997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Europipe EP1 or Akrapovic??? Can't decide!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM
porsche-driver is on a distinguished road
Europipe EP1 or Akrapovic??? Can't decide!!!

Hey guys. Which is an overall better exhaust, sound wise and performance wise? I know that Akra is titanium and weighs less, but does it sound better. I have a stock 2008 997.1 Turbo. I'll be adding headers later on, but they won't be the Akra's, since they are too expensive in my opinion. Thanks.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:12 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by porsche-driver
Hey guys. Which is an overall better exhaust, sound wise and performance wise? I know that Akra is titanium and weighs less, but does it sound better. I have a stock 2008 997.1 Turbo. I'll be adding headers later on, but they won't be the Akra's, since they are too expensive in my opinion. Thanks.
I would go with Europipe. Do a search for my vids but mind you my Europipe is catless and is on a 997.2. You can listen to mine if you like. I don't think there are any other BC'ers with Europipe.

Last edited by TT Chris; 08-17-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
If you choose the Akra setup make sure you go with 100cpsi catalytics. The 200cpsi setup is too quiet. If price is not an issue, I'd say go for the Akra setup.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Fugazi will become famous soon enoughFugazi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by porsche-driver
I, really like Akrapovic and they use top notch quality Titanium but way over priced!

Last edited by Fugazi; 08-18-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
I just installed an EP1 on my 997.1TT and couldnt be happier. Wonderful sound, top notch quality, great support and really opens up the car with a tune.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:19 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a 6speed ... Go with the EP2

Old 08-18-2012, 12:27 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I love the Europipe sound... not too familiar with the other.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I love the Europipe sound... not too familiar with the other.
EP1 or EP2?

Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Tiptro will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
If you have a 6speed ... Go with the EP2

Hi,

Can you tell me why EP2 is not recommended for tiptronic and no mechanical problems for the 6-speed box?
thank you

Old 08-19-2012, 07:56 AM
cobbcounty is a jewel in the roughcobbcounty is a jewel in the roughcobbcounty is a jewel in the rough
i installed the EP2 on my 2007 tt after trying a miltek and fabspeed. Difference was night and day. Not only ridiculously great sound but better performance. Dyno went up 28hp from the miltek. Great quality product.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
I don't know anyone who's not happy with Europipe, seriously!

Old 08-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Carlitos way
I don't know anyone who's not happy with Europipe, seriously!
Is that for an EP1 or EP2? Or there isn't much of a difference sound wise?

Old 08-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
Not much difference between EP1 and EP2 except the sound (EP2 is a bit louder) and also the price ($1000 more for EP2) but trust me the EP1 is perfect, like I said everyone I know is super happy with it.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:01 AM
pretzel is on a distinguished road
Just got the Akrapovic put on my 997.1 TTcab. Looks great from under the car, $$ yup, but from idle all the way to WOT it sounds great, top up or down. Sneaks in under our new noise bylaw as well. Only issue for me was that my tuner says that Akrapovic only has limited supply for the 997.1, and once they are gone that's it. Couldn't get the carbon tips either as part of the setup.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pretzel
Just got the Akrapovic put on my 997.1 TTcab. Looks great from under the car, $$ yup, but from idle all the way to WOT it sounds great, top up or down. Sneaks in under our new noise bylaw as well. Only issue for me was that my tuner says that Akrapovic only has limited supply for the 997.1, and once they are gone that's it. Couldn't get the carbon tips either as part of the setup.
Wow.... I mean WOW . This is the one you bought Akra Turbo? You might be first one on the forum with this exhaust, I think?

For OP - "porsche driver": IMHO, I would consider Akrapovic to be best of the very best, with state-of-the-art technical know-how and workmanship that dwarf just about everyone else on the market. Didn't expect anyone of us to use it on our Turbo though, mainly because of cost issue. These guys are the real thing and if you somehow could afford this exhaust, it is a no-brainer.

It is the one and only exhaust on the market that if I don't have to pay extra, I would trade with my beloved Cargraphic sound unheard and sight unseen. (I am sure I could unload it instantly on the used market for a small profit if I don't like the sound. Ha :-))

Last edited by cannga; 08-20-2012 at 04:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Europipe EP1 or Akrapovic??? Can't decide!!!