSM? That is Porsche Active Suspension Management or the Porsche Stability Management?

You can disable PASM, by disconcerting the wires from each shock, disconnecting the PASM module and then making it inactive via the PIWIS.

As for the PSM, I do not believe you can disable it 100%. Given certain conditions it will turn on automatically (based on braking, turning, steering angle and etc.).
He must mean PSM. If he truly means PASM then he shouldn't be worried about track time.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
We have disabled PASM when installing KW Coilovers

Old 06-03-2012, 08:02 PM
rcrosby is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I do mean PSM. even with it in the disable mode it still intervenes and takes over is certain situations where I with it would not..... On the track in tight sections it will start to shut it down, also seems to really consume rear pads due to PSM being active....

Last edited by rcrosby; 06-03-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:04 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I want to understand the same thing with PSM. What wires do I need to cut? What fuses should I pull? Who has the wiring diagram for the 997?

Old 11-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elite1
I want to understand the same thing with PSM. What wires do I need to cut? What fuses should I pull? Who has the wiring diagram for the 997?
on 996 there was a a connector you unplug in the frunk.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 11-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Why? Are you that good that you don't want it to step in ruin your lap times?

We have a lot of F1 Drivers here, they are the first ones to rip out their suspensions

Old 11-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by elite1
This is not a good idea for most of us recreational track guys. Here's why.
1. With a well set up car and a skilled driver, PSM is seldom noticeable when turned off and when it is noticeable, it's usually telling us we messed up. Turned off, yaw control is greatly relaxed which allows the car to be tossed and steered with the throttle to an extent and unless you plan on entering a drifting contest, the latitude it affords should be sufficient to put down some very quick laps.
2. If you feel PSM kick in, chances are either your car's suspension isn't up to the tasks being thrown at it or your skills need polishing. If you can keep the car dynamically balanced, PSM seldom kicks in and shouldn't be an issue. If you can't keep the car balanced, it's just trying to save you from yourself. Fwiw, I don't notice any abnormal brake wear with PSM turned off.
3. Were you to completely disable PSM, the biggest loss would be your ABS system which intervenes when your wheel(s) start slipping. Unless you have practiced and mastered threshold braking techniques (which isn't a skill much in demand with today's technology) you will quickly discover that your talent cannot match the computer's. And, should you still decide to "cut the wires", be prepared to increase your tire budget to replace the ones you flat-spot (or get used to that ba-dump, ba-dump feeling as the wheels go around). Also, think about what might happen when you trail brake into a fast corner and happen to lock a wheel or two or you have to take right-now-right-away evasive action to avoid the guy spinning in front of you. You want and need ABS.
4. Finally, consider getting home. Having the "nannies" engaged in a real world thunderstorm with the usual assortment of people not paying attention can be a lifesaver!
All in all, this ain't a battle worth fighting, imo!

Old 11-06-2014, 05:32 PM
rdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to behold
Unless you get paid by the 1000th of a second this is solid advice.

Originally Posted by Steamboat
This is not a good idea for most of us recreational track guys. Here's why. 1. With a well set up car and a skilled driver, PSM is seldom noticeable when turned off and when it is noticeable, it's usually telling us we messed up. Turned off, yaw control is greatly relaxed which allows the car to be tossed and steered with the throttle to an extent and unless you plan on entering a drifting contest, the latitude it affords should be sufficient to put down some very quick laps. 2. If you feel PSM kick in, chances are either your car's suspension isn't up to the tasks being thrown at it or your skills need polishing. If you can keep the car dynamically balanced, PSM seldom kicks in and shouldn't be an issue. If you can't keep the car balanced, it's just trying to save you from yourself. Fwiw, I don't notice any abnormal brake wear with PSM turned off. 3. Were you to completely disable PSM, the biggest loss would be your ABS system which intervenes when your wheel(s) start slipping. Unless you have practiced and mastered threshold braking techniques (which isn't a skill much in demand with today's technology) you will quickly discover that your talent cannot match the computer's. And, should you still decide to "cut the wires", be prepared to increase your tire budget to replace the ones you flat-spot (or get used to that ba-dump, ba-dump feeling as the wheels go around). Also, think about what might happen when you trail brake into a fast corner and happen to lock a wheel or two or you have to take right-now-right-away evasive action to avoid the guy spinning in front of you. You want and need ABS. 4. Finally, consider getting home. Having the "nannies" engaged in a real world thunderstorm with the usual assortment of people not paying attention can be a lifesaver! All in all, this ain't a battle worth fighting, imo!

Old 11-06-2014, 05:33 PM
997.2 TTS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Steamboat
This is not a good idea for most of us recreational track guys. Here's why.
1. With a well set up car and a skilled driver, PSM is seldom noticeable when turned off and when it is noticeable, it's usually telling us we messed up. Turned off, yaw control is greatly relaxed which allows the car to be tossed and steered with the throttle to an extent and unless you plan on entering a drifting contest, the latitude it affords should be sufficient to put down some very quick laps.
2. If you feel PSM kick in, chances are either your car's suspension isn't up to the tasks being thrown at it or your skills need polishing. If you can keep the car dynamically balanced, PSM seldom kicks in and shouldn't be an issue. If you can't keep the car balanced, it's just trying to save you from yourself. Fwiw, I don't notice any abnormal brake wear with PSM turned off.
3. Were you to completely disable PSM, the biggest loss would be your ABS system which intervenes when your wheel(s) start slipping. Unless you have practiced and mastered threshold braking techniques (which isn't a skill much in demand with today's technology) you will quickly discover that your talent cannot match the computer's. And, should you still decide to "cut the wires", be prepared to increase your tire budget to replace the ones you flat-spot (or get used to that ba-dump, ba-dump feeling as the wheels go around). Also, think about what might happen when you trail brake into a fast corner and happen to lock a wheel or two or you have to take right-now-right-away evasive action to avoid the guy spinning in front of you. You want and need ABS.
4. Finally, consider getting home. Having the "nannies" engaged in a real world thunderstorm with the usual assortment of people not paying attention can be a lifesaver!
All in all, this ain't a battle worth fighting, imo!
I agree. But, the desire to modify a car is as old as cars themselves. Most people cannot drive a stock Honda Accord to its limits, yet they will spend thousands to modify a top level sports car like a Porsche TTS. It's a real addiction that only the aftermarket really benefits. I have been driving fast cars for over 4 decades and taken scores of performance driving schools, participated in Porsche, BMW, Ferrari and Viper driver's ed events and consider myself a marginally above average driver. But, I have no doubt that Alonzo, Vettel, Rosberg, Dale Ernhardt, Jr. or any professional racer could drive my own TTS faster around any track in the world than I can. So, why would I ever modify my car until I was at as fast as them in it stock? The only reason is to feed an addition and make the aftermarket richer.

Last edited by 997.2 TTS; 11-06-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 997.2 TTS
I agree. But, the desire to modify a car is as old as cars themselves. Most people cannot drive a stock Honda Accord to its limits, yet they will spend thousands to modify a top level sports car like a Porsche TTS. It's a real addiction that only the aftermarket really benefits. I have been driving fast cars for over 4 decades and taken scores of performance driving schools, participated in Porsche, BMW, Ferrari and Viper driver's ed events and consider myself a marginally above average driver. But, I have no doubt that Alonzo, Vettel, Rosberg, Dale Ernhardt, Jr. or any professional racer could drive my own TTS faster around any track in the world than I can. So, why would I ever modify my car until I was at as fast as them in it stock? The only reason is to feed an addition and make the aftermarket richer.
Truer words. Although I think a lot of guys cant bear to blame themselves for the laps times... the few that actually set them, most just rip out the suspension because their drive to the gas station is so floaty and miserable. Its easier to blame the car because the feeling someone thinks they feel because they read about it, CANT be because of how they are driving, it has to be that Porsche doesnt know how to truly build a car.